Places to visit - Bath

Lizzy Lemon

DIS Veteran
We will be caravanning near Bath in the Easter hols. Got tickets for Longleat, know about the Roman Baths. Can anyone suggest anything else. We have 2 boys aged 9 and 12. Thanks. :wave:

There is a weird and wonderful museum, which has lots of tiny sculptures (was featured on Blue Peter a while ago) such as a polar bear carved out of a grain of rice. I can't for the life of me remember the name of it though - not much good, am I :rotfl:

If you don't mind travelling to Bristol there's @Bristol which is good for kids.

The American Museum is also good, although how interesting the kids would find it I'm not sure.

There is also a good open-top bus tour but if the weather's not good, that wouldn't be a great idea.

Westonbirt Arboretum is great and it used to be a good day out at Bowood.

Some great ideas mentioned already :)

Just wondering around Bath itself is a nice attraction - there is some great shopping and dining. There is also the Bath Aqua Theatre of Glass - not too much to see, but if you have children they can paint a glass sculpture. The only other things I can think of off the top of my head are the Jane Austen Centre (if you're interested in that kind of thing) and the Abbey House gardens (not in Bath itself, but nearby at Malmesbury). If you like art there are a couple of galleries I can recommend too.

Stonehenge and Farleigh Hungerford Castle aren't too far either.

Have fun - I hope the weather is nice. :wizard:

I love cheddar gorge and caves (not just because of all the free cheese!!) although if you do go, climing to the top of the lookout tower is knackering!

Thanks you guys, really appreciate the info. DH very impressed. He thought I was spending all this time on the computer looking up Disney things! I can still surprise him sometimes! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter