Pizza Planet end of run....

Makes sense .. Pizza Planet was out of place in its current location and will be even more wants Toy Story Land goes up on the other side of the park .. and frankly ... its theming was awful. I was expecing a place looking more like the movie, and instead just got an overpriced pizza joint with aliens haning from the ceiling and old arcade games. They didn't even have a CLAW machine?

I guess that means that the Muppet area is potentially safe from the Star Wars expansion then.

I would love to see a well-themed Pizza Planet in the new expanded Toy Story area and what the heck, throw in some decent pizza too. They could let the Swedish chef go wild in the other area which would simply be a blast. :)

I agree about that. I will confess that I never went to Pizza Planet, .

I went to Pizza Planet once, then immediately used a FP for Star Tours...then I honked.

I don't know if the pizza or the ride make me puke but either way I've avoided Pizza Planet since then. I have ridden Star Tours again and it made me nauseous, but I didn't honk.

I always found the pizza ok but really liked the meatball sandwich there. The theming and placement though was ridiculously lacking in every sense. So glad that this is changing (and hopefully for the better). If this location does turn into a Muppets mini land of sorts that would be fantastic. Not everything in the new DHS design needs to be some all-encompassing immersive experience.

A part of Pizza Planet was the small arcade they had there. When Disney reacted to the new law and removed some of the machines from all their arcades it started to look a little sadder in Pizza Planet. If nothing else it need a clean up, but re-themeing it would be much appreciated.

I would love to see a well-themed Pizza Planet in the new expanded Toy Story area and what the heck, throw in some decent pizza too. They could let the Swedish chef go wild in the other area which would simply be a blast. :)
I would love me some wild Swedish Chef action! :p

A part of Pizza Planet was the small arcade they had there. When Disney reacted to the new law and removed some of the machines from all their arcades it started to look a little sadder in Pizza Planet. If nothing else it need a clean up, but re-themeing it would be much appreciated.

The "arcade" was pathetic even before that law. I don't think it necessarily needs to be Dave and Busters levels of games, but it needs to be somewhere in between that and Chuck-E-Cheese.

Pizza Planet has to be one of the biggest disappointments in the history of the Mouse. I know it was for me, personally.

I have found that even the "most reputable" give out wrong information when they are excitedly speculating ... but it's entertaining. And until it comes out of the Mouse's mouth, there are no safe bets.

Boy isn't this the truth...?
I started laughing when I read this as I am at work listening to old podcasts (11/06/07) and about a minute ago one of the Podcast members referenced an announcement that Disney was building a park in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia....:P

The pizza was noting special, but what really let me down was the theming. As in "it was barely themed at all". Would it kill you to have a claw machine filled with little green aliens?

Pizza Planet, like most all counter service locations in DHS, was a once-and-done for me. I would totally frequent a muppet eatery.

Yeah when my boys found about Pizza Planet they HAD to go there... and then promptly wanted to go do something, anything, else. Hopefully they get it right with the reopened version, whatever it turns out to be.

I will point out, if they wanted to, the potential for a new pizza planet to be much cooler is there. And they could do it (relatively) cheap, just cannibalize a bit of disney quest.

I hate Pizza Planet, so certainly am not heartbroken over this news. I also dislike the Muppets- but love putting multiple themed attractions near each other so YAY!

Looks like Pizza planet will be closing for its remodel as soon as the Osborne lights turn off for the final time then will be reopening as pizza planet 8-10weeks later. Was told muppets eatery is nothing but a rumor. I was told this from a very close source.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter