• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Placeholder question

An adult who is cruising needs to be the lead of each room.

So if say you have four people in your room.
ABCD

and AB Adults

Then
Room 1 A
Room 2 B

An adult who is cruising needs to be the lead of each room.

So if say you have four people in your room.
ABCD

and AB Adults

Then
Room 1 A
Room 2 B
not true. on our b2b in 2013 i booked a room for dh and myself as well as one for my eldest. then on the second sailing booked one room for my youngest. neither dh or myself were listed on either of my childrens rooms and to take that a step further, on the second sailing we were not listed anywhere, just the one room for child.
sorry, but the response is wrong. shmoo is correct.

Last edited:

not true. on our b2b in 2013 i booked a room for dh and myself as well as one for my eldest. then on the second sailing booked one room for my youngest. neither dh or myself were listed on either of my childrens rooms and to take that a step further, on the second sailing we were not listed anywhere, just the one room for child.
sorry, but the response is wrong. shmoo is correct.
Exactly the situation we are in. Super! Thanks for your assistance!

It's 2 rooms per household (address). It's my understanding you don't have to be on both rooms.

I am a bit confused by the address/household thing. I just booked a placeholder cruise on board for my DH and I in one stateroom, and booked a second stateroom for my parents who have never cruised before. They do not live at the same address as us, in fact they live all the way across the country (we're Canadian). They didn't ask us if we lived together when we booked - is this okay, or are they going to have to use our mailing address for everything to qualify?

Also, I wasn't able to provide any of my parents info like their birthdays at the time I booked but they told me that I can just call and add this info later. How will this work for accessing the bookings? Will I still be able to call and access the reservation myself even though it's for my parents stateroom, or does my dad have to call?

Since they've never cruised before, my parents don't have a DCL account. The agent just sent the reservation copy to my email address, but on my DCL account online I can only see the first reservation# for the first cabin for my hubby and I, not the second cabin. I assume I will I need to call DCL to get them to set my parents up with their own account? I'm hoping I can do this all myself as I am hoping to maybe keep this plan as a surprise...

Last question...right now I can't actually access even my own reservation. I can see it in my castaway club account under "my cruises" but when I click on it it gives me an error. The onboard agent said I would have to call to "activate" it. Does anyone know if I can do this before I am actually ready to book or do I have to call and actually book over the phone? I'd prefer to book myself online if possible.

Thanks in advance for your help - as you can see I'm a little confused!

Aby

I have a cruise coming up! My aunt booked all our rooms! We don't have the same last name or address (my aunt lives in another state!). So my mother and aunt will be in one room (down the hall) and my bestie and I (ages 27) will be in another room. She booked everything under her name and account! If your considering a different room for children (like you and your hubby have a room and your kids have their own room) my advice is that you book a connecting room and have one room your husband will be in with a child and then you in another another officially on document and then the kids can sleep in one and then you and your husband in another. As for you being in either room. I'm not sure 'you' can book a room without you in it. And I'm not 100% what you mean or are asking. You can certainly book rooms like a travel agent I believe. Or do you mean you are buying the cruise for someone and paying and reserving for them to go on your card? I'm sure Disney will kindly take your cashola on others behalf, I would just call for that and I'm sure they'd reserve everything how you'd like. DCL is extremely accommodating for anything and everything! Except for alcohol! Ha ha, too soon? I know some people may believe non-adults can be in a room by themselves, and I'm not saying that it is wrong, but I'm thinking that is unusual. My little cousin (was 17 at the time) wanted to do a Disney cruise with her friend for Senior week. Both 17, and they were unable to book the cruise because they needed at least one 18 year old in the room. This was this past May, so I don't know if people's experiences have been different because the policy was changed recently, or if it would make a difference to have parents on board at least. Not 100% sure but something to look into! I'd call DCL! Their phone service is pretty great and I've called for random questions before, call took like 5 minutes!

OK hijacking - does anyone know if when you book 2 rooms you can pay seperately for those two rooms or does it all go on one card?

I am a bit confused by the address/household thing. I just booked a placeholder cruise on board for my DH and I in one stateroom, and booked a second stateroom for my parents who have never cruised before. They do not live at the same address as us, in fact they live all the way across the country (we're Canadian). They didn't ask us if we lived together when we booked - is this okay, or are they going to have to use our mailing address for everything to qualify?

Also, I wasn't able to provide any of my parents info like their birthdays at the time I booked but they told me that I can just call and add this info later. How will this work for accessing the bookings? Will I still be able to call and access the reservation myself even though it's for my parents stateroom, or does my dad have to call?

Since they've never cruised before, my parents don't have a DCL account. The agent just sent the reservation copy to my email address, but on my DCL account online I can only see the first reservation# for the first cabin for my hubby and I, not the second cabin. I assume I will I need to call DCL to get them to set my parents up with their own account? I'm hoping I can do this all myself as I am hoping to maybe keep this plan as a surprise...

Last question...right now I can't actually access even my own reservation. I can see it in my castaway club account under "my cruises" but when I click on it it gives me an error. The onboard agent said I would have to call to "activate" it. Does anyone know if I can do this before I am actually ready to book or do I have to call and actually book over the phone? I'd prefer to book myself online if possible.

Thanks in advance for your help - as you can see I'm a little confused!

Aby
the address thing refers to obb only, not what is booked. so, in your case, you and your dh can book two rooms between the two of you because you live at the same address and are sharing a cabin. you could not book 4 cabins, 2 for each of you. now if you were to sail with yourself and your mom, who has a different home address, then you could each book two cabins. who you put in those cabins has nothing to do with the address part. the address had to do with the initial bookings. hope that is clear.

i would think that when you book the two reservations should have been linked but you may want to call your t.a. or dcl to confirm that and give them your parents information.

Thank you for explaining the address thing to me - that makes more sense! I will likely just call DCL and see how best to handle the reservations. I'm much better handling the online side of things so if I can have access to both reaervations that would be best. They've always been so friendly on the phone so I'm sure we can get their account set up quickly.

Aby

Are you sure it's 2 rooms per address? So my mom and I are in one room in less than a month. We both live in our own houses so does that mean I could book two rooms and she could book two more? Do all 4 rooms have to be for the same cruise, or can we do two different cruises between the both of us?

Are you sure it's 2 rooms per address? So my mom and I are in one room in less than a month. We both live in our own houses so does that mean I could book two rooms and she could book two more? Do all 4 rooms have to be for the same cruise, or can we do two different cruises between the both of us?
Yes, each of you can book 2 rooms. Each set of two rooms (yours OR your mom's) must be on the same cruise, but all 4 rooms don't need to be on the same cruise.

Yes, each of you can book 2 rooms. Each set of two rooms (yours OR your mom's) must be on the same cruise, but all 4 rooms don't need to be on the same cruise.
Thanks, never tried to book that many staterooms.

What is the current placeholder onboard offer? I am a platinum cruiser on disney but living in orlando we always do last minute or florida resident rates-- however those seems to be few and far between these days so I am looking at doing a placehold onboard our october cruise but wanted to know what the offer/process is. thanks!

What is the current placeholder onboard offer? I am a platinum cruiser on disney but living in orlando we always do last minute or florida resident rates-- however those seems to be few and far between these days so I am looking at doing a placehold onboard our october cruise but wanted to know what the offer/process is. thanks!
10% of prevailing rates. $100 OBC for less than 7 nights, $200 OBC for 7 nights & longer. 10% deposit on cruises of 7 nights and longer. There are black out dates.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...icy-extended-24-months-plus-2016-block-dates/

For a placeholder (not a specific date) booking, deposit is $200 per room.

10% of prevailing rates. $100 OBC for less than 7 nights, $200 OBC for 7 nights & longer. 10% deposit on cruises of 7 nights and longer. There are black out dates.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...icy-extended-24-months-plus-2016-block-dates/

For a placeholder (not a specific date) booking, deposit is $200 per room.

so it doesnt lock in the current price if you dont book a date right? So when you finally select a date - you get 10% off whatever the rate is at that time right?

so it doesnt lock in the current price if you dont book a date right? So when you finally select a date - you get 10% off whatever the rate is at that time right?
I believe this is correct.

also- sorry so many questions. i just realized that dreams unlimited offers a pretty great onboard credit.. so if you put them down as your travel agent on the onboard booking quote are you eligible for both OBC?
Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter