Planking?

Actually, since this trend started in Oz, wouldn't these people be mocking their own ancestors? The "slaves" who were brought over to populate Australia were mainly criminals who would've, generally, been hung otherwise. In which case, it may be tasteless, but you're allowed to make fun of your own people. It's in the supersekrit geneaological fanatics bylaws. ;)

Actually, though, honestly, I think this is similar to picnic.

Actually, it IS okay to use the word "retard" in a non-mocking manner. Who would take offense to that? Have you ever looked up the actual, non-mocking meaning on the word retard?

And nobody is spray painting themselves brown and taking pictures of themselves planked on boats like African slaves. THAT would be offensive. What you are saying is offensive is like comparing apples to oranges.

Okay I probably shouldn't laugh at the second paragraph as I am black also, but it made me :lmao: And FTR I understand the reference, but I also think it is a streeeeeetch to compare planking to what was done to slaves. It is all over my Facebook and I have mostly black friends who obviously are not offended by it either. IMHO, its dumb but funny (in a dumb way) and in no way offensive.:)

I haven't read through all the responses to this thread to see if someone already mentioned it but OWLING is the new thing now. I thought planking was kind of funny but the whole Owling thing is just stupid to me. It's just where ppl crouch down and stare like an owl. They find something they can climb up on and perch like an owl would like on a trash can or on a fence post.

If you want to read about it here is a small article showing some pictures of Owling. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-New-crouching-craze-springs-internet.html

Planking has been around all summer. It's already old. :bored: The newest craze now is coning. My DD's friend asked if we could go "coning" last night. I said no. It's where you order an ice cream cone at a fast food drive-thru and then you grab the cone upside down and bite it from the bottom, all the while acting like it's completely normal. It's just starting to catch on here in the U.S. Here's a video (I think it was made in Australia).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WygNjMSllLQ

Another silly craze that you heard about here first on The Dis!

PS -- Jillian Michael's has had a form of "planking" in her 30 Day Shred dvd that has been out for a few years.

Planking has been around all summer. It's already old. :bored: The newest craze now is coning. My DD's friend asked if we could go "coning" last night. I said no. It's where you order an ice cream cone at a fast food drive-thru and then you grab the cone upside down and bite it from the bottom, all the while acting like it's completely normal. It's just starting to catch on here in the U.S. Here's a video (I think it was made in Australia).

PS -- Jillian Michael's has had a form of "planking" in her 30 Day Shred dvd that has been out for a few years.

I am not thinking that the whole coning thing will catch on because ONE it costs you money to cone and TWO it is messy. You grab the cone and now you have ice cream all over your hands and you have to drive off making a dripping mess in your car. People are just looking for dumb things to do trying to see if they will catch on. :3dglasses

I am not thinking that the whole coning thing will catch on because ONE it costs you money to cone and TWO it is messy. You grab the cone and now you have ice cream all over your hands and you have to drive off making a dripping mess in your car. People are just looking for dumb things to do trying to see if they will catch on. :3dglasses

Teens here are doing it and posting it on facebook.

Ok so curiosity got the best of me. I looked at the pictures, don't really get the fad. In my profession I have seen to many dead people in that position.

Ok so curiosity got the best of me. I looked at the pictures, don't really get the fad. In my profession I have seen to many dead people in that position.

Sadly, some have died from planking too. :( It looks harmless and silly, but some people chose very dangerous spots for dramatic effect. This causes people to try to out do each other. I read of a guy that fell to his death planking on a rail that was over a street, IIRC. Sad.

I'm admittedly immature, and was :rotfl: about the planking. I don't know where I've been! It's hilarious! :lmao:

And the coning? I love that too! :laughing:

I'm totally planking around Disney, next trip. :banana:

Well, thanks for posting this thread. I had recently heard about planking, and didn't know what it was. Now I know. And I feel old.

I'm finding it funny the number of people that don't find the humor in planking. Really? You didn't think any of those pictures were the slightest bit funny?

I think it's hilarious. Tonight was the first night I've heard of it (how come my Facebook friends don't plank??)

I wanna go planking now!

The thing is... you can photograph yourself in the position and pretty much plank yourself in any location using photoshop so makes me wonder how many of those pics were genuine.... but still funny as anything, lol.

I'm finding it funny the number of people that don't find the humor in planking. Really? You didn't think any of those pictures were the slightest bit funny?

I think it's hilarious. Tonight was the first night I've heard of it (how come my Facebook friends don't plank??)

I wanna go planking now!

The thing is... you can photograph yourself in the position and pretty much plank yourself in any location using photoshop so makes me wonder how many of those pics were genuine.... but still funny as anything, lol.

I'm gonna plank at Sephora. :thumbsup2

And none of my friends plank, either! Bums!

Hmm. Not planking. Nor owling. (No one wants to see my legs in that position!) But I AM going to think of SOMETHING to do at Disney this year. I just bought my photopass!

I'm gonna plank at Sephora. :thumbsup2

And none of my friends plank, either! Bums!

OMG! Sephora!!!!!!!!!!!! Why didn't I think of that? That is too funny! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

PICTURES!!!!!!!

I asked my sons today if they've ever heard of planking and they have. Gosh, where have I been??

Bridge_planker_pranked.gif

:scared1: Oh my goodness! My 18 yo was talking about coning and I thought he was pulling my leg! It's for real?! He hasn't done it, he and my 14 yo were joking about it the other day when we went for ice cream. It actually sounds kind of funny, and harmless since you pay for the cone anyhow :) but still, dumb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter