Planning first trip as married couple :)

Nemo Lover

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone :) So I'm planning our first trip to Disney April 14-20, 2013 for my husband and myself. I haven't been since I was 8 and he has NEVER BEEN!!!! I'm so super excited! I'm trying so hard to go through all the sites and pick all my friends brains as to what I need to make sure we do without a doubt. I need help!! We are staying at the French Quarter resort and getting the dining plus package. Where should we eat? Where are must places to go in all the parks? I want to make this trip as magical as I can for my husband!!! Thanks for all the help :)

Wow, there is so much I could say. Seriously. I just got a job there and have annual passes to all the parks so I am a nerd when it comes to anything Disney. I would love to give you tips or answer any questions. No matter what you do at Disney, you will have a great time. The only problem is trying to do everything you can. I hope you guys have a fantastic trip and please don't hesitate to send me a message or something for help :)

I am in the midst of planning my October trip with my BF.

I was kind of in your boat at the beginning of planning. I had no idea where to eat or what to do at all.

I started reading the Restaurant Reviews and people's Trip Reports. Those posts gave me SO much information, I feel like an expert now!

Seriously, go check out those parts of the forum. There is so much information there.

Please message me if there are any questions you have unanswered. We went for our Honeymoon back in 2009!

Thank y'all so much for the responses. I've tried sending messages but apparently I don't have enough threads or something. My plan for us is on the first day we will spend our day in downtown Disney since were driving from LA. I really want to go see the cirque show so I figured that would be the best day to go do that since we might be a little tired from the travel. As for the other days I don't really have any preference as to what parks we go to first. I know I need to make reservations soon for restaurants we are going to want to eat at so I guess first I need to decide where we should eat. Suggestions for where to eat would be great! My only concern about booking reservations is I'm afraid they will clash once I find out show times for shows in the parks we will want to see. I may be over thinking this all too much, I just want to make this a special vaca for my husband since he's never been :) any help would be amazing!!!!

you will be able to send messages once you are at 15 posts I think. If you get the parkhopper pass you can always jump from park to park not worrying about which park you have to stay in. Also, look at the resorts. They have amazing restaurants as well and downtown Disney. If your reservation doesn't work they just ask that you cancel 24 hrs ahead. Check out San Angel Inn in Epcot's Mexico. Very cute and romantic. Also, The Brown Derby in HS. Or Le Cellier in Epcot is a big favorite. The Deluxe resorts have some amazing restaurants as well!

If you don't have any kids with you, I suggest doing things they can't do, like the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour and maybe the Segways in EPCOT (depends on what you like!). My husband and I enjoyed these and really love eating at the California Grille at the Contemporary (go for dinner, stay for the fireworks). Just a thought.....

Has anyone ever stayed offsite and gone to Disney? My husband and I have a time share in Orlando 5 minutes away from Disney and a bus goes to our condo. I know we won't be able to do the extra hours but were starting to wonder if we should stay there. We'd like to go to universal too and see the blue man group so were just exploring our options.

Sure! You indeed miss some of the perks and the feel of staying "in the magic"! But if you already own the timeshare I'd say why not!

How is Universal? I haven't been since I was 10 so it's been 15 years, I know they have added some stuff and Island of Adventures seems really cool. I'm thinking we may do Disney for 4 days and then do Universal/IOA for 2 days. I'd really like to go see the blue man group while at universal one night. Is it worth it to shorten our Disney time to go to Universal?

Universal is great! There is a board on here about it as well. I haven't been in several years, but we loved IOA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter