Planning for 2013....who else?

Newbie here too! First trip to WDW period. We are planning June 2013 and can hardly wait. We have been doing so much research already, I wish it was next month we were going.

We plan to rent a Villa through the vacation club, any thoughts, good or bad?

Our first 4 trips (we ususally go every year - so started when my son was 11 months old and is now 13) we stayed at the Value Resorts and had a great time. Then I found the DIS and read up on DVC Rentals. I found a nice lady that I rented from and we stayed at the Boardwalk Villas. The next 2 times we rented from her again and stayed at Animal Kingdom and at Boardwalk again. If we go again next year ( that or a cruise) would love to stay at the Beach Club. I can usually rent points for almost the same price as staying at a Value Resort and the Deluxes are so much nicer. I love the Boardwalk/Beachclub Area - was so nice to walk to Epcot and take the boat to DHS.

Do a lot of research if you rent directly through an owner or you can rent from David's Rental - I hear he gets really good reviews but is a bit higher than renting from an owner (usually). But unlike going through Disney - you need to make sure of your plans as these are usually not cancellable.

Thank you for the responses. Can anyone tell me how the discount codes work? Can you use a code on hotel and then also get free dining?

I think no. I think it's one or the other... but your t/a or Disney can help you with the better discount for your family/your package. :goodvibes

We have just decided to plan our first vacation to Disney. Our kids will be 5 and 3 and we are thinking of November 2013, the week before Thanksgiving. Does anyone know when 2013 rates are released and how far in advance you are able to make lodging reservations? Starting to research this trip and already am very overwhelmed.

Newbie here. We are planning our first family trip for October 2013. My parents are also coming along with us for the kids first Disney adventure. There will be 4 adults and 2 kids, ages just shy of 3 and almost 5. We're thinking All Star Music or the AoA. Will both values sleep 6 people?

Where does everyone book their vacation through? Through Disney or an agent? I'm curious if we should book our hotel sooner rather than later once we figure out dates or should we wait until it gets closer. Are there any dates in October 2013 that are going to particularly busy with certain events?

So excited to be finally going back to the most Magical place on earth!

The suites at either AoA or ASMu will fit 6. We'll be going next year with our famly of 4 (two small children included) and both my mother and MIL. The six of us will be in a suite at AoA. It's perfect for us--hubby and I can have the master BR, and both mothers said they would be just fine sharing with the girls. So our daughters can trade off sleeping with their grandmothers in the pull down or sofa bed (we've already offered our moms the master BR to share, but they wouldn't hear of it).

We're booked to cruise the Fantasy in June 2013, and I think I'm more excited about that than our annual Christmas trip. We're planning to drive down the coast and spend a couple of nights at Vero Beach before boarding the ship. When the cruise is over, we're going to hang out at the Poly (construction rumors pending, of course) for a few days before returning home.

2012 will be our 4th Christmas at Disney, and I'm sure we'll continue the tradition in 2013. We always leave the day we get out for Winter Break (I'm a teacher :teacher: ), celebrate our anniversary on NYE (2013 will be 19 years!) and return the night before school resumes. The kids choose a moderate resort for the first half of the trip, and then we move to the Poly for our anniversary week.

Our lives wouldn't feel normal if we didn't have at least one trip in the works. :rotfl:

CHANGE OF PLANS!!!

Our school system took our fall break away and shortened the school year!! And is anticipated that it will be the same 2013....That means no October trip :(

The up side is: We are going 5 months sooner!! :banana::banana::banana:

MAY 2013 HERE! Exact dates not yet decided.

*jumps and down!* me! me! me! my family and I are planning on a June 2013 trip to the World! While i have faith that i will be financially able to fund my own trip with them, after securing a more profitable job will make that bit of stress ease away and hardcore planning will begin!

We are planning our first trip for September/October 2013! So excited but totally overwhelmed!

We are booked at AoA for the Jan 2013 Marathon weekend. When I received the email for the 20th anniversary, I didn't even ask DH -- I registered him immediately! (He has completed 17 marathons, so it's not really a problem). I will run the 5k (stubborn injury keeping me from repeating the half - my favorite distance), and DS (7) will run the Mickey Mile and 400m. We'll squeeze in some time at MK/Epcot, maybe AK, then it's off to cruise on Dream! I'm out of my mind - I booked 2 other cruises out of NY on the spur of the moment. Need some magic and pixie dust to sprinkle away some recent tough times, I suppose..... Cheers!

I am planning my first trip to WDW, Feb 2013 for a week at AoA. We will be celebrating my DD 18th B-day during the trip.

We are planning our first trip in Janary 2013, 2 adults and 3 kids ages 9, 7, and 4! Planning on renting DVC points to stay at BLT!

I am slowly planning our second WDW trip for November 2013. Anyone know if they ever have the free dining for the first couple of weeks? We stayed at CBR last year and have decided on staying at CSR in 2013!

We are planning a big family trip the last week of October 2013. As soon as this year's trip is over it will be save, save, save for next year. Thinking of requesting close together FW cabins or family suites at AoA, since there will be 10 of us for that trip.
Although we won't get to go back for 2 years because we are going to save for our travel trailer... or DVC on wheels as the hubby calls it.

I am in for a trip in May of 2013. I have been planning this trip since I got back form my trip in 2011 with my DS. Will be celebrating my DD's 8th birthday for the trip (and maybe celebrate my upcoming 40th while we are at it.) Can't wait until the packages come out so I can finally book my stay.

I know anything is possible year to year, but free dining is pretty much a given during its usual time right...late August to mid-September? We are planning to go August 24 - 31 in 2013 dependent on when school starts in 2013...but ideally we'd like to go before school starts at the beginning of free dining if it all works out.

Can't wait to get something concrete booked, but it is all hinging on finding out when school starts next year and that will probably be awhile.

We have booked our room for Sept 2013. waiting for packages to be realised!!!

Am I behind?!? Planning our first trip for Sept. 2013 too. Where did you book? We are going the 21st-27th and the Disney site won't book for me yet. Also, we want to do the free dining plan, with the table service and quick service meals. I believe I have to book a moderate hotel for this deal? Any ideas???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter