Planning for Dates for October - Fall School Schedules

I'm in Kokomo Indiana, about an hour north of Indy, and this fall for the first time, we get a full week!! Used to just get Monday-Friday, but this year we are off the week of October 20. One district north of us follows the 9 wks on/2 wks off, and their October break is the first two weeks of the month.

I'm in Kokomo Indiana, about an hour north of Indy, and this fall for the first time, we get a full week!! Used to just get Monday-Friday, but this year we are off the week of October 20. One district north of us follows the 9 wks on/2 wks off, and their October break is the first two weeks of the month.

East Tennessee: October 13th and 14th ONLY.

Thank you both!

We have Fall breaks each year. Went last year the week before Columbus Day and it was a crowd level we expected (crowded but manageable) but nothing compared to the week of Columbus Day...which was WAY crowded. The week we go typically doesn't have FD. FD usually ends before we get there and picks up again once we leave.

Planning to go again this year, during what appears to be a very popular week. (Arriving the 3rd-11th)

Fall Break for Nashville...October 6-10, plus the 13th (First full week + Columbus Day).

Other Counties around Nashville:
Williamson County TN...October 10th, 13th
Rutherford County TN...October 6-10
Wilson County TN...October 6-10, 13-17

I live in Northwest Indiana and our fall break is October 24-27 which is the same long weekend we have always had!

I live in Northwest Indiana and our fall break is October 24-27 which is the same long weekend we have always had!

We have Fall breaks each year. Went last year the week before Columbus Day and it was a crowd level we expected (crowded but manageable) but nothing compared to the week of Columbus Day...which was WAY crowded. The week we go typically doesn't have FD. FD usually ends before we get there and picks up again once we leave.

Planning to go again this year, during what appears to be a very popular week. (Arriving the 3rd-11th)

Fall Break for Nashville...October 6-10, plus the 13th (First full week + Columbus Day).

Other Counties around Nashville:
Williamson County TN...October 10th, 13th
Rutherford County TN...October 6-10
Wilson County TN...October 6-10, 13-17

Thank you for the info! Added to list

I'm a little confused is this fall break something new? I've never had a fall break for a week or more in sept or oct, I live in New England.. Is this something new with the schools? Or just a one year thing??

We always go to Disney in October, would be a little bummed if it picked up a lot during that time of year too but hey Disney is worth it always either way :)

I like the idea of a year round calendar with breaks spread throughout the year in theory, but in reality it is difficult to carry out. They did fall breaks for a few years here in Texas and then banned them and here is why. Many older kids take summer jobs. And many tourists areas rely on those kids working (Six Flags, places in San Antonio, etc.) If all of those teens go back to school the 1st of August it really messes things up for those businesses. Also, schools need time in the summer for things like football practice. So the super short summers caused a lot of problems. Plus, I would prefer for my younger kids and my college kids to have as similar schedules as possible.

You already have one week listed for Arizona, but the week prior is a HUGE Fall Break week here in Arizona: Oct. 6-10

DL is PACKKKKKED that week and some head to DW also. We did a Disney Cruise last Fall Break and hope to this year also with some DW days added in also.

Thank you for keeping track of the dates!

We're in the Bluegrass (central) region of KY. Not all districts have a full week, but we have Oct 6-10 for fall break.

Minnesota has an all state teacher conference in October. It's held on the third Thursday and Friday in October. 2014 -- Oct. 16 and 17

yes, yes, let's keep all the breaks in the first half of the month! :rotfl:

So far for my dates it will be the two of us and the good people of Indiana! :wave2: (Chicago here)

Still seems okay for later in the month...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter