• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

pjs for the park at night and mad rush to the buses after Wishes

sixkristy6

DIS Veteran
I was considering bringing DD4's pjs to MK with us on the night we are there late for Wishes. Is this something other parents seem to do? I was thinking of it just to make it easier getting into bed.

The reason I was thinking of this is because I keep hearing about how jam packed the bus stops are after Wishes. How long can we expect to wait for a bus after wishes on a Mon. or Wed. in mid-Oct.?

I was considering bringing DD4's pjs to MK with us on the night we are there late for Wishes. Is this something other parents seem to do? I was thinking of it just to make it easier getting into bed.

The reason I was thinking of this is because I keep hearing about how jam packed the bus stops are after Wishes. How long can we expect to wait for a bus after wishes on a Mon. or Wed. in mid-Oct.?

My kids are wearing comfortable shorts and tee's already. Might bring sweatshirt if forecast for cold but on two October trips weather was warm.

Buses can be crowded but there are plenty. I have never waited more than a half hour, usually less. We'll also be down in October again see you there. :)

I never took my kids past infant age out in public in pj's but I'm sure there are others that do. I don't think I ever saw a kid that old though but then again I don't pay that much attention to what people wear. I just changed mine when we got back to the room and we always stayed for the night activities every night even from the time they were babies.

We did that with DD last year when she was about a month shy of 3. She wears the Carter's PJs that are a shirt and shorts or pants, so they look sort of like clothes anyway. We stayed off site and knew she'd fall asleep on the way back to the condo.

We did on our last trip (DS was almost 3). We knew he would fall asleep on the bus so we brought pj's, tooth brush, etc and pretty much got him ready for bed before we left the park. That way when he fell asleep on the bus we could just carry him back to the room and put in right in bed still asleep.

Agree with a previous poster, kids are in tshirts and shorts, so unless I was giving them a shower what difference does putting them in clean pj's really accomplish.

After our first trip where the kids were out for the count by the time we got back to the room and never used the Pj's I packed, I stopped packing them for all of us and saved the room in the luggage for other stuff.

We either are so exhausted that we just crash into bed and get showers and change in the morning or we get showers before bed and just wear whatever we planned on wearing the next day to bed which also lets us sleep in just a little bit longer before heading to rope drop!

I never took my kids past infant age out in public in pj's but I'm sure there are others that do. I don't think I ever saw a kid that old though but then again I don't pay that much attention to what people wear. I just changed mine when we got back to the room and we always stayed for the night activities every night even from the time they were babies.

Oh let me clarify. I don't mean wear the pjs for the evening, I mean change her into them before getting on the bus. Now that I think about it, we won't have much time if we are trying to get out of there so we can just throw them on her in the room. She'll never wake up anyway.

I am sure we'll skip teeth brushing though!

Agree with a previous poster, kids are in tshirts and shorts, so unless I was giving them a shower what difference does putting them in clean pj's really accomplish.

After our first trip where the kids were out for the count by the time we got back to the room and never used the Pj's I packed, I stopped packing them for all of us and saved the room in the luggage for other stuff.

We either are so exhausted that we just crash into bed and get showers and change in the morning or we get showers before bed and just wear whatever we planned on wearing the next day to bed which also lets us sleep in just a little bit longer before heading to rope drop!

I think we'll have her shower before going for dinner or before a nap in the afternoon for the next AM on nights she will not be in bed at a reasonable time for her. I didn't plan on packing too many pjs for that reason, but hers are so tiny anyway that it will not take up too much space.

shinysparklybubbles said:
We did on our last trip (DS was almost 3). We knew he would fall asleep on the bus so we brought pj's, tooth brush, etc and pretty much got him ready for bed before we left the park. That way when he fell asleep on the bus we could just carry him back to the room and put in right in bed still asleep.

Going to MVMCP in November with DH, DD5 and DS3 in November and I think this is a fabulous idea. Since we'll be there until midnight, I'll pack plenty of extra baby wipes to give the kids a good wipe down before they pass out!

I think there was like 1 night my son got a bath at night. All the other days were a quick one in the morning or after swimming before nap time.

It's amazing how much faster bath time goes in the morning when everyone wants to get out that door ASAP!

I wouldn't bother. If she falls asleep, if you feel like she MUST be in pajamas, change her in the room and try not to wake her. Otherwise, just let her sleep in her clothes. :confused3

Why carry more stuff around then necessary?

My kiddos usually slept in t-shirts at WDW.
If they crashed on the way to the room, we would pull their comfy shorts off and leave them sleeping.
If there was time for a bath at night, then I put the t-shirt on that they were wearing the next day.

ETA: Once for MNSSHP, I dressed my DS2 in a buzz lightyear pj pal from the disney store that looked similar to a costume and he just wore that to bed. I knew he wouldn't make it though the night.

DS5 routinely sleeps in his clothes for the next day. Comfortable shorts and t-shirt in warm weather and softer cotton pants and long sleeves in winter. Clothes that do not wrinkle much are my criteria when I buy new clothes! That's what we did for late nights at WDW though I did bring the cute mickey pj's I found on sale.

That being said. there is nothing wrong with a four year old that has his PJ's on in the parks. If that works for you....it's just fine! DS is not a morning kid and has gone to breakfast, grocery store, etc many times in his PJ's. Just not a big deal to us! Less that a year ago he even went to a later evening service at church with his PJ's on so he was put straight to bed when we got home. Had MANY parents tell us what a great idea it was and quite a few started doing the same thing!!!

We normally go during low crowd weeks and the lines for buses/monorail are still really long when leaving MK. CR has been our favorite lately so we walk back but last time we stayed at the Poly we meandered around inside MK rather than standing in line. The lines thin after around 30 mins so maybe this is a solution for you guys.

As far as the Pj's, I say why not. :thumbsup2

You might consider taking a cab back to your resort. It would really cut down your travel time so that you can get back and get them into PJs and bed faster.

sixkristy6 said:
Oh let me clarify. I don't mean wear the pjs for the evening, I mean change her into them before getting on the bus. Now that I think about it, we won't have much time if we are trying to get out of there so we can just throw them on her in the room. She'll never wake up anyway.

I am sure we'll skip teeth brushing though!

Skip it! Change them in the room. Also instead of rushing wait in the park for a bit. It's not like they are kicking people out. Would you rather wait in a bus line or walk around MK for an extra 30 min and let it clear out a bit?

I've put my kids in pj's at WDW if we were going to be out very late. DD in particular as she always fell asleep on the bus ride home. They were usually Disney princess shorts/t-shirt type jamies or something along those lines. The last time we did this she was 5 1/2 and I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Every kid is different, but she is not one who can easily fall asleep again after taking a mini nap and I saw no reason for waking her up after midnight to change her. It was MUCH easier for us to have her already in her pj's. And while I have no objection to sleeping in clothes, they become pretty icky after a long, hot summer day of touring.

As far as waiting for buses, I've had waits anywhere from 15 minutes to well over an hour after closing. So, hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst. :goodvibes

I wouldn't do it. After a day at the parks, I always feel the need to bathe my kids no matter how late it is. My kids (2 & 4) are the Queens of touching every surface, sitting on the floor, and just general kid mess! :rotfl:

It's WDW! Who cares if your kids are wearing pjs?!? Kids are walking around in costumes.

And don't rush to the bus. Our favorite moments in the park are always meandering down walkways that are normally packed with people and feeling like we have the place to ourselves. Something about standing alone in front of Cinderella Castle with no other guests around me always takes my breath away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter