Place to buy "groceries" at BC

huskergreg

Earning My Ears
We have always rented a car on our trips to WDW and went to a grocery store to buy some staples like bread, soda pop, fruit, cereal, etc. at the beginning of our trip. We've usually stayed at CBR. This year we are planning to try Magical Express so we won't have a car.

Is there anywhere at YC/BC you can buy things like this?

Thanks
Greg

There is also a grocery store on the boardwalk, with a bit of a better selection.

Thanks erikthewise.

I had noticed that but when my wife saw a price of $2.29 for a bagel, she thought I was crazy. But two to three times "real world" prices is about par for the course at WDW.

Thanks!
Greg

When we stayed there last September, we rented a car for one day so we could make a trip to the grocery store, and do some other errands. BC, BW, and other on property locations will certainly sell you what you need, but it's SO expensive. We actually saved money, even with the car rental, by making that quick trip to the grocery store for diapers, milk, etc.

huskergreg said:
Thanks erikthewise.

I had noticed that but when my wife saw a price of $2.29 for a bagel, she thought I was crazy. But two to three times "real world" prices is about par for the course at WDW.

Thanks!
Greg
Ugh! And I hate to think what a bagel at WDW tastes like!?!? ;)

That $2.29 bagel is a bakery style one though. The big ones not the kind you can buy in a grocery store.

I find the prices high but not as high as I would have thought actually. For a few items like bread, juice, eggs, a frozen pizza or whatever, I would save the time and buy there.

Now if you're buying diapers for a week, cartons of water or pop, beer, etc., it does save to go offsite.

Where would the closest grocery store be to CBR? What is the name? Can you have groceries delivered to your room??

Irelandred11 said:
Where would the closest grocery store be to CBR? What is the name? Can you have groceries delivered to your room??

Check out the allears (formerly wdwig dot com) site. They have a long list of all the WDW and Kissimmee and Orlando supermarkets. There is an expensive one (Albertson's??) about a quarter mile from Downtown Disney in the Crossroads Center, and a Winn-Dixie (much cheaper) about one-half mile north of the Crossroads. There are at least two services which will deliver groceries but I can't recall the names of either of them.

I am considering flying in the night before the family arrives (and I'll stay at a cheapy Rt-192 hotel) to take care of the logistics including groceries, cooler, getting us checked into the resort room the next morning, etc. If I do this I'll either stock up at SuperTarget or SuperWalmart.

Portie

PortieOwner said:
Check out the allears (formerly wdwig dot com) site. They have a long list of all the WDW and Kissimmee and Orlando supermarkets. There is an expensive one (Albertson's??) about a quarter mile from Downtown Disney in the Crossroads Center, and a Winn-Dixie (much cheaper) about one-half mile north of the Crossroads. There are at least two services which will deliver groceries but I can't recall the names of either of them.

I am considering flying in the night before the family arrives (and I'll stay at a cheapy Rt-192 hotel) to take care of the logistics including groceries, cooler, getting us checked into the resort room the next morning, etc. If I do this I'll either stock up at SuperTarget or SuperWalmart.

Portie
The one at the Crossroads isn't Albertson's...it's Goodings, and for the record, it may be a bit more expensive, but it's a really nice store with many gourmet selections that you can't find at Winn-Dixie.

BCV23- Disney bagels and frozen pizza!?!?!? What are you trying to do, give a New Yorker a heart attack?!?!?

Laugh O. Grams said:
BCV23- Disney bagels and frozen pizza!?!?!? What are you trying to do, give a New Yorker a heart attack?!?!?

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I didn't say that I would ever buy a frozen pizza there ;) but it is good for people to know the type of things offered.

Of course, now that I've said that watch us need to do that next trip! Actually, I really, really hope not!

As for the bagels, they actually looked good but haven't tried those either.

The Screen Door General Store located on the Boardwalk has a good selection of groceries. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter