• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planet Hollywood Advice.

Shelly

<font color=green>Doesn't know that anyone can be
Hello everyone.
We have been to DW a billion times and have never been to Planet Hollywood.
Wondering a couple things. Do you think it is necessary to make ADR's? Is it a mad house? Do you like the place?
Is the lunch and dinner menu exactly the same?
We really have no idea. Thanks for the help.

Planet Hollywood is our first night must do. IDK why, I tried to steer away from there this year, but my husband didnt want to change our tradition.

Anyways, yes I do suggest making reservations, it can be pretty crazy, especially on the weekends. We really do like the place, the food always satisfies, the atmosphere, while it is loud, it is neat, and the service is usually pretty good. IDK about the menu differences, I dont think there are many but I do know they have a different menu for lunch and dinner. Have you looked on allears.net?

We've eaten there a bunch of times, usually we use the voucher for a discount and save of DDP credits. We often eat here on our first night into Orlando. It can be a mad house, its very big and kind of loud.

I recommend making ADRs :thumbsup2

I just walked up and got in with no problem. I really only went because of the $15 food voucher I had last dec. good burger but otherwise some of the menu prices were a tad overpriced, esp alcohol drinks.

We still go for tradition, but it has gone downhill over the years. Not so much the food, but the atmosphere. It's supposed to be a movie themed restaurant, and while there is still plenty of memorabilia, it's become more like a pop/dance cafe with the music videos they show.

DH and used the voucher in January and shared and appetizer and dessert. It was enough to keep us full and satisfied. From what I saw on others plates and what we ate it was really no different than an Applebee's or TGIFridays. Atmosphere was neat, I wouldn't a ts on it or likely spend too much out of pocket. Just my opinion of course.

From my experience, I've never had a problem without an adr. It has always been just walk right in, but if you feel uncomfortable, then you should make one. I mean what do you have to lose right? I've been to the one in Downtown about three times and I've been to the one here in NYC a bunch of times. The food is very good imo. I'm not sure about the one in Downtown, but the NYC one recently made their lunch menu smaller than the dinner menu. It is a chain, so I'm not sure if their menus would change to each restaurant. Warning: It can be very loud. There is always music playing pretty loudly and it depends on how many people are there. More people usually means more noise. It can be pricey but all in all, you should try it at least once. It's a really cool atmosphere and pretty good food if you ask me. It's all movie themed, with props/outfits from bunches of famous movies everywhere. Like others have said, you usually get a discount voucher with your vacation package.

I would avoid PH. Very loud and the food is mediocre at best. There are many other good options in the area at which to spend my food $$.

Yikes, it is loud! Could not carry on a conversation. The food was okay; not memorable enough for a return visit for us.

I've gotten in easily for lunch a couple times. I have always had a reservation for dinner, and was glad I did - the lines get a lot longer for dinner.

Also, be aware that as part of the Disney Springs project, Planet Hollywood is going to get a "makeover" that will make it a somewhat more "upscale" location. Translation - prices will be higher. The new name is planned to be something like "The Observatory at Planet Hollywood."

The plan is to keep the place open as much as possible during the transition, but it's hard to imagine that the atmosphere isn't going to suffer when areas of the place are curtained off - or worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter