Pizza deliveries?

DisneyMom2Boyz

Mouseketeer
I have read somewhere about getting pizza delivered to the resort, has anyone done this? People seem to recommend Giordanos?? They have deep dish pizza that's suppose to be amazing. Anybody ever order one or anything from Giordanos? How was it? Do you pick up your delivery in the resort lobby? Thanks!

I haven't ordered Giordano's at Disney, but I've had it in Chicago and it's pretty decent Chicago style deep dish.

I ordered Papa John's on our trip in May. We were staying at CSR and had to meet the delivery driver at the front of the resort. They aren't allowed to come to the rooms.

I haven't ordered pizza at Disney from Giordano's, but I ate there on a recent trip. It was one of the most frustrating dining experiences ever! Poor service. I think they lost our name on the waitlist, so it took a long time to be seated. Then I think they lost our pizza order, so we waited a very long time for our pizza. The pizza was fine, and I assume this was a fluke of an experience. I realize that they probably don't have to focus on repeat business, given their location, but they will not have my business again.

I haven't ordered pizza at Disney from Giordano's, but I ate there on a recent trip. It was one of the most frustrating dining experiences ever! Poor service. I think they lost our name on the waitlist, so it took a long time to be seated. Then I think they lost our pizza order, so we waited a very long time for our pizza. The pizza was fine, and I assume this was a fluke of an experience. I realize that they probably don't have to focus on repeat business, given their location, but they will not have my business again.

Just an FYI, it is pretty common for deep dish pizza to take 40 minutes to make. It's very possible they didn't lose your order, but just that it takes much longer to make a Chicago style deep dish.

here now..ordered from Flippers last night..decent pizza..delivered to our room at SSR..would order from there again!

We love Flippers. Haven't had experience with any others, but we like Flippers so much we probably wouldn't stray.

Just an FYI, it is pretty common for deep dish pizza to take 40 minutes to make. It's very possible they didn't lose your order, but just that it takes much longer to make a Chicago style deep dish.

Yup.

I was raised on Giordano's (Aurelios', Sanfrantello's...) and no longer live in the Chicago area. I'm thinking about going and getting pizza from there on our trip.

OFF-SITE PIZZA DELIVERY UNTIL ABOUT 3:00am:
1) Giordanos, (407) 397-0044
2) Westgate Pizza Hut, (866) 438-2507
3) Papa Johns, (352) 243-1800
4) Flipper's Pizza, (407) 938-9633 (Best in our opinion)

OFF-SITE PIZZA DELIVERY TO RESORT ROOMS:
1) At Deluxe resorts, pizzas are delivered to Front Desk or Bellmen.
2) At other resorts, deliveries usually go to the room.
3) At DVC resorts, the deliveries are almost always to the room.

Native New Yorker here (now living unfortunately in NC...the land decent pizza forgot).

Giordano's was SPECTACULAR! We ate at the actual restaurant in September on our last trip. I believe it was a Thursday evening. Went right after we wrapped up at USO around 7pm. We were pretty much the only ones in the place, and we were still warned that the order (one deep dish with pepperoni) would take 45 minutes or so. We ordered some apps and then just hung out. GREAT pizza.

OFF-SITE PIZZA DELIVERY UNTIL ABOUT 3:00am:
1) Giordanos, (407) 397-0044
2) Westgate Pizza Hut, (866) 438-2507
3) Papa Johns, (352) 243-1800
4) Flipper's Pizza, (407) 938-9633 (Best in our opinion)

OFF-SITE PIZZA DELIVERY TO RESORT ROOMS:
1) At Deluxe resorts, pizzas are delivered to Front Desk or Bellmen.
2) At other resorts, deliveries usually go to the room.
3) At DVC resorts, the deliveries are almost always to the room.

Thank you, someone had warned people about flyers under your door. Giordanos looks good but you would suggest Flippers? Is it deep dish or thin crust? Do you know if they have menus online? Thanks for the info:)

We :love: Giordanos! It's been our tradition for many years, while in FL, to go there at least once per trip.

You can get $25 off certificates at restaurant(dot)com ... and can often purchase the certificates for $2 or $3 when they are running a sale at the site above.

As previously stated, it does take 40 minutes or so for the deep dish ... what we do is call in our order when we leave our resort or the parks (their number is printed on the certificate) ... when we arrive at the restaurant, we just tell them that we called in our pizza order. Then it's usually on our table within 5-10 minutes of being seated. :cool1:

Warning: They DO have 2-3 locations ... so make sure you buy a certificate for (and then show up at) the particular location you want. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter