Pixie Dust was sprinkled!!!

Does anyone else think the cm could get in trouble for this? OP, I'm glad she did this for you, I've overheard similar situations at Disney and felt sorry for those that didn't fully understand the admission options, but management MAY not look at this as a positive.
Agreed!
I had a not unsimilar situation. I was in DTD Disney and wanted to go to DQ with my friends. I have an AP, I also have a Non-Exp Ticket with DQ visits left on it.
Well, of course, I showed up with the AP, having left the other ticket in my room! I was sure I'd just had to buy a i day ticket, so I sent my friends in and went to the window. When I explained my situation, the CM tried to look up my ticket, we tried everything, credit card info, my guest history, couldn't find it (i think it might have been an upgraded UT....).
I was totally prepared to just buy a ticket, but she handed me a comp. I didn't write a comment card for her though, because I was afraid she might get in trouble....

Does anyone else think the cm could get in trouble for this?

I didn't write a comment card for her though, because I was afraid she might get in trouble....

I may be COMPLETELY wrong,but I would "think" the Ticket Media CMs have a certain amount of "discretion" in what they can and cannot do for Guests and they know where that "line" is drawn.:)

I would think they treat each situation as a unique situation and use their discretion to do or not do anything.:)

I may be COMPLETELY wrong,but I would "think" the Ticket Media CMs have a certain amount of "discretion" in what they can and cannot do for Guests and they know where that "line" is drawn.:)

I would think they treat each situation as a unique situation and use their discretion to do or not do anything.:)

It's quite possible, but since I'm not sure, I didn't want to risk it.
When I was a flight attendant, I found a liquor envelope in a galley cabinet (the money that a previous FA had collected from liquor sales). It had $180 in it and I turned it in, sure that I was saving the other FAs job. Well, turned out that the company had no idea that the money was missing, until I turned it in. The other FA got written up after I turned it in and was actually angry with me after that. No good deed goes unpunished!

I think she thought, as many people would, that a ticket is an "occurrence" rather than a "day". Therefore thinking that one could stay 1,2,3,4 days but have a 5 day ticket, using tickets 4 and 5 on the same day.

It seems like it would be ok and I remember thinking it should work until you realize that no one would buy hoppers on longer trips as the tix get cheaper. (At least I guess that's the reasoning.)

Not being mean hear or trying to stir the pot, but I would buy that if it was her first trip. But she mentioned at the start of her original post:
"Every Other trip we have been on, to Disney we have always gotten park hopper tickets. We usually use them on Animal kingdom day, and then again on our last day, to hop and just ride our faves, on the last day. Works well. "

So to me this means she has been before and knows the difference between park hopper tickets and non hopper tickets.

Maybe someone who works for Disney can chime in here. I WOULDN"T think they would have that discretion because that then opens the door for lots of freebies and giveaways. Not saying they don't, just not what I would expect. Interesting discussion though.

Not being mean hear or trying to stir the pot, but I would buy that if it was her first trip. But she mentioned at the start of her original post:
"Every Other trip we have been on, to Disney we have always gotten park hopper tickets. We usually use them on Animal kingdom day, and then again on our last day, to hop and just ride our faves, on the last day. Works well. "

So to me this means she has been before and knows the difference between park hopper tickets and non hopper tickets.

I have been going to Disney for over 25 years and I would have thought a ticket is a ticket and is based on occurrences not days. I have had an annual pass for the past 10 years so I have never really looked at the other tickets but I would have thought that I could use my days in any combo I wanted to (much like how those who get the dining plan can use their credits any way they want - you are not forced to use one of each per day)

Very happy for the OP.

Yes, I know the difference, HOWEVER, thought that it was occurance, as previously posted...
Glad you are not trying to stir the pot... or be mean. But I posted this because it was amazing amount of pixie dust for my family. Had I known, I wouldn't have even tried it. I am not that type of person. I wouldn't have wasted so much time of our last day, or disappointed my kids had it not worked out, all to save money from park hoppers.
Why would you judge someone so harshly like this? You just jump to the conclusion that I am trying to buck the system?
I shared this story because so many people continue to bash "how un magical disney is these days" I was simply sharing how it truly is a magical and wonderful place, and how great CM's still are. Despite what other things are going on in the world, there are still some nice people, who do nice things just because.
Maybe I am taking your post to harshly, (I sure hope so) and if so, I am sorry for reacting like this. It just seems these boards are filled with people waiting to pounce on everyone for everything.

When you're on the Dis, you have to have a thick skin! :thumbsup2 There are always people who post things quite harshly in response to any thread and some down right rude. :thumbsup2 Congrats on the pixie dust! pixiedust:

Yes, I know the difference, HOWEVER, thought that it was occurance, as previously posted...
Glad you are not trying to stir the pot... or be mean. But I posted this because it was amazing amount of pixie dust for my family. Had I known, I wouldn't have even tried it. I am not that type of person. I wouldn't have wasted so much time of our last day, or disappointed my kids had it not worked out, all to save money from park hoppers.
Why would you judge someone so harshly like this? You just jump to the conclusion that I am trying to buck the system?
I shared this story because so many people continue to bash "how un magical disney is these days" I was simply sharing how it truly is a magical and wonderful place, and how great CM's still are. Despite what other things are going on in the world, there are still some nice people, who do nice things just because.
Maybe I am taking your post to harshly, (I sure hope so) and if so, I am sorry for reacting like this. It just seems these boards are filled with people waiting to pounce on everyone for everything.

Thanks for sharing your story OP! I love to hear these stories of Disney magic.

Does anyone else think the cm could get in trouble for this? OP, I'm glad she did this for you, I've overheard similar situations at Disney and felt sorry for those that didn't fully understand the admission options, but management MAY not look at this as a positive.

The CM will not get in trouble for this. Trust me ... no CM is going to risk losing their job so that someone who didn't understand the types of tickets they were buying can get into a park for free. CMs have latitude as to what they can give away and under what conditions. The CM here has nothing to worry about.

To the OP ... the only rule to remember into the future is "if you want to go to more than one park per day, you need a park hopper". End of story. There are other ways to do it, of course (buying one-day tickets, etc), but the basic key learning here is that if you want to hop, you need a hopper. And in a case like yours, when you were depending on that to get you into the second park on your last day, it's always best to ask when you buy the tickets to be absolutely certain. Otherwise -- as you discovered -- it will cost you.

:earsboy:

That is great, but like I said. not being sure they are allowed this latitude, I wouldn't call attention to the free admission. Now that we know it is allowed ( I am assuming you are or have been a CM), I think it's great that OP aknowledges the pixie dust. However, if the official policy is that cm's can use their own judgement and the public knows it..........:scared:

can that cost...DON"T ASK! So okay thats not an option... So I will but a one day ticket for each of us... (me and my two kids) AGAIN DON'T ASK THE COST!!! So crap again. Now I am near tears... Kids are so disappointed... and my last night at disney is ruined. Ticket girl seems upset for us. I am very nice, and start to gather my bags, and start to tearfully explain that I can't pay so much for 4 hours in the park! She calls me over, slides 3 tickets my way and says "Have a magical day!" I then start to cry.

What a great way to end our trip!!!

This is why the prices are insane high. We ALL have to pay for this kind of freebies.
There are no Freebies. Disney just adds the cost of this kind of behavior on the tickets.

This is why the prices are insane high. We ALL have to pay for this kind of freebies.
There are no Freebies. Disney just adds the cost of this kind of behavior on the tickets.

Ok, you explain to me how these three people walking into the park costs anyone any more money....
What expense did Disney incur that they are now going to have to pass on to you?

Ok, you explain to me how these three people walking into the park costs anyone any more money....
What expense did Disney incur that they are now going to have to pass on to you?

Disney is not a philanthropic organization.
ALL extra expanses or freebies are just add to the prizes. No matter how much some people like to believe there is "Pixie Dust" that is just dumb. Pixie Dust comes out of all our pockets.

So much freebies and pixie dust spent this year? Okay we have to raise the prices that amount. That is just how a business works.

Disney is not the government. They don't take from one to give to another. Are you saying everytime a CM gives a Mickey Bar or comps socks for a kid who got wet on Splash Mountain that it effects ticket costs? How about when they do special things for military families? Are we paying for that too? I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous and rude to say. This woman still payed a ton for her vacation and she honestly misunderstood something that MANY long time Dis goers still don't understand. I have been going to Disney for 15+ years and I never understood it meant "day" and not "occurrence" until this year. You honestly think Disney, a company that brings in more money you can imagine in a day, cares that much about her $300 park tickets that CM gave her? Trust me, they dont.

To the OP: I'm glad you were pixie dusted. I personally didn't understand the whole day concept thing until last fall.
Yes...anytime Disney gives anything for free it comes from the bottom line. So they have to make up the profits somewhere. Its all factored in the cost of their tickets, merchandise and food.

But they know the good will they build by doing it is worth it. I pay a little more for Disney because I know they have superb customer service. I have gotten my own pixie dust for them on many occasions and would never begrudge someone else getting it.

But anyone with any business sense will tell you that pixie dust is not free.

Disney is not the government. They don't take from one to give to another. Are you saying everytime a CM gives a Mickey Bar or comps socks for a kid who got wet on Splash Mountain that it effects ticket costs? How about when they do special things for military families? Are we paying for that too? I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous and rude to say. This woman still payed a ton for her vacation and she honestly misunderstood something that MANY long time Dis goers still don't understand. I have been going to Disney for 15+ years and I never understood it meant "day" and not "occurrence" until this year. You honestly think Disney, a company that brings in more money you can imagine in a day, cares that much about her $300 park tickets that CM gave her? Trust me, they dont.

To the OP: I'm glad you were pixie dusted. I personally didn't understand the whole day concept thing until last fall.

You may not like it but yes every Disney Dollar that goes out the door as a freebie or pixie dust has to be paid by other guests.

Yes...anytime Disney gives anything for free it comes from the bottom line. So they have to make up the profits somewhere. Its all factored in the cost of their tickets, merchandise and food.

But they know the good will they build by doing it is worth it. I pay a little more for Disney because I know they have superb customer service. I have gotten my own pixie dust for them on many occasions and would never begrudge someone else getting it.

But anyone with any business sense will tell you that pixie dust is not free.

Thats just what I mean. Nobody is begrudging the OP for the free tickets. We just all have to realize that every time we think we get something for free we have to pay more next time.

Kaspar Houser said:
You may not like it but yes every Disney Dollar that goes out the door as a freebie or pixie dust has to be paid by other guests.

The phrase there is no such thing as a free lunch comes to mind. I agree with you

Yes and no. What fixed costs did Disney lose out on by allowing them to enter the park at no charge? What variable costs were impacted by their entrance to the park? The fixed costs weren't impacted at all. They may have impacted wages in the sense that CM's would have to attend to them, however I suspect that was pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.

I suspect that lunch and/or snacks were purchased by the family, perhaps a souvenier at some point, Disney is probably better off financially by comp'ing them into the park at that point. Not to mention the goodwill and the positive reviews the customer will relate to those they choose to.

Compared however to when a CM gives away a hard good (like an ice cream bar or socks), that is a loss and I would presume would be treated as a marketing expense or a goodwill expense, or maybe just an "evaporation" of inventory expense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter