Place Holder for New Bookings

lorimay

Strolling along...
I don't know if this has been posted before or not, I haven't seen it anywhere.
When we were on our cruise last month, we went to book a new cruise and told the man that we were waiting for the 2017 cruises to be released so we just needed a dummy.
He said "Oh you want a place holder". He told us we only needed to put a $200 deposit down and we would be emailed a confirmation number that we can then switch over when we choose the new cruise date.
It it was easy breezy and took less than 5 minutes.
We were on The Hawaiian cruise and they had 2 desks working so I hardly ever saw I line, it was great. Love this new system.

**We have 24 months to cruise on that place holder.***

I don't know if this has been posted before or not, I haven't seen it anywhere.
When we were on our cruise last month, we went to book a new cruise and told the man that we were waiting for the 2017 cruises to be released so we just needed a dummy.
He said "Oh you want a place holder". He told us we only needed to put a $200 deposit down and we would be emailed a confirmation number that we can then switch over when we choose the new cruise date.
It it was easy breezy and took less than 5 minutes.
We were on The Hawaiian cruise and they had 2 desks working so I hardly ever saw I line, it was great. Love this new system.

**We have 24 months to cruise on that place holder.***
Yeah, that was part of the "new" policy last April
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...-to-transfer-to-new-process-on-april-17-2015/

Thank you for posting. Even if it might not been "new" information, I have not cruised in a year and wanted to know this same thing. What makes it even better is I was going to cash out my Disney Visa rewards for the down payment and now thanks to you posting this- I now know I am safe to not take it since $200 is so cheap. :) Yay!!

Thank you for posting. Even if it might not been "new" information, I have not cruised in a year and wanted to know this same thing. What makes it even better is I was going to cash out my Disney Visa rewards for the down payment and now thanks to you posting this- I now know I am safe to not take it since $200 is so cheap. :) Yay!!

You're welcome. I had no idea either when we were there booking.
Agreed $200 bucks and you're good to go. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter