• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning a December Trip

todds34

Mouseketeer
Hi all.

I have a question I hope you will be able to help me with. I am thinking about surprising my daughter with a trip to DLP in December, leaving on 21st and returning on 24th. As this is just before Christmas I was thinking it will be very very busy. Would anyone know from experience how busy the parks are at this time. Thanks in advance.

We've done just before Christmas for the last few years (with the exception of 2010) and have found it fine. Compared to our recent trip at the end of August, it was actually quite quiet last December! We usually try to get back by the 23rd, but the year we came back on Christmas Eve we were at family for Christmas Day so I made sure all presents were wrapped before we went. Made such a difference not being up 'til the early hours wrapping and prepping dinner!

Jeanette :)

We are planning on going from the 20th to the 26th December!
We have been told it will be very busy, but isn't nearly always busy?!
We aren't too fussed - we have 7 days to enjoy it and we will reserve restaurants each night and plan our days well.
Just wrap up with lots of layers - oh and additionally, I am going to buy the kids (there are 4 of them to keep an eye on!) some reflective armbands as it will be dark early.

Have fun! :D

Has anyone been mid-December?

We're probably going on the 10-14th and wondered how busy it's likely to be.

Has anyone been mid-December?

We're probably going on the 10-14th and wondered how busy it's likely to be.

if its midweek, thats fine and quiet, even though its December. Its a good week or so before the schools start going off on holiday.

French schools don't finish until the 22nd this year and the 24th is always in family which explains why they really start arriving after that :goodvibes

if its midweek, thats fine and quiet, even though its December. Its a good week or so before the schools start going off on holiday.

Thanks, just booked! :cool1:

It'll be the first time with our daughter and the first time in ages we've done 4 nights. It was only £35 more than 3 nights so it seemed rude not to! It also means we can take lots of naps in the daytime with the kids and go at a slow pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter