Planning an amazing birthday

toodycat

DIS Veteran
Hi, all. DH will be celebrating his 50th birthday at WDW this October. So far, I've booked a club level room at AKL, planned a birthday dinner at Jiko with a special chocolate mousse cake, reserved the Sunrise Safari at AL and bought tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I also asked the concierge to purchase a silly birthday hat for DH. (DH's only request so far is that we also play mini-golf.) Our trip will be during the Food & Wine fest at Epcot as well. Can you think of anything else we can do to make his birthday really memorable? He's seen La Nouba three times so I don't want to do it again and I am allergic to horses, so the horse drawn carriage ride is a no-no. If you can think of any other cool ways to celebrate, please let me know.
Thanks!

Sounds wonderful! I'll be celebrating my 50th next May. Hope to stay AKL CL!

Does your DH like fishing? The fishing excursions are really fun but not cheap. Something like $250 for 2 hours. Up to 5 fit on the boat. Our family has done it from Poly and BWI. We caught more fish at Poly (catch & release) but fishing in the lagoon at Epcot before the park opened was really cool too.

Have you ever eaten at California Grill? Really great atmosphere there! Have you ever eaten at Flying Fish at BWI? Really wonderful food there!

My DH would love a fishing excursion, trying a tequila flight at La Cava in Epcot, and a Blue Man Group show (if you don't mind going off-site for one night).

I second the wishes or Illuminations Cruise. We did that for my dads 52nd birthday a few years ago and he loved it! We also had family members call and leave messages on the room answering machine. When we got back from our day at the park he listened to the messages and thought it was wonderful that everyone (in laws, aunts, uncles, counsins, sisters and even a few freinds) called to wish him happy Bday. Also, don't forget the birthday button- that in itself will be a treat!

Check with the front desk...arrange for a birthday "wake-up" call and also ask about sending a birthday card/balloons from Mickey and all his friends!

Thanks everyone. He's not a big fisherman, although DS is, but it's not his birthday. I'm thinking Segway tour. We weren't able to do it last summer because DS was only 15. Now that he's old enough, I think his dad would really enjoy touring Epcot by Segway. I also love the idea of the birthday wake up call. DH is a very young and playful 50 year old and he will get a big laugh out of a call from Mickey.

AKL Club Level, Jiko, Segway, all excellent choices!

Have a Magical visit! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter