Plan B Picks - Help!

onejellyshelly

Mouseketeer
I am trying to come up with my plan b picks, just in case I do not get what I want on June 28th. The main one I am concerned about is LeCellier. I went through WDW Info and found a few resturants that I do not hear alot of people talking about. Have you tried or heard about:

Olivia's
Big River Grill
House of Blues
Whispering Canyon ( I have heard a few reviews)

We are are the Free Dining, and some of our musts are Kona, GFC, and Nine Dragons. Any other suggestions are great.

How about Boma for dinner and Tusker House for the character breakfast?

You should be able to get Boma. We ate at Olivia's last year, it was decent. My dd just suggested it for this year, lol. I haven't eaten at Big River, but my friends want to return this year. Whispering Canyon is for atmosphere, not food. Not bad, just not wonderful.

Olivia's -- fine if you're staying at OKW, but not worth going out of the way for, IMO, and it's nothing special or exciting

Big River Grill -- we've never eaten here, there are always too many better places to choose from in the Epcot vicinity

House of Blues -- we really like this one, but they have never accepted the DDP when we've been, unless that's changed

Whispering Canyon -- this one is popular for dinner although ADRs don't go as fast as 'Ohana or Chef Mickey's, still, it does fill up, lunch is easier to get

As for suggestions... do you want anything that might be entertaining for children, or unique (Sci-Fi, Teppan Edo, Biergarten)? A character meal (Akershus, Crystal Palace)? Hoop De Doo is fun but costs 2 credits.

Or are you looking for higher food quality rather than a cool atmosphere? (Jiko is great, but again, 2 credits)

Here are our first choices:

CRT (B)
Kona(B and D)
Nine Dragons (L)
GFC (D)
Le Cellier (D) I know it is a long shot
Sc Fi (L)
Boma (B)

I think an good back up for Le Cellier would be Captain's Grille. You can either walk or take the boat from EPCOT. The food is good and it is a nice change of pace from the park.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We like Olivia's. It has good food and a laid back atmosphere.

WCC is great. The food is down-home and the entertainment from the waiters/waitresses is hilarious!

My favorites are:

-Le Cellier
-Sci-fi
-Whispering Canyon
-Chef Mickeys
-Crystal Palace

New places we're trying in August:

-Biergarten
-Coral Reef
-Teppan Edo
-San Angel

New pace I wanted to try but couldn't get:

-Ohana's

Happy Planning!!:wizard:

If you can't get LeCellier for dinner, try for lunch (we've done both and they are both excellent). We've done House of Blues (but not at Disney) in the past and have enjoyed it. We've never done Olivia's or Big River Grill (BRG gets a lot of mixed reviews). Personally, we won't be going back to WCC--the skillet was awful and the service was as bad if not worse.

I think an good back up for Le Cellier would be Captain's Grille. You can either walk or take the boat from EPCOT. The food is good and it is a nice change of pace from the park.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks for the info, what would you recommend at the captains grille?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter