Place to Stay in Scottsdale AZ

roliepolieoliefan

DIS Veteran
My husband is being sent to Scottsdale for business in August. I know can you say hot?

What is a nice place to stay? I'm thinking of going with him if I can get time off of work. Doesn't have to be budget just under $200.00 a night.

I was looking at the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch and the Millenium. Any feedback? Any places that you guys know might have a swim up pool bar ?

Any other suggestions?

Thx!

The Hyatt at Gainey has a great pool with really cool ambience. I believe the Scottsdale Princess and the Westin up by Desert Ridge may have fun pool areas....but don't know about the swim up bar?

The Millenium if I am thinking of the right place is very blah and for conventions....

I think in August you will get Summer pricing and be able to stay at a really nice hotel for a great price.

The Desert Ridge/Kierland Commons area offers a lot of fantastic shopping and equally fantastic restaurants...try to find places that are close ot either of those....Its North Scottsdale....hope that helps !

oh...ps...the heat isn't that bad as long as you have a/c in car and a POOL !!!! :)

The only place I've stayed in Scottsdale was the RitzCarlton. Nice, yes. Budget, no. But maybe you can find a deal?

We're Tucsonans, but DH and I stayed up in Scottsdale around Xmas for a few days as a nice break from the kids. :goodvibes

We stayed at Doubletree Paradise Valley Resort. http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US...t-Scottsdale-Arizona/index.do?ctyhocn=PHXSJDT We weren't real picky, so I started watching biddingfortravel.com and saw that many people were getting this resort (4 star iirc) for really cheap. So I bid $50 (total, including taxes) a night and got it. It was worth WAY more than that. The rooms were gorgeous and huge! It was Dec. so we didn't go swimming, but the pool looked very nice. They had a reasonably priced spa on site too. If you're a shopper, it's like 1 mile from Scottsdale Fashion Square, a very nice mall. Lots of great restaurants nearby too.

August is off-season for the Phoenix-metro area, so the rates are generally pretty good.

Scottsdale is actually quite large, covering a distance of over 20 miles from North to South. Knowing where your DH is going to be will likely help you plan which location would be best.

The Hyatt Regency Gainey Ranch is more 'central' & east and is a wonderful hotel (I got married there years ago). There are other newer hotels as well.

JW Marriott's Camelback Inn is in the heart of Paradise Valley up against the mountain (Mummy Mountain). It is and has always been one of the top Marriott resorts in the US. To the North, they've added the JW Marroitt at Desert Ridge. That is North of the 101, and is near the Desert Ridge marketplace (outdoors, so will be hot to 'mill around').

Sanctuary is a boutique hotel up against Camelback Mountain (on opposite side of street in Paradise Valley near Camelback Inn.

Down the Street is the Intercontinental's Monteleucia.

A great resource is the Scottsdale Convention & Visitor Bureau - http://www.scottsdalecvb.com/hotels/resorts/index.cfm?sfilter=ALL&efilter=ALL&startrow=26

There are 70+ hotels in Scottsdale and most would be a good option. Knowing, though, where your DH will need to be will be helpful since you're looking at a very large area and if you're at one end of Scottsdale (say Desert Ridge) and he's down by Old Town he'll have about a 40 minute drive (we do not have an easy highway to get through Scottsdale and we have photo radar!).

Hope this is helpful! You'll love it here in August. The weather is hot but nice in the early AM and evenings. We have CVS, Walgreens, Target and Walmart so just make a list of a few things (sunscreen!) and get it here.

If you have any other questions, let us Arizonan's know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter