Planning around Golden Week(s)

Michael623

WDW 40 trips, DL 12 trips, DLP 2 trips
I'm turning 40 at the end of June 2013 and I'd like to plan a big Disney trip with my family to celebrate. I've been to Paris twice and I think I've had my fill of that place so TDL is my next quest. I'd like to stay away from the rainy season so going on my actual birthday isn't a possibility, which is fine. The weeks I'm considering are a week or two before Golden Week, or the period after Golden Week up to the first week in June. Are there any pros or cons with any of these weeks over another? Naturally I'm talking about crowds, weather and likelihood of ride refubs.

I would go before rather than after. The week before is usually really empty but after GW it's hard to say what it will be like.

Good to know, thanks. Would I be able to catch the cherry blossoms at this time too? What are the exact dates I should avoid as far as GW 2013 goes.

There may be some lingering cherry blossoms but it really depends on the weather. Looking at the calendar 2013 GW starts the 29th (Mon.), Tues.-Thurs. Are not a holiday but people will probably take those days off so they can take that whole week off. It's probably best to come April 22-26 or the week before the 15-19th. Always avoid the weekends because many locals visit from Tokyo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter