planning and my Disney experience

eporter66

DIS Veteran & DVC Owner at SSR
i really like my Disney experience. Yesterday, we decided to stay at the pool longer since it was so hot. I came back to the room and changed our first fast pass time to late evening. No problem at all. I also know this is a very slow time of year, honestly, other than Toy Story Mania you really didn't need a fast pass.

How does everyone else like mde?

One of our other struggles is dining. We make plans, but then end up wanting something different or are not hungry/ready for dinner. Thankfully, since it is slow, we have been able to walk in and sit down wherever we have gone.

I haven't had the chance to use MDE live in the park yet.

But I don't like planning my meals either. To much planning to the minute to my liking. I like to decide when I am hungry what we will eat based on where we are.

If we didn't keep to the times we picked on MDE, we'd loose that fast pass. I agree with davper, too much planning. That's one reason not doing a WDW or DL vacation next year, doing DCL instead.

We actually love the whole MDE. It works for us and I don't feel overplanned or restricted. We change it if we need to when we need to and if we can't get exactly what we want we just stay flexible. That's the beauty of DVC we'll be back!!!

MBs in IMHO are the worst thing Disney has come up with. I have had over 12 trips using them and have had issues on every trip.
Sometimes they work great at the parks and will not open the room doors.
Sometimes they work on the room doors but will not allow me into the parks.
Sometimes they work on the room doors and let me in the parks, but the FPs do not work.
I have written member satisfaction every time and I have yet to get any!
The MDE website does not work the way I need it to do so. I have two DVC memberships but am allowed only one MDE account. I have yet to ever get a DVC reservation to auto-populate within MDE, I have to manually enter them ever time. Here is one family that wishes things would go back to FIFO for all attractions and do away with FPs.

MBs in IMHO are the worst thing Disney has come up with. I have had over 12 trips using them and have had issues on every trip.
Sometimes they work great at the parks and will not open the room doors.
Sometimes they work on the room doors but will not allow me into the parks.
Sometimes they work on the room doors and let me in the parks, but the FPs do not work.
I have written member satisfaction every time and I have yet to get any!
The MDE website does not work the way I need it to do so. I have two DVC memberships but am allowed only one MDE account. I have yet to ever get a DVC reservation to auto-populate within MDE, I have to manually enter them ever time. Here is one family that wishes things would go back to FIFO for all attractions and do away with FPs.
We have two membership numbers (Sept and Dec contracts) and one MDE account. I copy the reservation number to MDE to get the reservation into the system. It's really easy to do. Knock on wood, but we haven't had any problems with magic bands so far. We're using old magic bands for our F&W trip so we'll see how that goes.

We've ridden on rides doing standby and getting on before our FP+ time for the same ride came up. So we cancelled that FP+ in lieu of doing the ride twice and booked a different FP+.

Some things I'd like to see improved

- make the FP and ADR windows open at the same date, so I can plan once
- let me tell it what I want most and have the system look across the whole week for ADR and FP that work together.
- give me a bigger window and let me book overlapping times so I have more flexibility when I'm there

I only had one problem with the Magic Bands, and it was at a stand in MK trying to buy a pretzel and water. But honestly, that was it.

I know it was much easier for us to change FP times because it was not really a busy time at WDW. Interesting to hear the other thoughts. As for the dining issue, I know that is kind of "our" issue, I just find it hard to plan dinner. If we are in the middle of something, not hungry, or just not in the mood for what we ordered, then it seems like a waste to go to dinner. Again, we had no problems with the restaurants, and getting in somewhere, so that made it pretty easy

We have been very happy with MDE and FP+s. However, if I had a "wish" it would be that I could get the 3 FP+ with 2 of them in 1 park and the other in a different park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter