• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pixie dust by the truckload!

hipporina

<font color=teal>I keep Kleenex in business</font>
We got back yesterday and had the most amazing trip! We have been many times and I have never had an upgrade or any real exceptional treat. (Even with two 10 day trips during the million dreams promotion we didn't win anything!). This trip made up for it. First, we were staying in the new Little Mermaid rooms at AoA. We checked in on opening day and that night 2 of our 5 rooms didn't have hot water. They couldn't find 5 rooms together in Mermaid, so they upgraded all of us to the suites! It was wonderful!

Then, one afternoon I lost the Tigger hat I had bought for my baby. He knocked it off in line for the princesses and when I went to look for it, it was gone. I met up with my dh out front and when I started to tell him I burst into tears. It had been a long day and that was the proverbial straw. Anyway, as I stood there sobbing over a silly hat, a cast member approached us and asked if I was okay. I told her I was fine and what had happened. Not only did she get us a new hat, but she also brought a bag full of snacks for my entire family while we waited.

Finally, as we were boarding our flight home, the copilot let two of my boys check out the cockpit. They got to sit in the pilot's seat, push the speed control lever, and flip some switches. It was such a neat experience for them!

Those were just some of the magical moments in a truly spectacular trip. Most of all, I enjoyed spending the week with my family! I can't wait to go back!

that is awesome! glad your trip had some many magic memories!

Oh my, I love it.

Your family is beautiful and I'm glad you had a magical time sprinkled with pixie dust!

I read your blog last week (amazing!) ~ I can't think of a family who deserves it more. Glad you had a great trip!

Love this! The Magic is still alive!

I especially love your story about crying - that's totally something that would push me over the edge, too. ::yes:: SO glad there was a happy end to the story!

Finally, as we were boarding our flight home, the copilot let two of my boys check out the cockpit. They got to sit in the pilot's seat, push the speed control lever, and flip some switches. It was such a neat experience for them!

Those were just some of the magical moments in a truly spectacular trip. Most of all, I enjoyed spending the week with my family! I can't wait to go back!

That's the Disney difference! Glad you had a good time... :thumbsup2

Sounds like the airline is in the passenger service business.

Were you moved to a different section of AoA, because I thought the LM section was regular rooms only, no suites. If you did move, I'm glad you liked it - I myself hate the look of the suites, and would only want to stay in the LM section. To each his own though!

We got back yesterday and had the most amazing trip! We have been many times and I have never had an upgrade or any real exceptional treat. (Even with two 10 day trips during the million dreams promotion we didn't win anything!). This trip made up for it. First, we were staying in the new Little Mermaid rooms at AoA. We checked in on opening day and that night 2 of our 5 rooms didn't have hot water. They couldn't find 5 rooms together in Mermaid, so they upgraded all of us to the suites! It was wonderful!

Then, one afternoon I lost the Tigger hat I had bought for my baby. He knocked it off in line for the princesses and when I went to look for it, it was gone. I met up with my dh out front and when I started to tell him I burst into tears. It had been a long day and that was the proverbial straw. Anyway, as I stood there sobbing over a silly hat, a cast member approached us and asked if I was okay. I told her I was fine and what had happened. Not only did she get us a new hat, but she also brought a bag full of snacks for my entire family while we waited.

That sounds like a great trip! I'm glad the CM's helped you out. :)

We leave on Saturday & hope to have an amazing time. This will be our first vacation ALONE since our honeymoon in 2010.

5 rooms....:faint: sounds like you all had a great time! I can't imagine the logistics for planning a trip for your fam...... you guys rock!

Hooray for a magical trip for you and your precious family! So happy to hear about all the touches of pixie dust along your journey. pixiedust:

Thank you all for your kind words! It was a truly magical experience!

I should have been more clear about the rooms. Only 3 of the 5 were me and my children. The other 2 were my parents and my sister and her family. We all went together.

Schmeck - They moved us to the Lion King suites and they were fantastic! The Little Mermaid area was nice but the suites were over the top. I especially appreciated being closer to the main building and buses. It was quite the trek to the Mermaid rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter