place to watch football aside from ESPN?

How about just picking up some adult beverages and snacks, ordering in a pizza, and watching in your room? DS and I are avid NASCAR fans and that's how we watched the Atlanta night race while staying at OKW in September. Special bonuses: nice big screen tv, lying down to watch was an option, and no annoying Dale Jr. fans to deal with! :thumbsup2

I would just watch it in the hotel room... But does he really want to start his vacation off on a bad note- I would hate for him to be upset when the Packers win :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I don't really care about football so I'd rather go out somewhere than stay in the room....but, depending on what time he actually arrives at the resort, he might prefer to stay in the room if the game's already started so he won't have to miss anything getting to a restaurant :laughing: And in that case I imagine my family would probably hang out and have a few drinks, and we can all just ditch him long enough to eat the dinner we have planned at Boatwright's ;) I suppose it will all depend on the time and what sort of mood he's in after traveling all day!
Thank you so much to everyone for all the suggestions! :goodvibes

Likeadream, I spent a really long time trying to think of a good comeback :idea:.... buuuuut, like I said, I don't really care about football and I just got nothin! But boy oh boy I'm sure DH would have some words for you :laughing:

There is a Buffalo Wild Wings not far from DTD. Similar atmosphere to ESPN but probably less crazy.

If you are near ESPN, it might be worth peaking your head in to see if you can get a spot. We watched football there in the fall and it was a really fun atmosphere.

POR will have it on as others have said, we watched some college football at their lounge. We also watched a lot of sports from the Poly lounge. It's bigger than the lounge at POR also.

I just watched a couple NCAA bball games at the Tambu Lounge. It was great bc there were 2 large TVs very close to the seating (sometimes I find the TVs at Disney to be too small or too high up for those of us nearsighted folks to see...)

I would definitely go here again to watch sports. Since most of the people at this lounge are waiting to eat at Ohana and aren't sitting long, they don't care what is on the TVs, and the bartenders will tune each TV to whatever channel you ask, provided, someone else hasn't already requested a different channel.

There is a Buffalo Wild Wings not far from DTD. Similar atmosphere to ESPN but probably less crazy.

If you are near ESPN, it might be worth peaking your head in to see if you can get a spot. We watched football there in the fall and it was a really fun atmosphere.

POR will have it on as others have said, we watched some college football at their lounge. We also watched a lot of sports from the Poly lounge. It's bigger than the lounge at POR also.

Buffalo Wild Wings would be a great place to watch! They have tons of big screens TV showing various games.

I would have to also recommend one of my daughter's cheerleading friends grandfather's chain Beef O' Brady's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter