Place to Watch Super Bowl?

jhalle

Earning My Ears
We will be at the world during the super bowl. We are staying at the WL and was wondering if there is a good spot to watch the game. I know the TV's are flat screen, are they hi def as well? My team is still in it (for the time being at least). Does the MVP still do the parade the week following the game?

Are you wanting to stay at the WL to watch the game, or would you go somewhere else on Disney property? I would imagine the ESPN club at the BW would be a great place to watch it.

We were at WDW a few years ago for one of the play-off games and the ESPN Club was packed with a line waiting far outside the door (I think there was a live sportscast there that day though) so I would recommend getting there as early as humanly possibly to get a place to sit. We actually ended up watching the game from the 'Buffalo Wild Wings' in the strip mall area just across from downtown Disney. I don't remember the name of the strip mall but I'm pretty sure it's the same one with the grocery store and the Chevy's restaurant.

as the others have said, unless you want to waste an entire day, the espn club is not an option. the game is at 6:00 and you would need to be there to claim a spot @ 12:00ish. not worth it. Especially since, like at disney parades, the late comers will just come and crowd you later.

I would DVR it at home and enjoy empty parks since most of the world would be glued to a TV.

If you have to watch the game. Do it in your room.

No question the game will be DVR'ed. I guess it will be a play by ear type of thing. I would rather have a quiet evening with the family in the room than fight the crowds. Does the WL have a nice lounge?

We have been in WDW for Super Bowl weekend and have stayed at BWV too, and like others have said, unless you plan to waste an entire day holding a table inside the ESPN club your chances of getting inside for game time are slim to none. People start to line up outside the doors as early as 7am :confused3 I know we talked to a family who took turns holding the table inside and one family member sat inside at the table while the others swam and then changed every hour until game time when everyone showed up. I guess it just depends on how much the Super Bowl means to you. My husband and I are not huge footballs fans, we watch the games but if there is something else going on then we do it, we are more hockey fans. Anyway, they have bars set up on the BW and also TV's and tents too, so you can sit and watch the game with the crowd and not be inside for the live sports chats and still have a good time. We hung on the BW talking to other people for awhile and then just went back to the room and finished watchingt he game.

We were not itching to spend the entire day waiting for the big game, we had more fun at the parks since afterall that is what we went there for to begin with!

Have a great time!

To answer your question, yes the WL has a lounge. I was there at game day a few years ago and there was a large crowd in the lounge (including me and my dad) watching the game. The TV was a large size, but unsure if it is HD. People were coming and going so there was no one "camped" out for seats at noon. Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone. Great info. I would not camp out to get a seat anywhere. Vacations are too valuable.

I'd have a nice lunch somewhere and then watch the game back in my room. You can order room service or nosh on food court offerings during the game. And you will be able to see and hear the commercials without any distractions. And the halftime show. And you don't have to deal with other people that are NOT interested in football but just the event.

Even when we go to small Super Bowl parties, I'm the one telling everyone to shut up and moving away from the people who are engaged in conversation about child rearing or how their dog's latest surgery went. It's the Super Bowl - it's football!

Now I find it! I just left another thread looking for you on restaurants. Anyway... FYI.... Don Shula will be at Shula's in the Dolphin Hotel on Thursday, Jan 24th from 6 to 7 signing autographs etc. I don't know how long you are staying but thought I'd pass it along! Judging by the menu, it's probably not geared toward plasma tv's and hot wings type of viewing but since you must be a football fan I thought I'd pass it along! :cheer2:

I'm looking forward to MK being light with crowds Sunday night cause of the Super Bowl! That's MK's late night! WOOO-HOOOO!! I'll just DVR it at home. I mainly like the ads. LOL Well, that's unless the Giants are in it. LOL I've read somewhere that the bar in Wide World Of Sports is also a good spot. I don't think it gets as busy as ESPN, but I'm not sure.

Happy Posting!!

Go Giants!

:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter