• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Places to elope near disneyland?

Skip3key

Mouseketeer
My partner of 22 years and I absolutely love DisneyWorld, and are actually new DVC owners and have never been to Disneyland. With the recent Supreme Court ruling, we have decided we cannot wait to be legally married, but want to have a ceremony at DisneyWorld where, of course gay marriage is not legal (also not legal in our home state of Texas). Our solution is to fly out to Disneyland, have a ceremony off property, but stay on property and see Disneyland for the weekend, then plan the formal ceremony to occur in Florida when the family can attend early next year. My question is, does anyone know where the 2 of us can have a nice, intimate elopement ceremony near the park in California?

My partner of 22 years and I absolutely love DisneyWorld, and are actually new DVC owners and have never been to Disneyland. With the recent Supreme Court ruling, we have decided we cannot wait to be legally married, but want to have a ceremony at DisneyWorld where, of course gay marriage is not legal (also not legal in our home state of Texas). Our solution is to fly out to Disneyland, have a ceremony off property, but stay on property and see Disneyland for the weekend, then plan the formal ceremony to occur in Florida when the family can attend early next year. My question is, does anyone know where the 2 of us can have a nice, intimate elopement ceremony near the park in California?

I have no idea (I'm from NY!) but I just want to say congrats on the ruling and I hope it's legal for you to marry in your home state soon!

Hi!

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for y'all! (Fellow Texan here!)

I did a wee bit of googling, and I think you might want to check out the Ontario Wedding Chapel - it isn't THAT far from Anaheim, and it looks like they offer small, reasonable ceremonies. I also found a great thread on the Wedding Bee about eloping in CA. (Don't know if I can link, but I will try... http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/eloping-in-fl-or-ca-where#axzz2XoLPFx3s ) They had some great recommendations, and it may be easier for you to find an officiant you really "click" with and then worry about finding the space. Southern California has so many gorgeous spots to choose from.

Best of luck to you both!

congrats! now, i know this isnt quite what your asking, but they will do commitment ceremonies at wdw/dftw/disney. so you could do all the foofaw at DW or DL and fill in the appropriate officiant or paperwork support? and then im planning for you al to drive thru palm springs and do something there AND IM TOTALLY OUT OF ORDER AND GETTING AHEAD OF MYSELF BECAUSE STATES AND COURT RULINGS AND REREADING YOUR LETTER WHICH CLEARLY STATES WHAT YOU ARE ALREADY DOING AND GAH!!!!!!!!

:confused3

sorry. im zero help but i have palm springs on my mind lately.

ok. congrats!!! and glad you are planning something family-ish at the DFTW mecca. whatever you do, i think it is fun to consider maybe getting some professional photos in DL as it is (i think still) allowed there and would be super fun and a neat keepsake!) and dont forget to get all your west coast happy ever after/celebrating buttons!!

You could have a civil ceremony by the clerk of courts of Orange County. There are several locations. Just google " getting married in Orange County."

Congrats and let's move forward on marriage equality for all!

Why not have a friend get ordained and do it on the beach? How awesome would that be?

There are many chapels that do weddings here in CA, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter