Pixie Dust on Staterooms?

We did this for ours. The DCL agent said they do their best to accommodate but cannot guarantee it in case of maintenance issues, etc.

You are correct. My TA did tell us that. I was worried about getting seasick (which did not happen) and wanted a midship cabin. I was very happy with our cabin selection & didn't want to be moved & DCL was able to accomadate us.

We've sailed concierge once and I was not impressed. I would prefer to cruise more often than cruise concierge. The lounge was nice and the food being close was nice but if you weren't in line for the food when it was put out, you had to wait for them to refill and it took awhile. If you had to be somewhere and wanted to get breakfast in the lounge, you had to hurry to get there and then jump in the food line immediately. If I wanted that stress, I would just go to Cabanas for breakfast. Free alcohol for two 45 minute periods was nice but they were limited in what they could make. You can carry on your own alcohol and get exactly what you want. The one thing I asked them to take care of for me during the embarkation meeting didn't get done and I had to hang around waiting for them to do it on the day and time we agreed on.

Concierge.....12 nights from Wednesday!!!!! Andy and Julia.

Concierge gets as a minimum...

Both
  • DVD and Ipad rental.
  • Use of shoreside concierge form 125 days pre cruise.
  • Priority special check in desks and concierge area in port.
  • Concierge parties and private character meet in these.
  • Use of robes and slippers.
  • Extra Wave phones included.
  • Lithograph gift at the end of the cruise.
  • Cheapest internet package refunded. (Royals free internet).
  • Order hot breakfast to room each morning bar last morning when you can order a standard breakfast. (Normal room service is stopped for non concierge then).
  • Order food from MDRs on set menus. set times.
  • Royals Cat R and also Cat S can order from Palo dinner menu set ours.
  • MDR rotation booking and table size and location request.
  • Advance booking pre 120 days for Port adventures and Spa, and Palo or Remy if new ships, and Cabana if cruise calls at Castaway Cay.
  • Booking for Mixology.

Magic/Wonder
  • The hosts (two) are assigned a side of the ship and call on you during the day.
  • They take over a bar for the embarkation meet and a party mid cruise, sometimes two on longer cruises.
  • You get a food gift each day, like a fruit bowl, and the hosts will organise what you need like guest services, so character meets tickets and extra palo.
  • Often they call on you in the MDRs to give advice on the next day, the plans the ships docking times the weather.
  • They have been giving out extras these are not advertised but include.
  • Pre dinner drinks in a bar.
  • Coffee in Cove Cafe all cruise flash the card and no fee for the standard coffees and teas there.
  • Priority embarkation, priority tendering where they tender and priority disembarkation at the cruise end.
  • We have had extra gifts including a create of bottled water.
  • Personalised service tailored to you.

I am on the Magic in concierge in ten days and will post the up to date service on my blog at that time.

Rumour, Magic may get a concierge lounge on next re fit.

Dream/Fantasy
  • Concierge lounge.
  • Three hosts.
  • You go to them.
  • Food 7am to 10pm and soft drinks all the time and a bar pre dinner.

Is this a certain type of room, or is concierge just an "add-on" to any stateroom?

Is this a certain type of room, or is concierge just an "add-on" to any stateroom?

Concierge is a different booking category with multiple stateroom types. You can price it by searching the dcl site. Input your sailing date and search available room types. If concierge is available, it will allow you to price it for your party size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter