Planning Disneyland and haven't been for

BitsnBearsMom

<font color=green>We sure are lucky that way<br><f
at least 34 yrs - and even then I don't really remember much as I was only 3 yrs old when we did go.

Lots of questions - I've been looking through this board and still have no clue!!

Where to stay?? We know the DW resorts well and are DVC members but DL is a whole new ball game. DL resort or Good neighbor resort? I'm sure many on here would havre a recommendation for me or a suggestion as to where we should start looking.

How many days do you need for both parks?? I was thinking that 2 days for DL and 1 day for DCA would be reasonable - I'm travelling with dh, myself, ds13yo and ds 8yo and both are very good travellers - We have a hard time keeping up with them based on our many DW trips.

We would be going hopefully in March of '08 for 9 to 10 days and would like to do other things as well - Disney portion of the trip would most likely only be 4 of the days/nights. Kids will want to do a beach, Universal perhaps and not sure what else as we are only in the beginning planning stages! We will also need to slot a day in to visit my 104yo Great Aunt who lives near DW.

Thanks for all the help!

I'm planning my first trip, so I'm certainly no expert, but I've sought out lots of advice and the consensus seems to be that for most people it's not worth the extra money to stay in the DLR hotels (other hotels are just as close and the theming isn't quite as good at DLR hotels as at WDW hotels). Most people seem to recommend 3-4 days as a good length of visit.

Happy planning!

Take a look at the southern Ca City pass option. You get 3 day park hopper, a day at universal, a day at Sea world in San Diego, and a day at either the San Diego Zoo or the San Diego Wild Life Preserve. All for a pretty good price.

When you go, plan on hopping back and forth from DL and DCA, it isn't like WDW were that is a big pain.

As for hotels, it depends on what your looking for, the DL hotels are nice, but you could probably save at least 50% by staying off site, and unlike WDW it is not a huge benifit to stay onsite.

Thanks - IF we stay off site what hotels are recommended? We *might* use DVC points but am not sure yet.

The plan would be to do the 3 days at Disney in a row then move on to the next place.

at least 34 yrs - and even then I don't really remember much as I was only 3 yrs old when we did go.

Lots of questions - I've been looking through this board and still have no clue!!

Where to stay?? We know the DW resorts well and are DVC members but DL is a whole new ball game. DL resort or Good neighbor resort? I'm sure many on here would havre a recommendation for me or a suggestion as to where we should start looking.

How many days do you need for both parks?? I was thinking that 2 days for DL and 1 day for DCA would be reasonable - I'm travelling with dh, myself, ds13yo and ds 8yo and both are very good travellers - We have a hard time keeping up with them based on our many DW trips.

We would be going hopefully in March of '08 for 9 to 10 days and would like to do other things as well - Disney portion of the trip would most likely only be 4 of the days/nights. Kids will want to do a beach, Universal perhaps and not sure what else as we are only in the beginning planning stages! We will also need to slot a day in to visit my 104yo Great Aunt who lives near DW.

Thanks for all the help!
Answers to these questions and more can be found here:

A DLR Guide for WDW Vets
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter