"Planking" (sounds like an article The Onion made up)

I just don't understand how this became popular. Like, did one guy say to his buddy "It would be so cool if we lay down on something with our body straight?

I'm living in Australia right now and this is a real thing! It was all over the news the other day when that guy died. It's VERY strange if you ask me, and I really didn't understand why someone would do this! but to be fair a lot of the things they do here are strange! (well at least to someone whose not an Aussie) :rolleyes1

Another aussie here and another young person died today planking on the roof of a car and when it braked suddenly......................well you can guess the rest.

I don't understand the whole thing and I'm a born and bred aussie:confused3

Another Aussie here. I had never heard of this until the guy died the other day falling off the balcony. And I've just finished reading about the guy quasa4legs mentioned above along with another in who is in hospital in a critical condition. I don't understand it.

Another aussie here and another young person died today planking on the roof of a car and when it braked suddenly......................well you can guess the rest.

Another one? How sad!

It won't be long before this reaches the US I'm afraid. Aren't we the idiots that came up with the choking game?

I just don't understand how this became popular. Like, did one guy say to his buddy "It would be so cool if we lay down on something with our body straight?

Oops! I should have read the whole thread. It was linked...

OMG, on a moving car? Wow.

This has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen? What is the point? :confused3

Now that it has been publicized, it is only a matter of time before it starts up in the US. Another thing to warn the kids about.

Planking is nothing. Extreme ironing is where it is at.

Me Too!

So far today there's been "Trash the Dress"
Now planking !

:thumbsup2

Planking is nothing. Extreme ironing is where it is at.

I don't know; I think my "extreme making the bed" would make a GREAT YouTube Video. Oooh, even better: how about buttering my toast...and LICKING THE KNIFE??? That would be even more "extreme"! ;)

:thumbsup2

I don't know; I think my "extreme making the bed" would make a GREAT YouTube Video. Oooh, even better: how about buttering my toast...and LICKING THE KNIFE??? That would be even more "extreme"! ;)

Now youve gone too far. Don't you get the maid to make the beds

I need to hire someone to put the toothpaste on my toothbrush ala prince Charles

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter