• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pixie dust on our DREAM vacation! Update 06/08 TR finished!!

Even the title of this TR has me all :love: So glad to hear that Pixie Dust abounded on your trip! Can't wait to read all about it!

So excited to read about your trip! I'm considering a DCL for our 15 year anniversary so I'm trying to learn as much as possible. Can you answer one question for me? I've seen this abbreviation all over the cruise trip reports, "FE" and I have no idea what that means and what that entails. I'd love to understand. Ready for your update!

Karin - you are so sweet and kind to everyone :lovestruc - just wanted you to know that! ;)

Next - I've always followed along with you but sometimes I just get too overwhelmed with something, called, um LIFE (lol) that I don't get to post with the trip reports, but here I am.

I can't wait to hear about your adventures, again!! We have 109 days (who's counting?) until we leave on the Dream and we are so excited. I am also very interested to see your Palo Brunch as we had some early pixie dust sprinkled on us too. A very nice DIS'er who is a Platinum cruiser booked Palo Brunch for her and her husband and we've chatted through our FE thread. She invited my DH & I to enjoy Palo Brunch with them so we accepted!! How sweet is that and another reason why I love the DIS :cloud9:

Keep up the great work!

Tschuss! :)
Heather

Page Five! YIKES! Sorry about that. Crazy week back and I barely had time to start my own TR! But I'm here now and can't wait to hear all about it! :hug:

pixiedust.gif

I have been a long time lurker of many of your reports and have really enjoyed them. I am looking forward to hearing about this trip too.:)

I'm in and cant wait!!! I Love all of your reviews and cant wait to read all about the cruise :)

Welcome! :goodvibes
It means a lot to me that someone out there reads my reviews. We loved our cruise during President's Week and I did a lot of typing last night, so I can start posting the first day pretty soon - tonight! ;)

Even the title of this TR has me all :love: So glad to hear that Pixie Dust abounded on your trip! Can't wait to read all about it!

How wonderful that you came over to join us as well!
We were blessed with quite a bit of pixie dust .... it was unbelievable - the things that fell into place during this cruise. :cloud9:

So excited to read about your trip! I'm considering a DCL for our 15 year anniversary so I'm trying to learn as much as possible. Can you answer one question for me? I've seen this abbreviation all over the cruise trip reports, "FE" and I have no idea what that means and what that entails. I'd love to understand. Ready for your update!

DCL is the best! I was sure we would only do one cruise in our lifetime, but by day 2 we were rebooked and love every minute of our cruises!
Disney really knows what they are doing! :thumbsup2
And sure I can answer your question for you!
FE stands for Fish Extender. Next to your stateroom door there is either a fish or a seahorse. People hang pockets from these fish/seahorses and sign up for a FE exchange. (On the meet thread there are all the cruises, you just join and sign up for it). Now the exchange works like a secret Santa. All the participants will slip little presents into your FE and whenever you come back to your stateroom you will find a little surprise.

Here is a photo of our FE! (and door .... last summer)

DSC_0142-1.jpg

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you have. I am sure someone on here will be able to help. :goodvibes

Yay! More pics! Totally subscribing. :banana:

Lots more pics to come! We had such a fun time and I am ready to share the memories with all of you! :thumbsup2

Wow.. went back and read some of your trip reports.. Brought back memories of our trips with the girls.. :beach:
:thanks:

FE stands for Fish Extender. Next to your stateroom door there is either a fish or a seahorse. People hang pockets from these fish/seahorses and sign up for a FE exchange. (On the meet thread there are all the cruises, you just join and sign up for it). Now the exchange works like a secret Santa. All the participants will slip little presents into your FE and whenever you come back to your stateroom you will find a little surprise.

Here is a photo of our FE! (and door .... last summer)

DSC_0142-1.jpg
Such a neat idea, and I really like your FE!!!

Karin, here are the pictures from Jeff and Scott's day in Manhattan. Even though the Fantasy looks like the Dream, Scott said it was amazing seeing a Disney ship docked in the Manhattan pier.

DSCN3831.jpg

DSCN3832.jpg

DSCN3834.jpg

DSCN3837.jpg

DSCN3843.jpg

DSCN3846.jpg

DSCN3847.jpg

Karin - you are so sweet and kind to everyone :lovestruc - just wanted you to know that! ;)

Next - I've always followed along with you but sometimes I just get too overwhelmed with something, called, um LIFE (lol) that I don't get to post with the trip reports, but here I am.

I can't wait to hear about your adventures, again!! We have 109 days (who's counting?) until we leave on the Dream and we are so excited. I am also very interested to see your Palo Brunch as we had some early pixie dust sprinkled on us too. A very nice DIS'er who is a Platinum cruiser booked Palo Brunch for her and her husband and we've chatted through our FE thread. She invited my DH & I to enjoy Palo Brunch with them so we accepted!! How sweet is that and another reason why I love the DIS :cloud9:

Keep up the great work!

Tschuss! :)
Heather

Heather, thank you so much for your kind words. :hug:

I really do understand about real life interfering with DISlife sometimes. Happens to the best of us. ;)

You are going to love the DREAM. She is such a beautiful ship and the service is just outstanding! :thumbsup2
:woohoo: Early Palo Brunch pixie dust is awesome! We really enjoyed our brunch - I took a lot of photos and I hope to be able to have it all posted pretty soon, so you know what to expect.
Ask for Collette as your server - she is wonderful! :goodvibes

Page Five! YIKES! Sorry about that. Crazy week back and I barely had time to start my own TR! But I'm here now and can't wait to hear all about it! :hug:

But you are here now, Tina! :hug:
It has been crazy here too. Going back to work after a week of fun was NO fun at all.
Tina, we LOVED BLT!!!!!!!!!!! The view we had was just out of this world! We had all of the world lined up like a string of pearls.
The studios are a bit on the small side, but were big enough for the two of us during this short stay. And the view of the fireworks from the top of BLT :cloud9: ....... don't get me started! :lmao:

Well said! :thumbsup2
Feel free to comment if I forget something! :thumbsup2

I have been a long time lurker of many of your reports and have really enjoyed them. I am looking forward to hearing about this trip too.:)

It makes me very happy that you are no longer a lurker! :thumbsup2 The report is about to start! ;)

Joining in :goodvibes Loved your intro look forward to reading all about trip.

:woohoo: Glad you came over from my pre-trip report! :goodvibes
The trip report is starting in a few more minutes!

Wow.. went back and read some of your trip reports.. Brought back memories of our trips with the girls.. :beach:
:thanks:

Glad you liked my other reports! :goodvibes .... and especially happy that I could bring back memories for you! :thumbsup2

Such a neat idea, and I really like your FE!!!

We love to do FEs! And we wanted a FE that pointed towards our home country. So the Lederhosen and Dirndlkleid seemed just right! :laughing:

Karin, here are the pictures from Jeff and Scott's day in Manhattan. Even though the Fantasy looks like the Dream, Scott said it was amazing seeing a Disney ship docked in the Manhattan pier.

DSCN3831.jpg

DSCN3832.jpg

DSCN3834.jpg

DSCN3837.jpg

DSCN3843.jpg

DSCN3846.jpg

DSCN3847.jpg

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Elaine! :hug:

What a beautiful ship and how lucky you are to be able to go and see her in person. We will have to wait until we go back in August to see her at Port Canaveral!

I love the pics of Scott and Jeff! :love: Please let Scott know how much I thank him for sharing the pics with us.

And thank you too, Jeff!!!! :hug:

Day 1, February 18

“Did you notice the castle over there?” - Part 1

Finally here it was. The start to our half term vacation.

The day before had been very busy, we both had been at work, then in the afternoon we had to take Pixie to her cat-hotel

IMAG0099.jpg

and she did not like her new carrier basket and nearly scratched her paws bloody trying to get out. So after that stressful experience we had finished packing and finally called it a night at around 11.30pm. Just a little sleep …………

The alarm sounded at 3.30am and we both got up, showered and had a very peckish breakfast of tea and a roll with ham and cheese before we went through the house again, made sure everything was unplugged and then finally we hauled our suitcases down to our car, loaded everything in and off we went.
The drive to the airport takes about half an hour and at that time of day there are no delays, so after about 30 minutes we could see the airport and soon enough we turned into the long term parking lot. There was still lots of snow everywhere and it took a while until we found an empty spot and parked the car. We unloaded our luggage and walked over to the departure hall.
Since the back door was out of order we had to walk all around the building to get to the front entrance. Once there we quickly took off our thick Disneyland Paris jackets and I put them on top of our large checked bag, so we would not have to carry it around. I usually tie a ribbon around my bag, so it stands out a little and no one else takes it and once we were done we walked over to the bag drop off, as we had done online check in the day before and had printed out our tickets at home. When our luggage was finally on the way we walked back to the ATM to pick up some money, so we would be set for Frankfurt. Money in my pocket we went to the security check and we both got through with flying colours. Yippie for not setting it off.
There was a little time left until our flight left at 6.45am, so we walked through the Duty Free shop and then got in line to board our flight. Around 6.20am the gate opened and we were allowed to walk over to the plane. And yes, our airport is so small that you can actually walk over to the waiting planes. We found our seats, stowed our luggage and settled in.

IMG_3314.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

It didn’t take long and boarding was completed and the doors closed and off we went.
Once we had reached cruising altitude the flight attendants started handing out a little snack. This time they were

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3318.jpg

Chocolate Covered Leibnitz Cookie Sticks. Tom had a glass of Coke to wash it down with, while I stuck to still water.
The flight to Frankfurt is only a 55 minute flight and so we landed in Frankfurt at around 8am. Our connecting flight was only at 1.40pm, so we were in no hurry. We took our time getting off the aircraft and onto the bus that took us to the terminal.
Once inside we checked our connecting flight, but it wasn’t even on the screens yet, so we started to walk around the airport. We slowly walked to the far end of the part where we had arrived, sat down for a while, then walked back.
At one of the little airport electronics shops Tom found a pair of earphones he wanted. He had broken his travel earphones on the previous flight and they were offering noise reduction ones. So we ended up buying a pair for him. By then it was already going on 10am, so we decided to pick up a snack and find a table where we could eat and lateron check our email and DISboards during the half hour free internet. Most of the gates were busy but we finally found one that was empty and funnily enough it was the one where we could look out onto the plane we had just flown in on.

IMG_3319.jpg

Tom had gotten

IMG_3320.jpg

a beer for himself and some Diet Coke for me and we had picked up two wraps to share.
One of them was

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

a Minced Meat Wrap, filled with minced beef, goat’s cheese, ice-berg lettuce, tomato, pesto and cream cheese and the other one was

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg

a Thai-Chicken Wrap, filled with chicken, ice-berg lettuce, shredded carrots, tomatoes, cilantro, soy-bean shoots and Thai basil.
They were wonderfully fresh and tasty and we really enjoyed our snack. When we ordered our wraps I saw

IMG_3329.jpg

a brownie which looked really yummy, so I ordered just one, as Tom is not really into sweet things.
Unfortunately the Brownie was VERY sweet and VERY dry. I peeled away the dry layer and what was moist and chewy was pretty good, but all in all it was wasted money.

To be continued ..........

fantasyinmist.jpg

Jeff, was it that foggy that day that you didn't notice "who else" was there with you enjoying a glimpse at the new Disney Fantasy? :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Looks like your trip got off to a nice smooth start Karin :)
Shame that your brownie wasn't good :(
Can't wait to hear about the rest of your travel day

Great update :thumbsup2

Glad you had a great trip, not long till the next one! :goodvibes

Thank you and welcome! :goodvibes
We were very lucky = pixie dusted this trip and time just flew by, but you are right, we'll be back pretty soon! :woohoo:

Looks like your trip got off to a nice smooth start Karin :)
Shame that your brownie wasn't good :(
Can't wait to hear about the rest of your travel day

Apart from me being a nervous wreck the day before, because Pixie was trying to scratch her paws off, we had a nice and relaxed start to our trip. ;)
That brownie definitely looked better than it tasted - :sad2:

More to come ..... and other photos than food photos too! :lmao:

Very nice beginning, Karin! They always have such yummy snacks on the international flights - for us it is typical on the way over, but always yummy on the way back...just what does that say about the U.S.? lol (I know I say that every trip!!)

I remember the days when we could walk out to the plane and on international flights have a bus take us to/from the plane - have not had that experience in a very long time...except in Frankfurt on the way to Rome.

Looking forward to the next installment of fun! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your trip with those of left at home - every update makes my day!:goodvibes

p.s. Poor Pixie! Does she do okay at the cat hotel? Always so hard to leave our furbabies behind. Give her lots of kisses from us. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter