• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pixie dust please

tanyabanana

Mouseketeer
Right now I'm sitting in the ICU room where my 15 year old daughter is being treated. She has type 1 diabetes and became very ill yesterday. Her sugars are within normal range and we are now trying to determine what is causing her to be very lethargic and almost non responsive.
I believe in the power of prayer, good thoughts and pixie dust and she can really use any of them right now.
Please give your loved ones extra hugs this holiday weekend. :grouphug:

Hugs and prayers, I hope the doctors can find an answer soon and your dd recovers.

Emily

My heart goes out to you and your family! I hope that she has a speedy recovery. I know that diabetes is scary with a child and I cannot imagine what you are going through. Hang in there and I will sprinkle all my pixie dust for her and your family!!

Prayers and Positive thoughts coming your way.

From one T1D mom to another...my thoughts are with you and your daughter. Very scary! Has she developed Ketones?

Prayers and good thoughts on it's way from me too! Hope she feels better very soon!

I will keep your daughter in my prayers. I hope there is an explanation very soon and that she recovers quickly.:grouphug:

I just wanted to add...please keep us updated on your daughters progress.:goodvibes

Thinking positive thoughts for your daughter and your whole family. (((HUGS)))

Thanks everyone. She is resting comfortably right now. She was able to sit up and have broth earlier, so that was a good sign. Her ketones were slightly up, but not enough to cause what she looked like. Her color has improved and they are pumping the fluids through her like crazy. It looks like the worst is over. If you're so inclined, a little extra pixie dust for her vein with the IV to hold up would be great. She has become a human pincushion and if that vein stops on her, she is in for more pain:sad1:
Thanks again- these boards are the best

I am glad to hear she is doing better, I hope that you find out what is wrong soon.

Prayers and PD for quick healing and a full recovery. :grouphug:

Does she have an insulin pump? I hope you find the reason for her problem and can avoid it in the future.

Thanks everyone. She is resting comfortably right now. She was able to sit up and have broth earlier, so that was a good sign. Her ketones were slightly up, but not enough to cause what she looked like. Her color has improved and they are pumping the fluids through her like crazy. It looks like the worst is over. If you're so inclined, a little extra pixie dust for her vein with the IV to hold up would be great. She has become a human pincushion and if that vein stops on her, she is in for more pain:sad1:
Thanks again- these boards are the best

I am glad to hear that she is improving. Hoping they get to the bottom of the issue quickly. Wishing her a quick recovery, with stable BGs and wishing you some rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter