Pizza take out or delivery question - Via Napoli and in general

blewits

Wendy
Pardon my ignorance.

I keep hearing how great the pizzas are. We are staying at the Dolphin (December) and I have young adult kids with young adult legs staying with us. By chance, will they box one of their mezzo pizzas up to go? Probably not but it’s free to ask. Has anyone ever asked?

OR, can anyone recommend the best pizza delivery offered offsite? My husband is a pizza snob. He’s European so that’s the type of pizza he prefers. Im good with a papa johns crispy but do also prefer true Italian pizza, if I can get it.

Thanks y’all

No, they will not box up the pizzas to go.

You can take a boat to Epcot from the Dolphin. The walk to Italy from the international gateway isn't that long at all. My kids who have pretty poor stamina due to autism can easily walk like 8-10 miles a day at WDW. Just make a Via Napoli reservation one day you plan to be in Eocot.

Alternately, you can get the same/similar pizza by the slice at Disney Springs at Pizza Ponte, which is operated by the same restaurant group (Patina). The pizza there is either Neapolitan style or Sicilian style. They offer both.

There is also an Italian restaurant at the Swan that is highly regarded. Maybe see if they have pizza. It's a sit down place, though, so no takeout. Takeout options at WDW sit down restaurants are nonexistent.

We enjoy pizza from Giordano's off-site. It's Chicago deep dish, but I think you can get a regular NY-style pie too. I don't believe you can get a pizza to go from Via Napoli...I don't think they have the ability to box up an entire pizza (assuming you made a reservation, sat down, ordered, then asked them to box up your pizza after they brought it which is the only way you could even try doing it). There is a take-out window outside Via Napoli but it is NOT the same pizza...it's standard Disney garbage pizza. You can get a whole pie to go from the pizza window at the Boardwalk but it's not "good" pizza.

I'm from Long Island, so a pizza snob too. I live in NC and don't eat pizza anymore unless I'm visiting my relatives back on LI. Papa Johns, Domino's, Pizza Hut and Disney pizza are not acceptable pizza for me. We do like the pizza from the restaurant at Via Napoli, but aside from that it's Giordano's or nothing when in WDW.

We enjoy pizza from Giordano's off-site. It's Chicago deep dish, but I think you can get a regular NY-style pie too. I don't believe you can get a pizza to go from Via Napoli...I don't think they have the ability to box up an entire pizza (assuming you made a reservation, sat down, ordered, then asked them to box up your pizza after they brought it which is the only way you could even try doing it). There is a take-out window outside Via Napoli but it is NOT the same pizza...it's standard Disney garbage pizza. You can get a whole pie to go from the pizza window at the Boardwalk but it's not "good" pizza.

I'm from Long Island, so a pizza snob too. I live in NC and don't eat pizza anymore unless I'm visiting my relatives back on LI. Papa Johns, Domino's, Pizza Hut and Disney pizza are not acceptable pizza for me. We do like the pizza from the restaurant at Via Napoli, but aside from that it's Giordano's or nothing when in WDW.
Exactly what I was looking for. I’ll write it down.

Thank you all for helping. I knew it was a longshot. Just thought I’d ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter