Planning a DCL DFTW

DisDiana

Mouseketeer
The cruise is booked and the wedding package has been added. Now it's time to start planning the wedding!

I understand that there are some perks that Disney Brides receive when planning a wedding aboard the cruise. What about my guests? We're anticipating about 20 cabins and 40 cruisers. Where do I start?

Thanks in advance!!

If you haven't already, look through the cruise line weddings thread there are a lot of helpful current and past cruise brides around.

How exciting! I booked our DCL wedding cruise an still can't get over the initial 'it's happening!' feeling. There is a great thread on this forum that is for DCL brides - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2916225

It has great information about all four of the ships and several brides that post have their planning journals linked in their signature(me included). I was a bit worried over how we would go about planning it. I went to Lisa from pixieandpirate destinations travel agency. She is also a DCL bride (With a planning journal on here). She's been extremely helpful. She gave us a wedding website that I included on the invitation which gave booking information, and also records all the reservations(which you will need for the planning guide DFTW will send you).

I waited for the one year mark and also got a block of hotel rooms near Orlando International Airport, and we plan to charter a bus the next day to take everyone from the hotel to the port.

There is also a certain amount of guests each venue can hold. If you want a wedding in the Outlook, your guestlist needs to be around 30. Anything more and you will be in the D Lounge on the Dream and Fantasy. I'm not quite sure on the Magic or Wonder. I also believe that a DCL bride gets the concierge service on the cruise.

Hope this was helpful!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter