Pixie Dusting in MK

Harters2WDW

DIS Veteran
One of the highlights for my DD6 and DD2 was getting pixie dusted at Castle Couture (thanks disboards for this rec!) near the Castle in Magic Kingdom. Sometimes it was a little flat, but other times it was pure magic. We had a great CM from Paris who did a while little speech and really did it up for them. We had had a great experience at DTD after BBB was closed and one FGIT was pixie dusting.

If you have young girls (or even older...we saw many teens doing this as well), this adds a little more magic to the trip. And, it's FREE! Takes just a few minutes. Usually you can find the person doing it, if not just ask!

:goodvibes

We were in downtown disney a couple weeks ago and a lady from BBB asked my dd if she wanted a pixie dusting. Since we were headed for our special 15th anniversary dinner at Fultons I had her sprinkle me too. lol It was fun and I got so many compliments. ;)

A glittery dusting sprinkled on your head.

This! Takes only a few minutes, but my DD's just loved it! DD6 wanted to do it every time we were in MK!

We were in downtown disney a couple weeks ago and a lady from BBB asked my dd if she wanted a pixie dusting. Since we were headed for our special 15th anniversary dinner at Fultons I had her sprinkle me too. lol It was fun and I got so many compliments. ;)

Love it! :goodvibes

I love this! When we "graduated" the college program, we got these cute Mickey ears with a little tassel. We took them to get pixie dusted. We had a friend who was very, very ill and couldn't complete her program, so we bought her ears, got her name put on them, and got those dusted too, to send home to her.

It really is very sweet when the CMs do it. The little bibbidi-bobbidi-boo speech is cute, and I know I'm 23, but I'm definitely a kid at heart and feel all princessy when I get pixie dusted. Plus, I love glitter.

I am doing BBB for my 2 DD's later in my vacation. Would it be worth it to get "dusted" on our first day in MK? or would that take away from BBB?
TIA

I don't think anything can take away from BBB. I would let her have as much pixie dust as her hearts content. =)

My DD6 did it twice before th BBB day....didn't take away at all! And, she even wanted to do it again the final day in MK after BBB! she wanted all the pixie dust she could get! Plus, BBB is such a big experience! This is just a fun extra!

I don't think anything can take away from BBB. I would let her have as much pixie dust as her hearts content. =)

My DD6 did it twice before th BBB day....didn't take away at all! And, she even wanted to do it again the final day in MK after BBB! she wanted all the pixie dust she could get! Plus, BBB is such a big experience! This is just a fun extra!

Thank you then I will for sure take my girls there!! Can't wait 21 days!

One of the highlights for my DD6 and DD2 was getting pixie dusted at Castle Couture (thanks disboards for this rec!) near the Castle in Magic Kingdom. Sometimes it was a little flat, but other times it was pure magic. We had a great CM from Paris who did a while little speech and really did it up for them. We had had a great experience at DTD after BBB was closed and one FGIT was pixie dusting.

If you have young girls (or even older...we saw many teens doing this as well), this adds a little more magic to the trip. And, it's FREE! Takes just a few minutes. Usually you can find the person doing it, if not just ask!

:goodvibes

Okay, I have to admit that I have done this and I'm well past teen years! :o It's just one of those special Disney moments that has added so much to my Disney days! I love the little saying that the FGIT says, too. I wish I could remember but I'm usually so busy wishing while the dust is being applied that I only sort of hear it. I know at the end he/she says "all it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust":p. Love it!!! I also wear a little tiara over my bun. Hey, it's Disney World and I magically return to a wondering youngster when I'm there!pixiedust:

The only time we've ever been "dusted" was in the Castle Couture shop, right behind the castle. We went in there and borrowed their dressing room to change dd into her Cinderella gown to go eat at the castle, and a CM asked us when we came out if she wanted some pixie dust. I didn't know how common it was for them to do this, or if they did it anywhere else.

ww0552.jpg

Just go into the Castle Couture Shop behind the castle and ask to be pixie dusted! There is usually someone walking around with the dusting wand! We also did it at Downtown Disney once BBB was closed. Not sure how common that one is. But MK happened every time we went in there-- just ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter