Pixar Cruise. No Pirate Night?

Sam207

Earning My Ears
A DCL CM told me via email that Pixar Cruises don't have a Pirate Night. Yet, I do so see bookable Pirate Themed Makeovers on our Tortola night. Any idea what gives? Is there hope for 2 evenings with fireworks? Otherwise, if the fireworks are on the Pixar evening, what might the Pirate Night look like? First time w/ DCL. First cruiser on any ship.

We will know as soon as the first Pixar cruise sails. Hopefully someone will report back!

When this was a Star Wars cruise, they also had a pirate night. I can’t remember if there were fireworks both nights (my kids hate fireworks) but I do remember the Star Wars pool deck show was awesome! (So was the marvel!)

According to my TA, there will be a pirate night on our Eastern Caribbean PDAS (Tortola port day).

I so hope your TA is correct, and the DCL CM was wrong. So, this would mean fireworks twice?
I did 3 Star Wars Day at Sea cruises(Pixar is replacing the Star Wars cruises now). We had pirate night and had 2 nights of fireworks. I would guess they would do the same for your cruise, but unfortunately no way to know until they start. The phone CMs aren't always correct with info, especially when it comes to something new.

Appreciate the reply. How do you know this?
This would be the first DCL cruise without a Pirate night (outside of Northern Europe and Alaska). It would involve them coming up with a new dining room menu and replacing an evening of well-rehearsed activities. If I had to bet, I would guess the CM is wrong.

When this was a Star Wars cruise, they also had a pirate night. I can’t remember if there were fireworks both nights (my kids hate fireworks) but I do remember the Star Wars pool deck show was awesome! (So was the marvel!)

On our Star Wars cruise, they substituted a Star Wars night with fireworks for the Pirate Night. One night of fireworks only. We aren't Star Wars fans (didn't realize I'd booked one until later) so we sat in the outside area of Meridian to watch the fireworks and have a glass of champagne so I can't say much about the stage show during the party as I didn't see it. But we could hear Star Wars music from where we were.

This would be the first DCL cruise without a Pirate night (outside of Northern Europe and Alaska). It would involve them coming up with a new dining room menu and replacing an evening of well-rehearsed activities. If I had to bet, I would guess the CM is wrong.
See a message below where there was no Pirate night. Still, thank you for the replies. Time will tell.

See a message below where there was no Pirate night. Still, thank you for the replies. Time will tell.
My swdas cruise in 2018 had both…purate and sw just cant remember whether the pirateshow with Jack included fireworks

I can confirm that at least the later Pixar sailings have had two nights of fireworks - Pixar and Pirate. Only thing missing was Pirate menu, everything else was as usual. Sailed 2/18.

A DCL CM told me via email that Pixar Cruises don't have a Pirate Night.
I can confirm that at least the later Pixar sailings have had two nights of fireworks - Pixar and Pirate. Only thing missing was Pirate menu, everything else was as usual. Sailed 2/18.
DCL CM's answering the phone, chat and emails have historically been unhelpful to just plain wrong concerning how things operate onboard, even the onshore Concierge team. It seems they make things up when asked, or fail to check documentation that they were provided. Their main job is to manage bookings and paiements, not to act as a representative of the cruise directors.

A DCL CM told me via email that Pixar Cruises don't have a Pirate Night. Yet, I do so see bookable Pirate Themed Makeovers on our Tortola night. Any idea what gives? Is there hope for 2 evenings with fireworks? Otherwise, if the fireworks are on the Pixar evening, what might the Pirate Night look like? First time w/ DCL. First cruiser on any ship.

Everyone in our FB group is saying we are having 2 nights of fireworks....one on Pirate Night and one on Pixar night based on the few Pixar cruises that sailed already.

MJ

Can also confirm two fireworks night on our recent Pixar day at sea cruise. First was the first day at sea (day 2) and second was Caymen Islands night (day 4).

2 fireworks, and the only difference vs regular Pirates night is no pirates night menu in the MDR, but the regular rotational menu for that dining room (as the one special menu on that cruise is the Pixar menu, on Pixar night)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter