Planning Big Family Vacation 2011

kirstyc822

Mouseketeer
Hi to everyone on this great forum!

My fiance and I are just back from visiting the Wedding Pavillion and are booking our wedding with Disney for 2011.

We cant decide between May or September and were looking for some feedback on what the best month was to visit.

We are from Scotland and will have yound kids and my grandmother is in her 80s. A lot of family members have never been to Florida and we want everyone to have the best time, weather wise and crowd wise.

Thanks in advance for your reply

Kirsty

:love:

I vote for May. Much less humid in my opinion. But maybe some Floridian's on here would know better than me. Congrats, BTW.

I vote for May as well. September can be peak times for hurricanes, and planning a wedding is stressful enough without having to worry about those! May is a beautiful time of year...Warm enough to swim but not sweltering enough to melt. I got married this past May and it was a beautiful time of year.:goodvibes Congratulations!

I vote for September. If you will be having family & friends traveling to Fla - Sept is value season & will much easier for your family & friends to afford than May. I tend to think of what is easier/more affordable for the guests - but that is just me...

May hands-down because of the better weather and because you're in in the heart of hurricane season during September. There are all kinds of ways to make it affordable.

I cast my vote also for May. Congratulations on your up-coming wedding. My daughter had a full-blown Disney wedding last year and they were really great about everything. You might want to go browse in the "wedding" section here on the boards. They will give you a lot of information. If you are having a lot of family members coming you might want to arrange for a rental maybe outside of Disney somewhere. There are quite a few homes for rent for a decent price. The cost of a wedding is enough without having to worry about staying somewhere. Good luck and I know your wedding will be beautiful. Disney doesn't do weddings wrong.

I would suggest May also. September is very hot and humid in Florida, especially for your grandmother. Congrats on your upcoming wedding and have fun planning!

September is probably the least crowded month of the year.

But there's a reason for that -- weather! (and, of course, school has just started).

For low prices and low crowds, pick September.
For better weather, pick May (although May weather isn't a sure thing, as this year there was record heat during an early May week, and then there was nearly non-stop rainfall during a later May week).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter