places for dinner. sit down only

AlexRenner

Earning My Ears
Greetings to all!
This is my first time posting to a forum, but I am a real Disney enthusiast.

So I am going to Disneyland with 3 of my friends this summer from June 20th to June 24th (the 23rd being my birthday) and I just want to know where are some good/GREAT places to eat dinner at in the resort (Hotels, DTD, DCA and DL). I have eaten at Blue Bayou, Steakhouse 55, ESPN zone and Storytellers café so I know how those places are. But what else is there that I have missed on?
Are there any places that serve a nice dinner while watching WOC or Fantasmic? But it has to have excellent viewing.

Hope to hear a lot of input!

Welcome!
Napa Rose in GCH
Wine Country Trattoria DCA
Ariel's Grotto DCA
Carthay Circle (opening June 15) DCA
Cafe Orleans DL

Are there any places that serve a nice dinner while watching WOC or Fantasmic? But it has to have excellent viewing.

No place to eat dinner while the show is going on, but you can have dinner at a few places in DCA in order to get into the preferred dining area for WOC viewing.
For Fantasmic, there is a dessert package you can purchase that comes with seating.

Napa Rose is supposed to have the finest cuisine in the parks from what I've been told. I believe you can do a prix fixe there as well.

Wine Country Trattoria is the only restaurant offering WOC viewin (after dinner not during) we have eaten there and the food was quite good.

Just as an FYI, there is another WOC restaurant but after June 13th Ariel's Grotto will no longer be doing a WOC dinner.

Carthay Circle will be offering WOC viewing I believe but I'm not sure if it will be right away of if they even have reservations for the 23rd at this point, but it's always worth a call ;)

I will look into wine country and jazz kitchen. But does anyone know anything about carthay circle restaurant? That is really peaking my interest.

I will look into wine country and jazz kitchen. But does anyone know anything about carthay circle restaurant? That is really peaking my interest.

Here is a link to the Disney Parks blog with a recent update on the Carthay Circle restaurant.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...staurant-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

I second PP's Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen recommendation. We really enjoy that place.

Also, have you looked at allears.net? They have a pretty up-to-date list of Disneyland Resort menus.
http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm

I love the pizza's (many many many choices) at Naples Ristorante

I'm not a big fan of Ralph Brennan's. However, I would go to their quick counter service place to grab a bag of beignets at the end of the day of your birthday (or end of every day). Their incredible and a whole lot better than those offered in the park.

I'd also suggest Catal Restaurant in DTD. It's always a great lunch for the wife and I.

Have a June 19th reservation for dinner at Carthay Circle Restaurant and was told WOC is available. Requires the purchase of appetizer and entree or entree and dessert. Appetizer and dessert will not qualify for WOC. Lunch also qualifies for WOC. Neither lunch or dinner menus were available yesterday.

A little off topic, but I really liked the ESPN zone. When I went there 2 years ago, I wanted to have their mac n'cheese that I had when I was there 4 years ago. However it wasn't on the menu. But the waiter and chef knew what I was talking about and were super nice and made a batch for me.
Just thought I would share that. :)

I've looked at the menus for some of the fancier restaurants and honestly most of the stuff doesn't sound good to me -- weird stuff like rabbit meatloaf for an appetizer -- really?? Some of the things I have never even heard of.
I had dinner at the House of Blues and really ejoyed it -- good American/Cajun food. And the Gospel Brunch is wonderful.

Ralph Brennan's is one of our favorite places to eat in DTD. We also enjoy dining at the RFC. Cafe Orleans is good, Napa Rose is reported to be amazing, there is the new Trader Sam's bar, there are menus on allears, go review them and see what sounds good. :)

Welcome!
It's not excellent viewing but my understanding is that you can pay a cover and view WoC from the upstairs bar in Ariel's Grotto.

No rest. recommendations from me, I just wanted to tell you to have a great time celebrating your birthday in the parks. My birthday is June 23 too. I have been there once for my birthday make sure you stop by City Hall and get a birthday button.

We went to the Jazz Kitchen last month when no music was playing. Which was fine with us.

The chocolate bread pudding was amazing!

We also enjoy Cafe Orleans, and the Carnation Cafe (currently being refurbed/expanded.) The Earl of Sandwich will be open in DTD this summer too, tho I haven't heard the exact date. (or does that count as sit down only?)

It's not excellent viewing but my understanding is that you can pay a cover and view WoC from the upstairs bar in Ariel's Grotto.

this is a really weird thing and, based on what I've heard about it, not something I'd suggest.

The upstairs bar doesn't have a menu or anything really to eat and closes prior to the shows. They have small appetizers or something like that, but the feeling I got from it was that you won't be there to eat, just sitting and waiting. You have to be in there prior to it closing and can't really come and go unless some of your groups stays back and holds your seat.

If you want to watch WOC, just do one of the dining packages they have

If you end up wanting to visit Jazz Kitchen make your reservations on Thursday night. They have dueling piano players every Thursday night (at least that's what they said). I beleive they start at 9pm. Ask you sit in the piano room so you have a good seat!

We had great meals at Napa Rose (in May and December, every family member was impressed with the experience, but it is an experience, leave plenty of time to enjoy it) last year.

We also had a really good dinner in the restaurant inside PPH. They have a Make-Your-Own-Pizza for the kids where they put on their ingredients and then watch their creation get loaded in the pizza oven. My kids loved this, and the pizza was really good (don't know why Napa Rose doesn't do this!). The rest of us had a variety of meals and they were all really good. The service was wonderful, very friendly and attentive. We'd only been for Surf's Up Mickey before that, but are glad to know about it for a dinner option.

Wow, thanks everyone. I might just have to try it all. Lol.
Going to post another thread shortly. Hope to hear from y'all there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter