Pixar looking to bid for Disney?

All that would be is one HUGE ego, Michael Eisner, for another HUGE ego, Steve Jobs. I am sure there is a better fit than this!!!

All that would be is one HUGE ego, Michael Eisner, for another HUGE ego, Steve Jobs. I am sure there is a better fit than this!!!

Comcast????

Boy reading that article makes me think we are on the block in a fire sale. I'm not liking this. AS the price goes up so does the debtload that the buying company would have to service, this would lead to a bigger incentive to sell parts of the company as scrap.

Originally posted by manning
Comcast????

How about, say Northrop-Grumman or Lockheed Martin? Tap into the healthy defense budget and get Goofy's picture on the side of an F-22?

Now that's an idea I could get behind Galahad. :laughing:

Other than spoiling Comcast's bid and wanting licensing to the Disney characters, Pixar wouldn't be anymore interested in the parks, resorts or cruiseline than Comcast.

Quick, somebody flip a coin.:jumping2:

An ego does not have to be a bad thing. If Jobs believes a key element to success in a creative company is allowing the creators to create, then he's a vast improvement over Eisner, ego or not.

I don't know about the cruiseline, but reports over the years have always said that Lassiter et al have taken a keen interest in what Disney does with their licenses at the parks.

There have been rumors that he was happy with the layout of Flik's Fair but not the actual rides.

The guy is a toy fan. How could he not be into revitilizing the Disney parks, resorts and stores. And isn't the cruise line kind of a mobile park/resort?

I'm saying Pixar/Apple is my first pick for merging with Disney. Get Ei$ner out and Jobs/Lassiter in. How fast can this happen?!?!?

As fast as 36% of the stockholders vote Nay on Ei$ner et al.

As fast as Roy gets a slate of officers that includes people from Pixar.

March for date one. Summer for date two?

Yes, that fast.

Forget Comcast, and Ei$ner's golden parachute, and his little secret succession envelope. It could happen that quick.

Steve Jobs is a demanding visionary who focuses on building a culture of great people who do incredible things. He is not a genius of business, but is one who survives through creativity and wanting to be the absolute best. He believes in a brand standing for principles of quality, and in not EVER sacrificing brand ethics for the sake of profit. Others can do things cheaper, but Steve does things well. He is, by all counts, demanding, difficult, and people love the guy.

He also courts and retains talent, and does not seem to be threatened by others. He lets the talent do what the talent can. He does get involved, but only enough to ensure that people are aligned with his overall vision. I have read several interviews with John Lasseter who talked about Steve having an office near enough to drive him crazy, but not close enough to interfere.

Remember that Apple floundered badly in product design after Steve left, and then regained their cult following after he returned.

I have always thought that Steve Jobs reminded me of Walt Disney. Imagine what that kind of focus could bring to the brand!

Now, of course, Apple/Pixar does not have the resources to acquire Disney without being forced to sell off a substantial amt. of assets afterward. But it is fun to dream!

The problem that I see with a Pixar arrangement would be with Steve Jobs and his role at Apple. Yes, Pixar and Disney made a wonderful team but there was no conflict because it was a business relationship. For Pixar/Steve Jobs to acquire Disney wouldn't this be a problem. I thought Disney recently entered into a long term agreement with H.P. which not only involves hosting all of the official Disney sites but in partnership with NASA and Disney created Epcot's newest space experience. If this were to be the case, there is an alternative. Gates and Microsoft. Tech. advancement including Digital is not a problem and neither is the money!

There was also news recently about how Jobs has been very interested in learning everything he can about Walt Disney. He's facinated by the man and his life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter