Pixie dust on our DREAM vacation! Update 06/08 TR finished!!

I have just went through your entire trip report. Thank you for all the pictures and details. We go on our first cruise in a little over two months and I am devouring all the information I can. Can't wait to read more.

First off, thanks for reading and more coming up very shortly! :thumbsup2

We fell in love with cruising in 2009 on our what we thought then would be one and only cruise.
Ever since we have been cruising at least twice a year. ;) Be warned it can become addictive. :lmao:
You are going to love the experience. Which ship will you be cruising on?

:banana: Very Excited for you and I look forward to living it vicariously through your eyes! ::yes::

Thank you, Debbie!
I was so happy when I found out that booking went so smoothly! I had huge problems booking last time and it made my day when I could book everything at all the perfect times for us. :woohoo:

birthdaydisney.jpg

:wizard::cake::bday::wizard: Have a magical Birthday :wizard::cake::bday::wizard:

Thank you! :hug:

9e2c84ec.gif
Happy Birthday, Karin!!
9e2c84ec.gif

icon_tink.gif
May all your Wishes come true, dear friend!!
icon_tinkRight.gif

birthday7ag8.gif

margaritasmile1.gif

Thank you, Christine! :hug:

First of all, I see that it is your birthday, so Happy Birthday!! :)

Second, congratulations on getting your Cabana!! Very exciting news.

Finally, I love your pictures from Disneyland Paris! I want to go there so much, hopefully one day I make it there. I love the Dooney too - I am quite a fan, but they put out bags faster than I can buy them lol

Thank you for the birthday wishes and sharing our excitement about scoring all our desired extras for the cruise. :goodvibes

DLRP is fun and it was so exciting with all the new additions they have made. The decorations were awesome too! :cloud9:
I just love my Dooneys and finding the DLRP ones was wonderful. :goodvibes

Happy Birthday!!!

And yay on getting a cabana and Palo!!!

Looks like another awesome trip is coming up!:goodvibes

Thank you, Ann! :hug:
I am so excited with scoring the Cabanas - it will be so much better for my super sensitive eyes! :thumbsup2

I cannot wait to start planning for our upcoming trip - well planning in my head is done, but posting needs to start soon! :thumbsup2

Happy Birthday Karin! :bday: party:

Great your plans are coming together so well!!!!! :banana:

Thank you, Marv! :goodvibes
I am so happy it all worked out so well so far. One more early morning booking session for the second one of our back to back cruises and we will be all set! :woohoo:

Congrats on the Cabana, Palo and Remy! VERY exciting. And even better..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

:bday:party:

Thank you, Cynthia! :hug:
I am pretty happy with my reservations - perfect birthday gift from Disney! :rotfl2:

From me too Karin !!!:hug::hug:

Now I am gonna be needing lots of Disney Cruise advice for next May!!!:cloud9::banana::banana: I need to know all about the dining to begin with popcorn:::yay:

Thank you, Rosie! :hug:
Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to, about cruising, Rosie! I will try to answer as well as I can. :goodvibes

Rosie, what were the chances you'd be going on a Disney Cruise before we get to celebrate! Fantastic!!:cool1:

It will be so much fun for Rosie and her "gang". :thumbsup2

I know I was beyond thrilled when she said I had earned a cruise !! I requested Disney !!She certainly seemed like it was a GO!!!!!! Now CarolE is aying next Alaska !!!!:cool1::cool1:

An Alaska cruise would be awesome, Rosie, but don't you wanna visit Heaven on Earth - aka, Castaway Cay? ;)

Hoping you have a magical birthday!!!!:wizard:

Thank you! :goodvibes

Happiest of birthdays, Karin! :bday:

Thank you so much for your kind birthday wishes, Elaine! :hug:

Oh Goodness, I didn't know it was your birthday! Happy! Happy! :jumping1:

Thank you, Tammie! :hug:

AWESOME!! Good for you :) :yay:

Happy Belated birthday or herzlichen gluckwunsche zum gerburtstag :cheer2: :) (I hope I got that right!)

Heather

:woohoo: Birthday wishes in German!
Danke, Heather! :hug:

Hi Karin!

I've missed a lot but went back and read a few pages.

DLRP and Italy again? You have some pretty awesome weekend trip destinations!

Congrats on the cabana, Palo, and Remy!

Abby, I know that sometimes, work can really get into the way of our DISlife!

DLRP and Italy were both wonderful. Lots of new things to see at DLRP and Italy was very relaxing. We were really lucky with the weather too.

And to say I am excited about the Cabanas, Palo and Remy is a slight understatement. ;)

First off, thanks for reading and more coming up very shortly! :thumbsup2

We fell in love with cruising in 2009 on our what we thought then would be one and only cruise.
Ever since we have been cruising at least twice a year. ;) Be warned it can become addictive. :lmao:
You are going to love the experience. Which ship will you be cruising on?

We are sailing on the Magic, for 8 nights to the Bahamas. I've never been too interested in cruising, but DH and DS have been wanting to for a few years now. Kind of been forced into it by Disney as they are graciously giving me the cruise for playing the Disney Cruise Adventure game. Now the more I read, the more hooked I am becoming. I am already trying to decide how to tell DH we need to book our next one while on board. Yep, Disney sure knew what they were doing by drawing my name.....::yes::

and.....Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a good one.

Enjoying all the updates, Karin! And Happy (late) Birthday!!! :rose::daisy::rose: We're close, mine was the 8th. :goodvibes

We are sailing on the Magic, for 8 nights to the Bahamas. I've never been too interested in cruising, but DH and DS have been wanting to for a few years now. Kind of been forced into it by Disney as they are graciously giving me the cruise for playing the Disney Cruise Adventure game. Now the more I read, the more hooked I am becoming. I am already trying to decide how to tell DH we need to book our next one while on board. Yep, Disney sure knew what they were doing by drawing my name.....::yes::

eyor44, MAJOR CONGRATS on winning such a super awesome prize!! I saw the announcement on FB about it. :thumbsup2
Oh, the decision will be easy, once he's enjoying the first one, you just tell him about the onboard-booking discounts!! Worked for me!!! :laughing:

:lmao: You kids make me laugh!

:lmao: You kids make me laugh!

Congratulations on winning such an awesome price! :cheer2:
Since you mention getting hooked slowly, let me tell you something. Tom and I NEVER thought we would like cruising. We took a cruise in 2009 for a milestone birthday, so we could say .... we did it.
Now, once we got on board we were HOOKED big time! We were rebooked on day 2. :rotfl2:
You are going to love it too - Disney knows how to do it right. ;)

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Yes, it was a fun day - started out perfect, when Disney was willing to accept more of my money for two Cabanas for our double dip cruise! :lmao:

Subbing to this thread.

Welcome! :goodvibes
I am always glad to have a new reader. :)

Day 5, February 22

„You guys are on a very tight schedule!“ - Part 4

By mid afternoon we started to empty the drawers

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

and cupboards and packed up our stuff, putting the stuff for the next day into our carryons, so we would not accidentally pack them.
It took a bit of packing and repacking until we had all the stuff we had transported in three bags coming in, into the two bags we wanted to fit it all in going home. By 4pm we were done packing

DSC_0797.jpg

DSC_0806.jpg

DSC_0807.jpg

and ventured out again.
We deserved a break and a treat, so we walked to the Vista Café and ordered a Cappuccino. You would think that since they have that nice seating area, they would bring it out in a real cup, but nope – Styrofoam cup!

IMG_3704.jpg

Coming from a country where coffee is an art form that kind of hurt. Even though the coffee was nice and there was a lot of milkfoam on top, having to sip it from a plastic cup just doesn’t do it for me.
And I won’t even mention how slow that cast member was. After our coffee experience we walked past the DVC desk, and handed them some sweet treats as well, as they had been extremely welcoming all cruise.
We picked up the last of their gifts, a wonderful Aulani print and then walked through the Vista Gallery to take another look at the beautiful pictures

DSC_0793.jpg

before we headed up to deck 11 again. There was a reason we did so. Last summer we had had the most delicious hot dogs on board and Tom had wanted to have one, but so far we hadn’t found the time. It was now or never, so now won.
On the way there we watched a fun quiz on Funnelvision

DSC_0812.jpg

and took a few photos of the DREAM at night.

DSC_0816.jpg

DSC_0817.jpg

DSC_0818.jpg

We then walked over to Tow Mater Grill

DSC_0828.jpg

and Tom got a

IMG_3712.jpg

Hot dog with fries. They have a nice condiments bar there and he loaded it up with lots of stuff.

DSC_0826.jpg

I tried the Hot dog and it was very nice, but I was still full from lunch, so I just nibbled a few of the fries. After enjoying the snack we decided to walk around the ship a bit more and take a few more photos.

To be continued ..........

So YOU are the one who won MY cruise. :rotfl2:

I could go for a hot dog right now.

That hot dog does look good and I don't even like mustard or relish. There is something about Disney food that makes it look so appealing.

Heck, I would even take coffee in a plastic cup from a slow CM if it meant I could be on the Dream right now.

Awesome pix as usual I am soo hoping to see first hand all the Dream has to offer next May!!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Rosie!
But no matter which Disney ship you will cruise on, they are all awesome! :thumbsup2

I could go for a hot dog right now.

I don't know if it is the "sea air" or just being so overly happy when on the ships, but those hot dogs taste really yummy! :goodvibes :lmao:

That hot dog does look good and I don't even like mustard or relish. There is something about Disney food that makes it look so appealing.

Heck, I would even take coffee in a plastic cup from a slow CM if it meant I could be on the Dream right now.

They are really good! I am not a fan of hot dogs in general, but I could have one of these ANY time! :rotfl:

And you are right ... even bad coffee would be better if consumed on the DREAM! :lmao:

love the picture of your room... and is that a mickey album of some sort?

The little album was a FE gift and I think it was a photo album. :goodvibes
As far as the staterooms, they are all so beautiful and the hosts we have had so far are always taking so good care of them! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter