• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PJ & TR: Claire & Mike - WP/KWR/SCP - 30 Dec 09 - **Inside Disney Weddings Podcast**

Sounds like your plans are coming together Claire, I can't wait to see The Dress :goodvibes I always thought i'd like a small wedding too: It'll probably be WDW or Vegas for us :)
You're going to Vegas in 2 months, is there something we don't know about? ;)

Haha, naw, though I don't deny it would probably be easy to do.. ;) And yes it would definitely involve Elvis :rotfl:

Lovely to read all about your magical wedding plans Claire - it all sounds stunning and a dream come true. Makes me wish I could do it all again and have a Disney wedding - my dream now is to hopefully renew our vows one day on the Disney Magic. Look forward to hearing more about your plans and preparations!

As well as being very top heavy I am also very short just 5 Foot 1, where as DF is 6 Foot 3, so I have a dilemma, do I wear high heels all day and have sore feet, flats and we might look a bit odd in photos, or heels for the photos then flats later on and let my dress drag across the floor? I am leaning towards the last option.

Haha, naw, though I don't deny it would probably be easy to do.. ;) And yes it would definitely involve Elvis :rotfl:

Well Vegas with no Elvis would just be wrong!

Lovely to read all about your magical wedding plans Claire - it all sounds stunning and a dream come true. Makes me wish I could do it all again and have a Disney wedding - my dream now is to hopefully renew our vows one day on the Disney Magic. Look forward to hearing more about your plans and preparations!

Thank you. A VR on the Disney Magic would be wonderful and I believe quite reasonabley priced.

As well as being very top heavy I am also very short just 5 Foot 1, where as DF is 6 Foot 3, so I have a dilemma, do I wear high heels all day and have sore feet, flats and we might look a bit odd in photos, or heels for the photos then flats later on and let my dress drag across the floor? I am leaning towards the last option.

Hubby is 6'5... and i'm 5'2 (on tiptoes). I don't actually reach his shoulder and was worried about the photos looking naff, so I wore HIGH heels!! Now, i'm usually a chucks kind of girl, and I own ONE pair of heels so it was important to me that I didn't end up tottering around like Aunt Sally on the big day... so I wore them around the house... ALOT. I'd be skipping around doing the hoovering in my jamas and 4 inch heels!! The only time I took them off was when we were on the boat and I really didn't notice them all day. I'm glad I wore them, because in some of the photos hubby still looks like he's having a problem bending to kiss me etc, so it would have been so much worse with flats on. Thats why I also chose to wear my hair high on the top of my head to give me some more height in the photos.

Our first dance at our reception over here was a disaster!!! My shoes had ankle straps and i'd just kicked them off under the table when the DJ announced us to dance, and didn't have time to put them back on again!! The fantastic dance we were GOING to do was quickly aborted for a shuffle around the dance floor as the height difference was just TOO much, and poor hubby ended up picking me up half way through the song to dance as he was fed up having to stoop so much!!

Oh.... parcel is in the post!! :goodvibes

Hubby is 6'5... and i'm 5'2 (on tiptoes). I don't actually reach his shoulder and was worried about the photos looking naff, so I wore HIGH heels!! Now, i'm usually a chucks kind of girl, and I own ONE pair of heels so it was important to me that I didn't end up tottering around like Aunt Sally on the big day... so I wore them around the house... ALOT. I'd be skipping around doing the hoovering in my jamas and 4 inch heels!! The only time I took them off was when we were on the boat and I really didn't notice them all day. I'm glad I wore them, because in some of the photos hubby still looks like he's having a problem bending to kiss me etc, so it would have been so much worse with flats on. Thats why I also chose to wear my hair high on the top of my head to give me some more height in the photos.

Our first dance at our reception over here was a disaster!!! My shoes had ankle straps and i'd just kicked them off under the table when the DJ announced us to dance, and didn't have time to put them back on again!! The fantastic dance we were GOING to do was quickly aborted for a shuffle around the dance floor as the height difference was just TOO much, and poor hubby ended up picking me up half way through the song to dance as he was fed up having to stoop so much!!

Oh.... parcel is in the post!! :goodvibes

High heels it is then with big hair!

Can't wait to get the parcel :hug:

I looked up some more wedding dresses online last night that i'd spotted in a Bridal magazine.

I really like this one:
frontJustinAlexander.jpg

backJustinAlexander.jpg

This one i'm not sure if its too much detail, I want it quite simple:
frontAlfredAngelo.jpg

backAlfredAngelo.jpg

detailAlfredAngelo.jpg

Hi Claire,

just catching up all your plans sound great, i love the dress you like :goodvibes

I just read your PJ and I love your glasses and cake knives! Everything looks great. I also love the dresses you are choosing between. I have to say that I love the first one the best! :goodvibes Can't wait to read more!

I just read your PJ and I love your glasses and cake knives! Everything looks great. I also love the dresses you are choosing between. I have to say that I love the first one the best! :goodvibes Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for reading :goodvibes

Just found out from Disney that currently you can only book Sunset Point 8 months out :eek: I think I might go nuts waiting :scared:

Just found out from Disney that currently you can only book Sunset Point 8 months out :eek: I think I might go nuts waiting :scared:
Why's that, did they say?
I though all outdoor locations were at 12 months out :confused3

I asked: What's the alternate indoor location in case of rain?

This is a special case for the Sunset Point. Currently, the backup location at Disney's Polynesian Resort is under refurbishment. So, you have two (2) options as a Sunset Point bride:

1) Book a "guaranteed" backup at the Wedding Pavilion. This would reserve Sunset Point and Disney's Wedding Pavilion for your special day. Therefore, the experience price would be for the Premium level $5,500.00.

2) Take the "non-guaranteed" backup option. This would mean that if there is inclement weather on the day of the event, we would utilize space at any convention center on Walt Disney World property. This experience price would be for the Deluxe level $4,500.00.

Due to these bookings, Sunset Point is now at an 8 month in advance booking period. So, for an event on December 30, 2009, we can begin looking at availability on April 30, 2009.

Its making me think, I might book a different location at 12 months out then change at 8 months to Sunset Point to make sure I get my date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter