Pixar Place Superthread

StarlitNight05

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the Pixar Place Superthread!

It seemed overdue that this hotel got its own superthread for FAQs and other discussions...so here we are! This hotel was formally known as the Paradise Pier Hotel, and has been fully revamped to the Pixar Place Hotel. The official opening was January 30, 2024.

1707497998851.png

1707497968082.png

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/hotels/pixar-place-hotel/

Resort Address
1717 S. Disneyland Drive, Anaheim, California 92802
(714) 999-0990

Parking
Self-parking for Pixar Place Hotel is available to registered hotel Guests for $40 (plus tax) per night, per vehicle. Valet service at $70 per night, per vehicle.
Get Directions

Check-in/Check-out
Check-in time is 3:00 p.m., check-out time is 11:00 a.m. Express Checkout is available.

Early Entry/Private Gate to DCA
Guests of onsite hotels can take advantage of 30 minutes of early entry (note that the two parks alternate which offer early entry).

There is a private gate to DCA for Pixar Place guests (although all onsite keys seem to work). This gate is located next to the main pedestrian gate to the Grand California hotel.

Rooms
20231201_RH_13.jpg

The Pixar Place Hotel has 481 rooms and suites. Standard rooms are 364 square feet with either a king-size bed or two queen-size beds. Many rooms have a day bed and will accommodate up to five people. In addition to the 460 standard hotel rooms there are 29 suites, ranging in size from 792-1,245 square feet. Poolside rooms are available to club level guests.

Room Amenities
  • Air Conditioning / Heat
  • Crib Pack 'n Play Upon Request
  • High-speed Internet – WiFi Service
  • Mini Refrigerator
  • Alarm Clock
  • Desk
  • Ice Bucket
  • Safe - In Room
  • Bathroom amenities
  • Dual Line Phone with Voice Mail
  • Interior Corridor Access
  • Satellite TV
  • Coffee maker
  • Hair Dryer
  • Iron & Board
  • Shower & Bathtub Combo
Club Room Amenities
Projected opening of club rooms is June 2024

Includes All Room Amenities, Plus:
  • A selection of DVDs available for checkout
  • Exclusive access to the Beachcomber Club on the 2nd floor
  • Complimentary wine, beer and appetizers from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
  • Nightly turndown service
  • Continental breakfast from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM
  • Personal assistance from the Concierge Staff
  • Desserts from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
  • Snacks from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Dining
Table Service Dining
Great Maple
, a Southern California favorite, has opened a flagship restaurant on the first floor.

Quick Service Dining
Sketch Pad Café
, grab-and-go coffee shop located in the lobby
Small Bytes, a poolside snack bar

Attachments

• 1707526790023.png
    1707526790023.png
    493.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

It looks great! I'll be curious to hear how people like the new rooms. I'd like to know how their club level is, too, but that won't start for a few months.

We are arriving 7/23-8/3 and have a chance to book a premium room club level so if we booked it would all the club level rooms be newly refurbished?

We are arriving 7/23-8/3 and have a chance to book a premium room club level so if we booked it would all the club level rooms be newly refurbished?
Yes, when I called to ask about our July reservation, the CM said that anyone staying in the hotel after the grand opening in January will be in a renovated room. He said no one will ever stay in an old Paradise Pier themed room again.

Yes, when I called to ask about our July reservation, the CM said that anyone staying in the hotel after the grand opening in January will be in a renovated room. He said no one will ever stay in an old Paradise Pier themed room again.
Oh! That's good to know! Thanks for sharing. Perhaps the reports I had read about being placed in an old room were just before the grand opening.

THANK YOU so much for starting this thread! I've been very interested in the new version of the hotel. I wasn't a big fan of the PPH, but Pixar sounds much nicer. I'm reserving judgment until I see how the prices stack up and the relative value.

I'm pretty old so I remember staying there back in the day when it was not a Disney property (and fairly inexpensive in a relative way, but very nice), and you could walk right up a short way to the DLH and catch the monorail. I believe it bordered on what was then the gigantic DLR parking lot. It was called the Pan Pacific Hotel then and it was a great way to feel like you were staying on site without paying the same price.

Has anyone stayed in a renovated room? If so, can you comment on the AC system? When we stayed in a non-renovated room in October, the AC all blew out of a vent on the exterior wall, across our two queen room. So the people in the bed by the windows were freezing and the others were warm. I suspect they didn’t change this with the renovation since it would be very costly, but I was hoping someone can comment on an updated room.

THANK YOU so much for starting this thread! I've been very interested in the new version of the hotel. I wasn't a big fan of the PPH, but Pixar sounds much nicer. I'm reserving judgment until I see how the prices stack up and the relative value.

I'm pretty old so I remember staying there back in the day when it was not a Disney property (and fairly inexpensive in a relative way, but very nice), and you could walk right up a short way to the DLH and catch the monorail. I believe it bordered on what was then the gigantic DLR parking lot. It was called the Pan Pacific Hotel then and it was a great way to feel like you were staying on site without paying the same price.
So interesting! I had to look up the history of the hotel after reading your post (here is a link from an old touring plans blog if anyone is interested): https://touringplans.com/blog/exploring-disneys-paradise-pier-hotel/

I couldn't find any pics of what it actually looked like pre Disney, but I assume it was just the bones of the building as it is now, with much less theming and decor.

So interesting! I had to look up the history of the hotel after reading your post (here is a link from an old touring plans blog if anyone is interested): https://touringplans.com/blog/exploring-disneys-paradise-pier-hotel/

I couldn't find any pics of what it actually looked like pre Disney, but I assume it was just the bones of the building as it is now, with much less theming and decor.
It's odd, but I didn't find any pictures, either. It was quite beautiful inside--I remember the lobby was open in the center to where you could look several floors up. There was a large art piece there which I can't really describe because I don't remember what it looked like!! Some sort of sculpture or something. It was that kind of hotel with marble floors and an elegant feel.

We stayed at Paradise Pier when it was owned by Disney but not called Paradise Pier. Lol. It was in August 2001 for our honeymoon. It was the very first time I had ever got to stay at a Disney hotel and I was beyond excited!!! We actually have some of the artwork they had in the hotel when we stayed there. When they changed it to Paradise Pier, they sold the artwork on eBay and we bought it. ☺️

We stayed at Paradise Pier when it was owned by Disney but not called Paradise Pier. Lol. It was in August 2001 for our honeymoon. It was the very first time I had ever got to stay at a Disney hotel and I was beyond excited!!! We actually have some of the artwork they had in the hotel when we stayed there. When they changed it to Paradise Pier, they sold the artwork on eBay and we bought it. ☺️
That's so cool!

I’m thinking of being a June stay here. I see it’s right across the street from CA, but is there any kind of transportation to DL?

I’m thinking of being a June stay here. I see it’s right across the street from CA, but is there any kind of transportation to DL?
It’s a super short walk into DCA. It’s not a bad walk to Disneyland if you cut through the Grand Californian. You can also enter security through downtown Disney and take the monorail into the park. There aren’t buses or anything.

If you are concerned with speed:
Last September, I cut through the Grand Californian and used their security but there was a long line. My husband left our room 10 minutes after me and entered by Downtown Disney and walked through all of downtown Disney and beat me into the park.

Another morning, I used the monorail while my husband did his same walk (leaving 10 minutes after me) and beat me again.

Has anyone stayed in a renovated room? If so, can you comment on the AC system? When we stayed in a non-renovated room in October, the AC all blew out of a vent on the exterior wall, across our two queen room. So the people in the bed by the windows were freezing and the others were warm. I suspect they didn’t change this with the renovation since it would be very costly, but I was hoping someone can comment on an updated room.
I don't think it's changed — we're staying there in a couple of weeks and from every room tour I've watched, the vents are still pointing directly at the bed(s), which are lined up against the same side of the room as before 😕

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter