• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pix from the 10/13 Eastern

Can you believe I have been on DCL other times and have NEVER looked at the floor. Now next cruise, I have to check it out. Beautiful pictures. Thanks for posting them.:hippie:

Thanks for everyone's feedback on the pictures. I'm flattered that some of you mentioned you'll be using them for your desktop wallpaper. :)

I'll try to answer a couple of the questions I saw:

Q: "How'd you get so few people in your pics?" or "You must have shot pretty early"

A: Actually, I'm a night owl so getting up early is not something I know how to do (unless it's time to drive to the port!). All of the shots of the atrium lobby were taken between midnight and 1:00am. As you can imagine, there's not a lot of activity that time of night. I actually had to wait about 30 minutes to shoot because there was some kind of dessert buffet going on in Lumiere's. The rest of the photos were taken pretty much at regular times. The sunset (not sunrise) photos were taken between 6:00-7:00pm when most people were at dinner. The rest of time I just take care to frame the photos so that I can get as few people in them as possible. Sometimes it takes a little patience to wait until people move out of frame. Not that I'm a misanthropist. I'm just after shots of the ship (to get me through those long months or years between trips).

Q: "What kind of camera do you use?"
A: On this trip I had two cameras. My main camera is a Nikon D200 for which I have a few lenses (10mm-20mm, 18mm-200mm, 35mm f/2). The other is my tiny Canon SD800 point and shoot. I also brought an underwater housing for the small camera for CCay. I think it's a solid testament to camera quality these days that sometimes I can't tell which camera took which picture. Just remember for your own picture taking....it's not the camera, it's the photographer :)

Q: "What kind of settings did you use?"
A: That's hard to answer because it varies so widely depending on the picture. You can see all the details on Flickr by looking at the lower right of the image's page and click the link that says "More properties".

Q: "Can I use it for my wallpaper?"
A: Wallpaper away!

Q: "Can I buy a print?"
A: I'm flattered that anyone would ask. I thought you could purchase one directly through Flickr but I'm not seeing how that works. If anyone is interested in one please send me a private message (through here or Flickr). I'm not really looking to make any money from these so I'd sell them at cost (to DIS'ers, anyway :) )

Thanks again for looking at my photos.

Digichrome-imagine my surprise that while looking at your beautiful pictures, I came across one that my husband had taken of you and your wife in front of the Magic the day that we were coming back from St. Maarten, if you remember, you returned the favor and took a great one of the four of us as well!! It truly is a small world, after all! Hope that you had as much fun as we did-we booked on-board to return October 18 and sail the Western cruise this time!! Hope that all is well...I have to say, I'm missing the Magic!! Your pics are GREAT!!

Wow! What a coincidence. Thanks so much for taking our picture we don't get a lot with both of us in them. I always hate asking people but it's the only way we can get them. I hope the one of your family came out OK. I get asked to take pictures for people occasionally (people think the gear means I know what I'm doing!) and I always fear they came out lousy.

Glad to hear you booked your next trip already (Great date, BTW:) ) I think you'll really like the Western, that's our favorite itinerary. This is the first time in 5 years I don't yet have one planned. We're thinking of a non-cruise trip to Italy next summer instead. Oh well, maybe I can sneak a trip on the Wonder sometime in 2008.

digichrome,

I too must join in on the praise - great photos! The clarity and color are truly awesome. I have an Eos Rebel but was wondering about a small camera to get - you've confirmed my thoughts on the Canon 800 or 1000. I'm working on a slide show tour of the ship and with your indulgence, I'm adding a few of your awesome shots to keep my until my cruise next year. Looks like you had as much fun as we did on the cruise.

Cheers!
DisneyFamilyTX

Gorgeous photos--makes me want to get a new camera. Thanks for sharing. You are a great photographer!!

Great photos. I hope I could do half the job you did and i"d be happy. We'll see how mine come out dec 2, Wonder cruise.

just had to jump in to echo what's already been said - GORGEOUS photos!! Thanks for sharing.I started with the "best of" but they were so compelling now I'm going to have to go through all of them!

Digi - thanks for sharing! We were also onboard for our 10th anniversary..... AND you have a picture of my little tuxedo man being interviewed for the Golden Mickey's!!!!!! WOW! I was shocked to see that in there. Thanks so cool! Your pictures are ALL awesome!

Your photos are truly spectacular, thank you so much for sharing! You really brought out the beauty of the ship. We were also on this cruise and this brought back so many wonderful memories for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter