• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning a duel resort stay, could use some help.

Kimberle

WL Vet
OK, talked my hubby into a March trip. We've decided to stay 2 nights at AKL and 5 nights at the Poly. We've never done the "split resort" agenda, so I could use some help.

What I think will work best for us is to book the rooms seperate from the tickets. With the new room only code I got:

$533 (inc tax) for AKL Savannah, 2 nights
$1477.40 (inc tax) for Poly, garden, 5 nights.

I think the tickets that would best suit us are the 6 day Park Hopper. We only go to the main theme parks and water parks so I don't think we need the UPH's. The cost, 2 adults & 1 child $776.00. (prices from WDW site) (We will go to the parks upon arrival, but not on depature day.)

Total, $2786.40.

Does that sound right?

Should I preorder the Park Hoppers from the WDW web site? Or is it better to buy them when checking in?

Now, room requests. I think in AKL we'll want a sav. room that is close to the pool. I would also like to be close to the bus stop & lobby. Is this possible? We have a small child who loves to swim so I know we'll be back & forth to the pool quite a bit.

Where should I request a room for the Poly? Again, I'd like to be close to the main pool, lobby, and TTC.

Thanks for your help! I've only done packages, but I think I can save a couple hundred dollars by breaking it down.

I don't know about the room locations, but I believe you could save even more on the hopper tickets through a reputable broker (Check the info. on Mousesavers). Also, I believe if you pre-purchase your tickets prior to arrival at the DS there is a discount as compared with purchasing at the resort, but again I'm not certain of this.

Kimberle, The WDW site is not showing you the price with tax....

We leave on Saturday :Pinkbounc and I called a few days ago and prepurchased tickets that will be left at will call at any of the parks - it takes only a few minutes to pick them up. You give them the confirmation number and off you go. :wave2:

I purchased the tickets from Disney because I thought it might be easier to trace them back if they got lost. Also, picking them up at will call saves the shipping fee.:D

what did you wind up paying thru Disney with tax? did you get the advance discount?

I am also staying at different resorts in March and have booked room only reservations. I would really like the UPH, but get the feeling I am out of luck unless I book a package. The price from DU for that was over $4400 (4 nites BC, 4 nites AKL, 2 adults, 2 kids both age 12) and my total for the rooms only is $2221.22. That makes the UPH's the same price as PAP.
Is there anyway to get UPH for an eight night stay at two resorts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter