Pixar Parade at DCA

gatorfreud

DIS Veteran
Well my boys usually aren't that into parades, but I thought they may like this one. How early do you think you need to grab a spot (likely the Sat. after TG)? Does it follow the whole parade route (starting in the back?), or does it sort of just "sit" at Sunshine plaza? Thanks for any insight! :)

Kim

This past week, you really didn't need to line up but I don't know about after TG. However, there are benches right across from Bugs Life, in front of the blue cellar thing. If you get those, they won't let anyone sit in front of you.

Its a cute parade! My DS is typically unimpressed and loved this one!

I'm not sure how it would be after TG either, but if it's like any other Sat, you might want to grab a spot further away from the Sunshine Plaza where it starts bc lots of ppl like to crowd around there. Across from A Bug's Land & by the former Golden Dreams building is usually less crowded, at least when I'm there. But yes, the parade goes along the whole parade route.

Sitting further away from the plaza is a good idea. Its gets super crowded there. We generally will grab some ice cream and sit there in the plaza area though. But my DD isn't into parades so its fine that people block some of the view. I personally don't enjoy this one as much as the block party, and I don't like getting squirted with water. But if your children enjoy the characters, they don't miss the parade. Just sit further down the route and you will be fine. I will suggest grabbing a snack and stacking out a bench while you wait.

I sat on a bench near Golden Vine Winery (from where I was sitting I looked out to the Paradise Pier area) about half an hour before the parade started on a Monday. At that point the all the benches were empty, although it may be more crowded on a weekend. I had a great front row view from that bench.

This is a really fun parade that anyone will get some enjoyment out of if they like any of the PIXAR movies. There was plenty of room in from of A Bug's Land, just 15 minutes before the parade started.

My 2 and 4 year old loved this parade and my DH and I did, too. Don't want to spoil anything, but water plays a role in the parade. We were walking just across from Pizza Oom Mow Mow and just sat down to watch. This was in October when the park was really crowded and there was plenty of room, it was also right where the parade goes backstage.

I can't wait to see this parade either! My son loves the pixar movies so I hope he enjoys it...he also loves loves playing in water and I hear you get wet :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter