Placeholder questions...

tlovesdis

Disneyland Obsessed!!!
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions and I know you guys know! LOL

1. Can I buy 2 placeholders and then use each one for two different cruises?
2. Can both me and my cruise mate buy placeholders? 1 each or 2 each?

Thanks!!

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions and I know you guys know! LOL

1. Can I buy 2 placeholders and then use each one for two different cruises?
2. Can both me and my cruise mate buy placeholders? 1 each or 2 each?

Thanks!!
1. No.
2. Yes, if you have different addresses, I think you should be allowed 2 each.

You may buy 2 placeholders but DCL expects you to use them on the same future cruise. As in you have a large family and need 2 staterooms, or you are inviting friends who will use the other stateroom, etc.

Each address represented on the cruise may buy 2 placeholders. So if you and your cruise mate live at separate home addresses, yes you may each buy 2. Again, your 2 must be used on the same cruise, and her 2 must be used on the same cruise it can be a different cruise from yours.

You may buy up to 2 placeholders for each cruise, but need to use them on the same future cruise.

You may however stack up as many placeholders as you wish, as long as you don't buy more than 2 at any given cruise. When you do so, you should use the oldest one first so that they don't expire.

I bought two placeholders on an August cruise last year. Used one for a cruise on the Treasure next month and one for a cruise on the Fantasy to Europe next summer. Had no issues even though they were different cruises and I booked them on separate phone calls months apart.

I bought two placeholders on an August cruise last year. Used one for a cruise on the Treasure next month and one for a cruise on the Fantasy to Europe next summer. Had no issues even though they were different cruises and I booked them on separate phone calls months apart.
I'm glad it worked for you, even though it's technically against their terms and conditions: “The offer is valid for up to 2 staterooms on one sail date per household on board regardless of the number of adults in the household.”
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contracts-terms-safety/onboard-booking-offer-terms-conditions/

You may buy 2 placeholders but DCL expects you to use them on the same future cruise. As in you have a large family and need 2 staterooms, or you are inviting friends who will use the other stateroom, etc.

Each address represented on the cruise may buy 2 placeholders. So if you and your cruise mate live at separate home addresses, yes you may each buy 2. Again, your 2 must be used on the same cruise, and her 2 must be used on the same cruise it can be a different cruise from yours.
So how does this work. My fiancé and I were planning to buy 2 placeholders to use on two separate future cruises.
We do have different addresses at the moment because we move states & I just haven't got around to switching my information over.

Last time we used the app to book our placeholder. If we want two, do we need to go to guest services? Or can we still use the app for this?

So how does this work. My fiancé and I were planning to buy 2 placeholders to use on two separate future cruises.
We do have different addresses at the moment because we move states & I just haven't got around to switching my information over.

Last time we used the app to book our placeholder. If we want two, do we need to go to guest services? Or can we still use the app for this?
Do you actually LIVE at 2 different addresses and receive your mail at different addresses? It sounds more like you simply have delayed changing the address on your ID, which is not the same thing.

Do you actually LIVE at 2 different addresses and receive your mail at different addresses? It sounds more like you simply have delayed changing the address on your ID, which is not the same thing.
I plan to keep my previous address for now on all documents & mailing purposes. I won't be updating it for awhile, definitely sometime after we return from our cruise. We still own our previous address.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! We are just BFF's and live at different addresses so we will each buy one!

Each of you can get one or two placeholders in the app. I don’t remember if there was a field where you indicate that you want to or if you just go and get another one after the first.

The placeholder will be tied to the person whose app was used. So the other person with a different address just needs to use their app.

You use the app while onboard to purchase a DCL Onboard-Only Offer. You are paying $250 to be applied to your deposit (which is lower on 7-nights + sailings).

You will get a Reservation number. You will call DCL to make a booking for an actual cruise. Or have it done by your travel agent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter