Places to eat in the Stay and Scream area?

FrankDIS72

Be excellent to each other!
I plan to use Stay and Scream during Halloween Horror Nights. While waiting, I plan to do something constructive like eat. Where do I find food in the Stay and Scream area at Halloween Horror Nights?

Last year I made a reservation for 4:30 at Finnigans. That is is one of holding areas and it worked out very well. I used open table.

It's my understanding that Finnegan's is doing first come, first served this year during the holding area times. Many have had their reservations cancelled, and the times were blocked when I tried to make one.

I just checked...Finnegan's reservations on Halloween end at 3:00 pm and then start again at 6:00 pm.

I plan to use Stay and Scream during Halloween Horror Nights. While waiting, I plan to do something constructive like eat. Where do I find food in the Stay and Scream area at Halloween Horror Nights?
The food court in Springfield is open during S & S and frankly after spending time there last weekend, I will never do the Finnegan's holding area again. Why? You only have one option (Freddy vs. Jason) and you can't walk around too far because the park is still closed. Plus you are released closer to 6PM than Springfield...which lets you out at 5:30PM. You have two houses open at 5:30PM (TWD and The Purge) and Insidious opens at 5:45PM. Plus there are plenty of places to sit w/o having to sit on the ground. I've done the Finnegan's holding area for years but after last weekend...never again.

I agree with the Springfield recommendation. Eat in the Simpsons food court, taco truck, or snack on a donut, then release to the houses. Walking Dead, then Purge, then Insidious. After we got through those three houses, they were still releasing people from Diagon Alley. Hit up Run and/or Bill and Ted, and you're well on your way to seeing everything in great time. I personally prefer the food at Finnegan's, but this plan gets you so much further ahead. Especially if you have express passes to visit the big houses in the soundstages.

I agree with the Springfield recommendation. Eat in the Simpsons food court, taco truck, or snack on a donut, then release to the houses. Walking Dead, then Purge, then Insidious. After we got through those three houses, they were still releasing people from Diagon Alley. Hit up Run and/or Bill and Ted, and you're well on your way to seeing everything in great time. I personally prefer the food at Finnegan's, but this plan gets you so much further ahead. Especially if you have express passes to visit the big houses in the soundstages.
The main problem with Finnegan's is they are no longer taking reservations during HHN hours...that's the only place to eat in that area. Unless you get to the restaurant by 4PM, you aren't getting in. Every event night you can see people in line outside of the restaurant waiting to get in and guess what? It doesn't happen. They need to rethink that holding area for future years. Of course I still remember when we had the Bone Yard where the Music Plaza is now w/o anywhere to sit and nothing to eat or drink. ;)

The smart plan sounds like do Stay and Scream in Springfield, do the three houses, then check out the soundstage houses. Of course, it will all depend on how fast the crowds come into the park.

We did Diagon Alley and ate at Leaky Cauldron. Our priority was staying in the park rather than beating the crowds to the houses (we had a tour scheduled), so we didn't pay attention to release times. Diagon Alley appeared to be releasing to the same houses as Simpsons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter