planning a trip to WDW next Jan

joshua74133

Earning My Ears
Air tickets 509 a person??? seriously:eek:! this is getting nuts...
a family of 6 to fly is going to cost a little over 3k MORE THEN OUR ROOM TO STAY A WEEK!!!!!!!

ideas??? i guess im going to have to consider driving with 4 kids from Tulsa Oklahoma YUCK! 2 days of farting, fighting and complaining = a bad way to start a DREAM trip.

Im entering every air ticket giveaway please post if you know of any other Air ticket giveaway.

Air tickets 509 a person??? seriously:eek:! this is getting nuts...
a family of 6 to fly is going to cost a little over 3k MORE THEN OUR ROOM TO STAY A WEEK!!!!!!!

ideas??? i guess im going to have to consider driving with 4 kids from Tulsa Oklahoma YUCK! 2 days of farting, fighting and complaining = a bad way to start a DREAM trip.

Im entering every air ticket giveaway please post if you know of any other Air ticket giveaway.

Have you named your own price on Priceline?

how does that work??? lol i put in what i paid when we went in our honeymoon and it came up with tickets... whats the catch????

I'd honestly wait it out. Ticket prices will probably come down closer to your travel date. I read somewhere that tickets are cheapest 6 weeks out. Don't do Priceline because you can't choose times or how many stops. I've known people who have ended up with crummy times and 2-3 stops.

We've saved a lot by flying in and out of Tampa, but we typically rent a car in Orlando anyway.

Airline fares will go up and down a dozen times between now and January 2013, however.

I don't know, but I'm also planning a January 2013 surprise trip with 4 kids. We're driving from MD because I don't want to spend $1200 (minimum) on airfare for the family and I'm not sure I want to navigate the airport with 4 kids. $509 sounds crazy high from Tulsa, but I'm no expert.

I just bought tickets from united from Des Moines to Orlando for 280.00 a person. Next day they shot up to 332 for the same flight. I'm worried gas prices will affect ticket sales, so I got mine ASAP. Hope you can get a better deal, what airline are you looking at? We are going January 5-12.

how does that work??? lol i put in what i paid when we went in our honeymoon and it came up with tickets... whats the catch????

There's no catch.

If you buy tix from Priceline by naming your own price, you pick your dates, your starting point, and your destination.

Priceline picks your flight times, and potential stop overs.

There are also no refunds, and if your bid is accepted, you've bought 'em.

Your ticket prices seem about right. I bought tickets last fall for a Jan 2012 trip and my ticket from Corpus Christi to Orlando was just barely under $500. Mom's ticket from Tulsa was like $505 if I remember correctly. I looked and looked from July onward and never did find any better deals.

I've done that drive from Tulsa to Orlando with 2 kids (10 & 5) and it is really really long. Yes, 2 days and that is one way. Plus 2 days back. For me, it is worth the cost to NOT be sitting in a car for 4 days. But on the bright side of that, we did stop and swim at Pensacola Beach, which is beautiful with babypowder fine white sand and bright bluegreen waters, and we did make a side trip over to St. Augustine as well on the return trip from Orlando.

I'd still fly and just get there though if possible.

honestly i dont care what airline... i would fly on the back of a big duck if i could. lol pack my family in a big box and send us UPS, 500 a person is nuts

I would love to find 220 a ticket. that would make me do a happy dance in my unders in the front yard

I would just wait.. you are too far out to get a good price. We've been looking for flights to Florida for this summer since last Fall. They were consistently running about $600 on SW (!) However, just this week, they dropped down to $400.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter