• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

place to stay after cruise

luv that cruise

<font color=royalblue>Someone give me instructions
my sister and I are looking for a relaxing place on the beach so that kids (10,14,15 & 17) can hang out and we can visit. Don't want to rent a car so hoping for something with a shuttle from the cruise terminal and back to orlando for flight on sunday. Anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking something with fantastic beach access and a pool for late evening swims. thanks to anyone who can help.

I'm not aware of ANY hotels in the Cape Canaveral area that have a shuttle to/from MCO, although any hotel can arrange transportation for you for a fee. Your best bet for 6 people would probably be a towncar service. The Radisson has a free shuttle to/from the terminal. The Residence Inn is newer and nicer. We stayed at the Best Western suites which is right on the Cocoa Beach pier, across the street from Publix. Free internet (I have a teen), free breakfast. All suites have a kitchen. We had 2 double beds in the bedroom and a pull out couch in the living room. Great for beach access--less than 1/2 block away. Sorry, we had a rental car so I don't know if they have a shuttle. There is a paid shuttle that will go to most/all of the Cocoa Beach hotels for like $3 per person.

i don't mind paying for shuttle to airport. what i am really looking for is easy (as in step out the door) beach access. i hear a lot of people talking of "ron jon's" but don't know anything about it. my sister's husband just died of cancer and i am wanting to pamper her & kids. price not an option. not able to get her a flight home saturday after the cruise so decided to stay a day and trying to make that day as special as possible.

We stay at the Royal Mansions which are privately owned condos but that are available for rent. They are close to the port and right on the beach. They don't offer shuttle service but maybe there's a cab available? They have 1 and 2 BR units so you could all fit comfortably.

ron jon is wonderful!!!! wonderful outdoor pools with waterslide and lazy river. Also right on the beach. Room was clean. They also have a game room, movies, and indoor play area for kids. The have a website. room was around 100 a night. We are staying in feb this year and went last may. Hope this helps.

I will look into this. do you have contact info (do i rent from owners or do they have management company?) thanks

We're trying Ron Jon's for three nights post mid-Feb. cruise. The reviews on Trip Advisor are all over the place, some people love it, some hate it. One of the basic issues I think is that it really is more like renting a condo -- it's not a hotel, no maid service, room service -- but we like that kind of thing. You can get info online but their online reservation service gave us a not available message, but when I called they had the suite we wanted, and gave me a AAA rate, which seemed good. I have read that some people are snared into a time-share pitch, which sounds brutal. I will post about our experience when we get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter