Planning a surprise trip!

I was just logging on to ask about surprise trips. My kids have requested that the next trip be a total surprise. I have no idea how we will pull this off!

I was just logging on to ask about surprise trips. My kids have requested that the next trip be a total surprise. I have no idea how we will pull this off!

We have had to come up with a code words. Our suprise trip code words is beach trip. The kids think we are going on another quick beach trip right before school starts. We have gone on a beach trip at this time of year before, so they believe us.

40 more days until our surprise trip. Tshirts have been ordered and the same person who is making the shirts is going to WDW before we do and is going to make a special DVD for us.

This is coming along nicely.

Anyone else getting things put together?

We had to cancel our granddaughters first trip last Aug due to a family situation. When we re-booked for Jan we decided not to tell them just in case. I asked them would they want to be surprised and my 8 y/o dgd said just pick us up from school and then we can go to Disney. So 3 months later that is exactly what we did :) Their teachers knew for several weeks and kept the secret. 1st flight, 1st Disney trip - they were so excited and it was a great trip. We almost spilled the beans several times...keeping the secret is hard but so worth it!

We are going back in Sept for MNSSHP and they know about this trip. Costumes are ready and tickets purchased. But they don't know we are doing 2 parties or that we are staying at AOA in a little mermaid room. I love surprises!

We had to cancel our granddaughters first trip last Aug due to a family situation. When we re-booked for Jan we decided not to tell them just in case. I asked them would they want to be surprised and my 8 y/o dgd said just pick us up from school and then we can go to Disney. So 3 months later that is exactly what we did :) Their teachers knew for several weeks and kept the secret. 1st flight, 1st Disney trip - they were so excited and it was a great trip. We almost spilled the beans several times...keeping the secret is hard but so worth it!

We are going back in Sept for MNSSHP and they know about this trip. Costumes are ready and tickets purchased. But they don't know we are doing 2 parties or that we are staying at AOA in a little mermaid room. I love surprises!

I love hearing stories about surprise trips working out. I am hoping everything goes well for us.

Also, I like how even though they know about your next trip, you still have managed to add some surprise to it.

This surprise trip will really be a surprise. At this point, our vacation date has changed so many time I have no idea when we will be going!

8 more days and we will be revealing our surprise and then off to the airport.

We had tshirts made and a friend is making a video to watch that the kids will watch to reveal where we are going. The kids still think we are going to the beach.

8 more days and we will be revealing our surprise and then off to the airport.

We had tshirts made and a friend is making a video to watch that the kids will watch to reveal where we are going. The kids still think we are going to the beach.

Wow! What an awesome friend! You should probably go ahead and take her to WDW as a thank you. ;)

We surprised our DS last May with a trip. We drove from home (Ontario) to Detroit and told him we were just going to the Hendry Ford museum for the weekend.

When we got to the airport and got on the plane, we told him we were just going for a plane ride and landing back in Detroit. When we landed in MCO, we made it onto the shuttle, back to the main terminal, past the Disney Store and almost down to the ME counters before he clued in and said "This isn't Detroit....this is DISNEY WORLD!!!". It was AWESOME!

In two weeks, we're surprising him again. We've told him that we're going to visit Zio and Zia (DH's uncle and aunt) in Indy, but flying this time (we drove down in July for a wedding). I don't know if we'll be able to get all the way down to the ME counters this time, but we'll see. He's 5 now, so we might not even be able to get out of Detroit without him noticing that there are other kids bouncing off the walls waiting for the plane to Disney! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter