places to eat with two children

mouseuk1

Earning My Ears
hello there was wondering where are the best places to eat with children aged 11 and 9 . we are in a villla but dont want to cook. and if possiable must be reasonable priced.

many thanks

lee

:grouphug:

Hi, out of Disney there are plenty of reasonable places. Try Ponderosa, where you can chose a steak or fish dish plus a buffet. The kids always like this as they can chose exactly what they want. You can eat here for less than $40!
You could also try Bob Evans, Shoneys, Outback, or for a drive in type, you could try A&W (the best root beer in the US), Arby's or Checkers.
There are plenty to choose from.
Have a great trip!!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hi,

I would agree Ponderosa is good for kids. Our 9 year old is a bit fussy so she can try various things and it doesn't matter if she doesn't like it - she just returns to the buffet. Our 12 year old likes steaks so it's good for him to.

Our favourite restaurant is Margharitaville (or something like that) at Universal City Walk. We often go here for lunch and take a seat outside under the fans which we enjoy more than sitting inside in the air-conditioning. DD has a plate of plain spaghetti whilst DS tucks into something more luxurious. It doesn't work out too expensive and they sell great milk-shakes. Even better if you are a member of the AA as you get 10% discount.

There's a fab "Steak "n" Shake on SR535 just up from the crossroads junction outside of the gates to WDW lovely and clean great service and fantastic food, lots of locals go there it's great value for money and they ask you how you want your food cooked. CICI's pizza at vista centre shops on palm parkway is another good option also used by the locals. There's also a good pizza hut on palm parkway near the juntion have a look at www.orlandolakebuenavista.com for the list of what's there (it's just outside WDW and up the road SR535 turn right on to palm parkway and it's the next turn on the right)
If you go down SR535 you'll find some fast food outlets too as well as a walgreens/eckards . :thumbsup2 Lots more options if you use mapquest and type in your zipcode for the villa it will find other restaurants shops ect closer to you... :thumbsup2 good luck

My DDs really like:

Denny's
Chili's
Perkins
Red Lobster (bit more expensive than the above 3)
There are loads more but those spring to mind.

Most family restaurants have children's menus and often colouring sheets / activity sheets to keep them entertained :thumbsup2

Orlando caters superbly for families :)

Hi,

Is UK AA membership really acknowledged in the states for discounts to restraunts and such, or is that a misprint and should have been the American AAA?

The Fozzies :Pinkbounc

i agree with all of these but the golden corral is the best :thumbsup2
tracy

Fozzie said:
Hi,

Is UK AA membership really acknowledged in the states for discounts to restraunts and such, or is that a misprint and should have been the American AAA?

The Fozzies :Pinkbounc

Hi Fozzies,

Yes it is :) Well, I have always been able to use mine anyway.

We also stay in a villa we some times go some where like Red lobster or Rainforest cafe or we just get take away. :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

I would def say Golden Corral, the children will love the choice for desserts and there are healthy options.

For breakfast - Perkins or Ponderosa
For lunch / dinner - Friendlies (On I-Drive) or Sweet Tomatoes for veggie grub.

My children love Jungle Jims on 535. It is a cute restaurant with a theme. Just burgers and such but real cute and kids seem to like it.

Just agreeing with Sweet Tomatoes as a healthy option.
Huge salad bar, usually 6 soup choices, pastas, baked potatoes with toppings and muffins.
All-you-can-eat buffet style. :thumbsup2

BTW, many of these places suggested have discount coupons that are found in the promotional books at the hotels. :)

isla bonita said:
My children love Jungle Jims on 535. It is a cute restaurant with a theme. Just burgers and such but real cute and kids seem to like it.

Seconded....we went back to Jungle Jims this trip, and after the first visit, the kids were each given their choice on where they wanted to go, and they both chose to go back there. The food was mostly excellent, except for the 3rd visit when Mrs T's "Dippin Chicken" was clearly re-heated and dry/tasteless.
Thei burgers and chicken burgers are outstanding though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter