Planet Hollywood

sdteacher

Mouseketeer
I was contemplating making a reservation here for our Jan. trip. We don't have one anywhere near where we live and I thought my kids might enjoy it. Is it worth wasting a TS credit on? How was your experience there?

i don't think it is work a ts credit for. if your kids really want to try it, lunch would be better. but it seems like there are many better restaurants in disney. i am not a fan of hard rock or planet hollywood food.

good luck with your dining choices! it is hard to pick. also, check out many of the restaurant review websites for disney. you can get multiple opinions there.

have a great trip!:thumbsup2

however, i do think that if you are staying on propery that you recieve a gift certificate for it so if you are paying out of pocket it may be a cheap lunch or cheaper dinner option. but having eaten there before not a great choice for a TS credit. but a fine idea for drinks and apps or deserts with the gift cert

I agree. Food was good, but we went to check out the cool things inside. Using the gift certificate for lunch sounds like something we might do on our DTD day.
We didnt have a ADR and got right in for dinner in June.

It is an interesting experience and the food is okay but not sure I would waste a TS credit there. However, if you want to give it a try why not?

Food is okay. Depends on how old the kids are? If youngums there are probably better places.

I went there last April and we loved it. I want to go again. Has it even been added to the dining plan yet though? Last I knew it wasn't on there yet for 2009.

We went last year and the whole family thought the food was great! (Of course we are not picky eaters) The appetizers and desserts were WONDERFUL! We did use a Ts credit for it and would probably do so again...

Our kids were 16, 8, 5 at the time and everyone of us loved looking at all the movie memorbilia... The boat "Jenny" from Forrest Gump that was out front was a hit for my kids (they all love that movie) The only downside.... we had all decided that each person could pick 2 places to eat... this was 1 of the choices for the 16 yr old. (He had eated dinner w/Cinderella and all the other princesses... and even had his pic taken w/each) so when it came time to eat here... we ended up sitting right beside the "Chucky Doll" from Childs Play.... totally freaked her out! :scared1: We do, however, have the best pcicture of her posing w/Chucky!

I think it is worth trying!

Among the remaining Planet Hollywoods, the Downtown Disney one is unique -- and Orlando is the headquarters of Planet Hollywood corporate office, so the one here should be the best!
Scott
ScottJosephOrlando

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter