PJ & TR: Claire & Mike - WP/KWR/SCP - 30 Dec 09 - **Inside Disney Weddings Podcast**

I just wanted to say that your pictures look great! It looks like you guys had a really nice trip - isn't Disney at Christmas the best?

I would like to go again without the family so I can appreciate it better!

wow so many great posts in one day! I love your pictures and can't wait to read along on your honeymoon cruise!

Slow day at work on Sunday!

Well done on a 4 day update!

Brings back good memories of our first cruise experience, will have to try and get on another cruise sometime!

I feel for you with the stressful family stories!

Your turn now.

Fantastic update Claire you have got me VERY excited about going to WDW in December hehe!:goodvibes

You will LOVE the cruise, I really want to go on another one.

Great update!! Looks like you had a nice few days in WDW but even better to head off to the cruise with your new husband :lovestruc !

Thank you for all the pictures of the cabin & ship so far - I'm 'researching' everything to do with DCL now for my Disneymoon!

Btw did you mind sitting with other couples at meals? It's something I'm a little apprehensive about - our travel agent has already requested we get the smallest sized tables available... do you think that would be for 2, or 4? :confused3 Thank you!

Looking forward to more!

Emma princess: x

I would have preferred to sit just the two of us, but I guess its a part of cruising, I don't think they have any tables for two. It would have been better if everyone at the table was chatty then I think it could have been a lot of fun.

January 4th 2010

We woke up quite early , mainly because they keep making annoucements over the tannoy. We headed to breakfast after getting ready at Parrot Cay and then disembarked in Nassau. We had decided as it was own first cruise we would simpley walk around and therefore didn't book any trips. Unfortunately the cold weather had followed us from Florida and it wasn't very warm in the Bahamas although it was better than Orlando by a long stretch!

WDWWeddingHoneymoon462.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon464.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon465.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon458.jpg

We dodged all the people trying to sell us tours etc and headed down the main street looking in a few shops as we went. We had a look round the market which is a bit wierd as every stall sells pretty much the same stuff. I spotted a handbag I liked so a haggled with the lady. She asked for $26, I offered $16, she told me it cost her $18 and said $22, then I felt bad and agreed to $22. Problem is the the strap is now hanging off so it wasn't such a good buy after all!

WDWWeddingHoneymoon468.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon466.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon472.jpg

We checked the map and plotted a route taking us past all the local sights including the old fort and the Queens Stairs.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon469.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon470.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon473.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon478.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon479.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon476.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon481.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon482.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon480.jpg

Our route ended back near the ship and we decided to head back onboard to get some lunch and have a swim. On our way through the terminal we looked at the crafts and DH got me a lovely necklace.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon484.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon485.jpg

Back aboard the Wonder we had a look round the food options, Mike decided on pizza and I had a burger which we ate on deck. We went back to the cabin and got changed into swimwear and headed to the adults only pool which we enjoyed for a couple of hours.

At some point they announced over the tannoy that to try and get better weather on the Castway day they were switching the days round and so tomorrow would be our sea day. Although that was good if we were getting a sunny day it was annoying as i'd booked Palo brunch and my spa treatment for out sea day and they were now on the Castaway day. When we got back to our room though I found a letter from the Spa and a voicemail from Palo (or was it the other way round) saying they had switched my appointment so that it was till on the sea day!

We headed to that evening show which was Toy Story the musical and then onto dinner which tonight was formal night and at Triton's. On the way to the show I bumped into Cinderella.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon491.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon490.jpg

Sorry my poor note taking and oddly missing photos let me down here. I think this was my starter and pudding.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon570.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon488.jpg

After dinner we shopped and probably went to Wavebands. I must take better notes in future.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon564.jpg

Sounds like it got a little confusing coordinating with the parents, but I know it is never easy coordinating with a group. Glad to hear you had a nice time the last few days in the parks though.

It was fun seeing shots on the ship. I love the cute Donald and Daisy pin! That's nice you were seated with two other couples. I think its great they try to match you up with similar guests. All of the food pictures look really yummy!

I enjoyed seeing your Nassau pictures of some of the historical sites. Last time we were there in '03 we took the Atlantis tour, so missed most things in town. Glad to hear your reservations were switched, so you didn't have to worry about missing out on Palo or the spa or time on Castaway Cay :goodvibes

Wow you're on a roll now!

That's great that they thought to move your Spa and Palo ressies for you - fab service!

Love your trip report :) Can I ask about taking your wedding dress onto Virgin, did you take it as hand luggage both ways and was this in one of the trolley type suitcases or a big holdall? I dont trust mine to be OK below!! x x

Glad to hear you had a nice time the last few days in the parks though.

Last few days - I'm only half way through my TR - lots of park fun still to come!

Wow you're on a roll now!

That's great that they thought to move your Spa and Palo ressies for you - fab service!

I'd like to get the TR finished then I can start mt PTR!

Love your updates

Thanks.

Love your trip report :) Can I ask about taking your wedding dress onto Virgin, did you take it as hand luggage both ways and was this in one of the trolley type suitcases or a big holdall? I dont trust mine to be OK below!! x x

Yes I took it in a cabin sized trolley suitcase as my hand luggage.

I love your honeymoon updates! I love WDW at xmas, I want to go back this December! I am so excited you are posting pics of your cruise too! DH really wants to go on one, so seeing your "real" pictures helps me get more of an idea of what it is like!

After are swim we got changed and headed to the Art Auction as I had my eye on a piece and DH and I had already agreed to buy something as a memento of our honeymoon. This is the piece of art we liked:

WDWWeddingHoneymoon567.jpg

We agreed on a price we would bid up to and then waited for our piece to come up. The opening price was more than our limit though so we left the auction sadly without buying it.

I love your honeymoon updates! I love WDW at xmas, I want to go back this December! I am so excited you are posting pics of your cruise too! DH really wants to go on one, so seeing your "real" pictures helps me get more of an idea of what it is like!

The cruise was wonderful, I want to go on another one!

January 5th 2010

Today I was up early for my Spa treatment and DH just chilled out in the cabin. I had opted for the hot stones massage and it didn't disappoint, the only low point (apart from it ending) was the ridiculously expensive creams she tried to sell me at the end, it did give me first oppertunity to refer to Mike as my husband though. Back at the cabin we got ready for brunch at Palo, I had really been looking forward to this, and again it did not disappoint.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon495.jpg

We each had a mimosa to start and tried some items from the buffet. I tried the caviar but I can't say it tasted like anything special. We both decided on the veal as our main meal and it was out of this world, I wish i'd orered another! We ended with some puddings including a panacotta that was heavenly.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon493.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon492.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon496.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon497.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon498.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon499.jpg

We were sad to leave but we were coming back that night luckily. We spent some time walking round the ship, including playing shuffle board for a while, and went to the cinema to see Toy Story in 3D. We also went to another Art Auction as we decided we would be prepared to pay the starting bid and we realised none of the pieces were going above that starting bid. However during the auction we began to worry it would be too big to fit inside our suitcase so we chickened out of buying it again.

After getting changed we headed back to Palo and sat at the same table with the same server as at Brunch. The meal was again beautiful. I decided why have one pudding when you can have four.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon510.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon500.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon501.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon502.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon503.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon504.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon508.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon505.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon506.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon507.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon509.jpg

That night it was pirate night so after dinner we headed outside to watch the show and see the fireworks. (sorry no photos)

I don't know how I missed all the updates, but everything looks great! I can see how frustrating it would be to coordinate everyone's schedules. The cruise looks great, I'm a little nervous about going on a cruise and I definitely don't like the idea of eating with strangers...although it sounds like it wasn't that bad and the food looks so good! Can't wait to hear more.

Now I am obsessed with going on a Disney Cruise! I love the Donald painting, I am actually heart broken for you that you didn't get it. I have been trying to find Disney art like that online, but haven't had any luck!

Did you find the cruise was good for adults? The one thing I don't like about WDW is the crazy amount of children everywhere, so I was wondering if the cruise was worse, better, or the same?

I don't know how I missed all the updates, but everything looks great! I can see how frustrating it would be to coordinate everyone's schedules. The cruise looks great, I'm a little nervous about going on a cruise and I definitely don't like the idea of eating with strangers...although it sounds like it wasn't that bad and the food looks so good! Can't wait to hear more.

The meal is such a small part of the day its not too bad eating with other people and sometimes its nice to chat to people other than just DH.

lovely update! can't wait to try out Palo... all the food looks amazing! :cloud9:

Emma princess: xx

Palo is to die for.

Now I am obsessed with going on a Disney Cruise! I love the Donald painting, I am actually heart broken for you that you didn't get it. I have been trying to find Disney art like that online, but haven't had any luck!

Did you find the cruise was good for adults? The one thing I don't like about WDW is the crazy amount of children everywhere, so I was wondering if the cruise was worse, better, or the same?

A lot of the kids go to kids clubs so you hardly see them.

Loving your updates! Looks like you had such a great honeymoon!

I made DH go through your cruise TR, and now he is convinced that we need to go on a disney cruise! All thanks to you Claire :goodvibes

January 6th 2010

Today was our day at Castaway Cay, we'd ordered breakfast in bed, just because we could, I had hoped we would be able to eat it on our balcony but sadly it was too cold even though the sun was shining.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon515.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon516.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon518.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon519.jpg

We headed off the ship and hoped the day would warm up. I purchased a few things in the shop and had them sent back to the ship apart from some postcards which I kept to write and got a few character photos.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon521.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon522.jpg

We headed over to the adults only beach hoping to do a bit of sunbathing, I lasted 15 minutes.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon524.jpg

I did have a quick paddle in the sea though before we left.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon526.jpg

We checked out some of the other shops and wrote our postcards, then took them along to the post office.

By now it was lunchtime so we got some food, and this little chap joined us for lunch.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon531.jpg

Just after we finished we heard them announcing it was time for the Crab racing. So we walked over to watch. They did round 1 and then moved onto round 2, they started calling out the names of the people who had entered earlier that morning, but one person/family was not there, so they asked if anyone wanted to crab race, I throw my hand up in the air, and got picked, mainly because I happened to be stood behind the board of the crab that had no owner. The CM came over and asked us who we were, he was very excited that we were English as so was he, and he liked that we were honeymooners. We got to name our crab and I said the first thing that came to mind, Speedy.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon534.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon532.jpg

So in case you don't know they put all the crabs in the middle of a circle and its the first crab to exit the circle that wins. Race 2 got started and DH and I cheered Speedy on, and he won! They held 2 more rounds and then it was time for the final. There were 4 crabs in the final, 2 crabs (including Speedy) were bigger than the other 2. The race began and Speedy shot off the mark taking an early lead but then he slowed down right near the finish line and the other big crab caught him up but then he stopped as well. The 2 smaller crabs then started to gain ground but they were heading right for DH and I and I think they got scared by our mad arm waving as they then turned round and went a different way leaving Speedy to cross the finish line and win the race. The CM was very excited as no English person had ever won before, he also called us the Cinderella story as we were late for the ball but had a fairytale ending. We were presented with our wonderful prize.

CDHenParty080.jpg

CDHenParty081.jpg

Next up we went to rent some bikes and went off to explore the island.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon538.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon549.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon527.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon539.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon542.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon545.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon548.jpg

We ended the day with a walk along the beach.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon552.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon560.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon557.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon553.jpg

We headed back to the ship, and found they were giving out hot chocolate and cookies and had someone to welcome us back aboard.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon561.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon562.jpg

We headed up to the top deck to play ping pong but it was a bit windy and the ball was going all over the place so we played basketball instead, I won!

We headed back to the cabin to get ready for that nights show and meal. That night we ate in Animators Palette.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon566.jpg

Here is some food that may or may not be what we ate.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon571.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon573.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon574.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon575.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon572.jpg

Our lovely servers.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon576.jpg

After dinner we had a walk around, it was very cold and windy on deck.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon565.jpg

We went again to the art gallery as you could now make an offer for the art but after doing an estimate of the suitcase length we were pretty sure it wouldn't fit. We headed to Wavebands and were welcomed by the CM as the crab race winners. We played Family Fortunes and then had a dance before going back to the cabin for the last time. I realised later I'd left my cardigan in Wavebands which was very annoying as I wore it all the time.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon564.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter