Planning an October 17 - 21 trip for Daughters 21st Birthday

MINNIE OF TWO MICE

WE LOVE EARNING OUR EARS
Oh my goodness! I can't believe that I am finally going back to Disney. I honestly don't know who is more excited she or I. I happened upon some fabulous air fare that happened to be during her fall break and jumped on it. Only downfall, my son(also in college), can't go because he has an earlier fall break.

We haven't been to Disney since my children hit high school. Sadly that would be 7 years. She has been dying to go back but didn't want to fight the huge crowds in the summer. (We always took the children out of school the second week of December.) Back then it was so easy to do the normal "tink gifts" for when they woke up. Had postcards sent to them. They loved the wake up calls. etc

I am looking for something exciting that I could surprise her with. I am "out of touch" with the new and different things to do and we always traveled during the Christmas season. I already have the tickets to the Halloween party. She wouldn't be interested in one of the tours because she has always said she wants it to stay magical. Beauty and the Beast is her favorite. I am desperately trying to get her reservations for "Be our Guest" dining. Also, it will be just her Dad and I along with her.

Would anyone have any suggestions? I really want to make this special.

Going back after a 7 year gap and MNSSHP sounds pretty special to me. A lot is still the same but also a lot has changed in 7 years. No reason to throw more money at it.. Spend a good amount of time in the parks and really take it all in and enjoy....

Food and wine at epcot will also be going on if you've never been while that is happening. being older she might appreciate that a lot more and the event has really grown in size.

I agree with you about just getting back to the parks. I guess its just a "me" thing. I like little extra specials thrown in there. One of my favorites is the Illuminations cruise.

I just didn't know if there were any new things like that. I am going to comb through the threads. I literally just got back on here in the last day or two and forgot how overwhelming it can be when its not a daily thing. I use to get on her even when we werent planning a trip. Then is just got to a point where it made me sad. BUT I am back!

Thank you for your response.

I agree MNSSHP and Food & Wine will be great activities.

You might also like to visit some of the fun, new lounges...
* Trader Sam's at the Polynesian is a Tiki bar that puts on a fun show and had delicious (but expensive) Tiki drinks. The souvenir glasses are optional, but could be a fun keepsake.
* There is the AbracadaBar at the Boardwalk has a magician theme (haven't bee there yet, but looking forward going next month).

Another option would be ordering a special cake for her birthday meal (there is a whole thread on cakes here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/official-disney-cake-chatter-part-iv.3261922/). You could get a Beauty and the Beast themed one!

If you could talk her into it, she could DisneyBound as Belle and do the Gaston Meet and Greet (Disneybounding info here: http://disneybound.co/search/belle). That would be fun.

pixiedust: :bday:pixiedust:

After 7 years, there will lots of new stuff to see that's included in your park ticket. At MK, I would see Belle's Enchanted Tales, meet Gaston, have a LeFou's brew at Gaston's Tavern. Get FP's for Mine Train for sure. Walk thru the interactive lines at Winnie and Peter Pan. BOG has breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so keep trying. Did you know Mickey Mouse talks? He's in the Town Square Theatre. There is an interactive game you can play, Sorcerers of the magic kingdom, https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/sorcerers/ . There is much more just at MK. Have a great time!

Thanks y'all! Disneybound-ing sounds great. I may be able to get her to do that.

A lot has changed in 7 years. If y'all only knew what a planner I am. I use to plan for a whole year and have every detail of our trip memorized. We would pack a lot into our trips. This is the first trip I have been rushed and like I said overwhelmed.

Magic Kingdom is my favorite and the reason I get park hoppers. I love to go everyday. There is just something about walking down main street.

I will definitely order her a cake. In the past it has always been my husbands birthday when we traveled and the children loved to pick his cake out.

Well, let me tell you what I'm planning for our trip in November and *maybe* it will give you some ideas. Our trip is a surprise for my daughter's 16th birthday.
1) Made Princess and the Frog/Sweet 16 window decorations to put in our resort window (Princess and the Frog is her favorite).
2) Made a folder of all of our reservations (with pictures of each) to give to her to let her know we're going.
3) Booked POFQ resort to let her feel like we're in New Orleans (like Princess Tiana).
4) Made reservations at restaurants that I know she has been wanting to try.
5) Booked reservations for the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party
6) Bought tickets for MVMCP
7) Ordering a Princess Tiana cake to be delivered to our resort
I don't know if that will help you at all, but maybe it'll give you an idea or two. Have a great trip and :bday: to your daughter!

I hope you get BOG! It is absolutely amazing the first time you walk in, especially for a fan of Beauty and the Beast

Well, let me tell you what I'm planning for our trip in November and *maybe* it will give you some ideas. Our trip is a surprise for my daughter's 16th birthday.
1) Made Princess and the Frog/Sweet 16 window decorations to put in our resort window (Princess and the Frog is her favorite).
2) Made a folder of all of our reservations (with pictures of each) to give to her to let her know we're going.
3) Booked POFQ resort to let her feel like we're in New Orleans (like Princess Tiana).
4) Made reservations at restaurants that I know she has been wanting to try.
5) Booked reservations for the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party
6) Bought tickets for MVMCP
7) Ordering a Princess Tiana cake to be delivered to our resort
I don't know if that will help you at all, but maybe it'll give you an idea or two. Have a great trip and :bday: to your daughter!

Thank you so much! Your daughter is going to love it. If you havent ever been to MVMCP, you are in for a real treat. Happy Sweet 16 to your daughter!

I hope you get BOG! It is absolutely amazing the first time you walk in, especially for a fan of Beauty and the Beast

I am trying every time I think about it. I leave it up on my desktop all day. I would book any meal I could get her in there for! Thank you for the well wishes!

What about dinner and fireworks at California Grill? Or a night at Jellyrolls, the dueling piano bar at Boardwalk?

Oh, I also bought my daughter a Princess Tiana Magicband. They do sell a Belle one on the Shop Disney Parks App.View attachment 192994

I did get that and a new Belle Lanyard. She has loved pin trading since our very first trip. I think the pin trading is a combination of conversation with new people and pin trading so I think she will still enjoy that.

I have bought the bands but cant load them for another nine or ten days. I have to study up on how all of that works. We had enought points for our hotel stay at the Holiday Inn at Disney Springs. I am assuming only our fast passes will load on there. I saw a whole thread on it and plan to review before the time comes. My tickets come in the mail tomorrow. We also had some unused time on no expiration tickets that I had seen where someone was able to link those as well.

What about dinner and fireworks at California Grill? Or a night at Jellyrolls, the dueling piano bar at Boardwalk?

I would "settle" for California Grill. We celebrated my husbands 40th birthday there one year. I am stuck on BOG but I may better reserve something else that I could always cancel if I am able to get BOG. I have never researched Jellyrolls or the Dueling Piano Bar. I will check them out as well.

Thanks for reminding me about California Grill. It would definitely be a good back up plan.

I would "settle" for California Grill. We celebrated my husbands 40th birthday there one year. I am stuck on BOG but I may better reserve something else that I could always cancel if I am able to get BOG. I have never researched Jellyrolls or the Dueling Piano Bar. I will check them out as well.

Thanks for reminding me about California Grill. It would definitely be a good back up plan.
Jellyrolls IS the dueling piano bar ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter